• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Everywhere I go in my area is just dead grass and dead bushes. I've never seen so much burnt dirt in my life.

Sleeping is a fucking nightmare, I haven't got money for one of those cheap ACs so my windows are all open but fuck man, It feels like death. How are you coping with it? It feels like it's never-ending.

Also, Americans just to get it out the way, I know there's temperatures that blow this out of the water for you guys, but we're just not used to this. Our country doesn't get the crazy heat you do.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
not well. took today off work. good thing too, as it has indeed been the hottest day of the year.

thankfully there's supposed to be rain tonight that will supposedly break the overbearing heat and bring it down to just very hot.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
I work nights and it's been absolutely impossible to sleep during the day, it's too fucking hot. I just want a rainy day where I can catch up some hours of sleep.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not a Brit, but the wheather here in the Netherlands is pretty crazy as well. Thank God we have AC at work.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My car A/C is broken, so that's awesome.

Otherwise not too bad. Kids are suffering a bit, though. This winter will be when we get air con installed upstairs, I think.

OP
OP
Masterspeed

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I work nights and it's been absolutely impossible to sleep during the day, it's too fucking hot. I just want a rainy day where I can catch up some hours of sleep.
My GF is doing her first night shift today and the company got all her sizes wrong for her uniform so everything is tight or extremely baggy. She works where there's aircon but I'm worried about her traveling back in this.

I used to wish for this heat years ago, now I'd rather have terrible summer's for the rest of my life than go through this every night.

Goldfishking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the north west of England, rain came back a week ago and tonight it's expected to be thunderstorms.

Do0JhMN.png

People used to laugh at us because of the large amount of rain we get. Well who's laughing now?

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously considering just putting a mattress In the back of my work van and sleeping in it with the AC turned on.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't think people realise how serious this is for the average brit, there are wasps everywhere.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Last night myself, my gf, and two or her housemates went for a walk to shadwell basin just so they could cool off in the water for 10 minutes before bed.

I literally just took a train back from London Bridge to my home, took a route that was 1 hour longer just so I could sit on a fully air conditioned train.

Halfway through the journey I was actually shivering. It was pure bliss.

Now I'm having cold showers every hour or so.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I came back from Southern California on Saturday. Man that was so mild by comparison.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Its July. If you spend time outside in a temperate climate in the northern hemisphere, your pants are most likely moist. This isn't because you soiled yourself, its because its July and its fucking hot and humid and the ass sweat that collected while you were sitting down.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Love it. AC home, AC office, AC gym. Then leave work early every day for drinks in a beer garden or a rooftop terrace, to enjoy the sun and heat. Summer of the century.

Cheers!

020d8069-1eeb-4395-8jxdsi.jpeg

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I'm in the South West and don't get what all the fuss is about, yeah it's hot but not unbearable.

It's been beautiful, lots of sunny afternoons in pub gardens or supping cocktails by the river.

OP
OP
Masterspeed

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Love it. AC home, AC office, AC gym. Then leave work early every day for drinks in a beer garden or a rooftop terrace, to enjoy the sun and heat. Summer of the century.

Cheers!

020d8069-1eeb-4395-8jxdsi.jpeg
Rooftop terrace in UK? Are you one of them billionaires? I swear, if that's London your wealth exceeds mine probably by 99%.

Fuck you.

Have another cold one for me.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
You're drinking Stella Artois though

Prick.

Fuck off.

Can I stay round yours?

It was going so well until you chose the Stella.

Rooftop terrace in UK? Are you one of them billionaires? I swear, if that's London your wealth exceeds mine probably by 99%.

Fuck you.

Have another cold one for me.

Invite everyone over wtf man?

Such Stella hate lol. They had ran out of Corona and Sol, and London Pale and IPA were too substantial for this weather

Photo is from our residents bar terrace, not my personal terrace

which is couple of floors up

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Stop complaining about it and just book some vacations in Portugal, the weather is actually not hot here, it is basically just mid 20s celsius which is funny so many countries having heat waves while our country which is usually pretty hot at this time of year is just fine, got to say really love these kind of heat waves, much better than the 40ºC ones we got last year.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The only things keeping me alive are my USB fan and ice cold bottles of water.

I can't wait for autumn/winter.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I was just in Cyprus and couldn't get enough of the sun but honestly, fuck this shit here in London. It's so damn humid, we need some breeze.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Slowly dying
We had a downpour on Monday evening but even then it was still pretty hot.
In my office at work it's been on average around 30 degrees since May with windows open and fans on.
To make things even worse there's been roadworks on my journey home from work the last two weeks adding around an extra 20mins to my journey which was already about an hour long. It also doesn't help that the aircon on the bus doesn't work 90% of the time.

It's just started raining now and it's still around 27 degrees in my room. I need some cool air! Scotland you used to be so windy :(

Edit* and that's it for the rain - 2 whole minutes worth