Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Wait, what? Isn't A4 the last one?
SUtxkV6.gif

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Is Captain Marvel really a fan favorite as the article says? I don't know the popularity of comic books and characters, other than the ones I know from movies and video games and such.
No, her comics aren't the most popular. But that doesn't really matter for the movie

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think cameos would be in the 7. They're not going to waste one on that, it would just be another contract like RDJ.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Awesome, she's going to be rad as hell.

Having her second apperance be a Russos directed slugfest agains Thanos is going to make her bad ass.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they're gonna try and make her the marquee hero of the next phase. I sure hope she turns out well in Captain Marvel.
I think they've said they were hoping Spidey was going to be the face of the second generation MCU, though I guess that's contingent on whether Marvel will still be in the licensing deal. Captain Marvel will probably be the runner-up.

I hope the deal signing can be taken as an indication that they're happy with how the movie is turning out.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good for her, but it always bums me out to see a great actor get locked into one of the franchises forever.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I hope her performance is good and people, myself included, enjoy the character. Seven movies with a hero that basically has no previous mainstream exposure is a lot.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Is she stuck on that salary for seven films minus bonuses. That would suck, not really, still millions but you know, Marvel/Disney are raking it in and she is probably the new tent pole fixture.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Once Brie nailed that granny during the audition, we knew we had our next pillar."

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think they've said they were hoping Spidey was going to be the face of the second generation MCU, though I guess that's contingent on whether Marvel will still be in the licensing deal. Captain Marvel will probably be the runner-up.

I hope the deal signing can be taken as an indication that they're happy with how the movie is turning out.
I very much doubt that.
They were never going to make a character they dont fully own the face of their franchise.

And the character's name is literally Captain Marvel. Making her your mascot character is a no brainer.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
I would have waited for her movie to come out. Otherwise it makes sense. She's the face of the MCU for the next decade. Personally I think they should have gone with Black Panther, but oh well.

Three New Avenger films
Two Sequels to Cap Marvel
And two crossover/cameo films.

Given her power set and personality, it does make sense for her to be the new Captain America of the MCU. Feige must be impressed with her work and she's also an academy award calibre actress so it's a leap of faith that's perfectly logical imo.

It's a good role and the payday means she'll be able to do passion work as well. It also helps her avoid the wife / girlfriend role similar actresses have ended up with as they get older.

I don't think newer actresses will be willing to accept these type of roles as more women wants to direct or start their own production companies. Theron, Garner and Berry are in their 40's or 50's and they are doing all kind of stuff including action movies.

Is she stuck on that salary for seven films minus bonuses. That would suck, not really, still millions but you know, Marvel/Disney are raking it in and she is probably the new tent pole fixture.

Think of it as a deal similar to what Conor McGregor possess in the UFC which is 3 million downside payment for a fight + % of the merchandise + PPV buyrate. It can add up to an amount of 40-50 million dollars for a fight, which is possibly what he will get for the UFC 229 gong show. :p She doesn't have the history to command a 20 million downside payment and there's very few stars who will get it such as Dwayne Johnson or Jennifer Lawrence before her string of underwhelming movies.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

No, they said Spidey will lead us into the next generation. He won't be the face - that's Carol & T'Challa.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I very much doubt that.
They were never going to make a character they dont fully own the face of their franchise.

And the character's name is literally Captain Marvel. Making her your mascot character is a no brainer.

The next 3 years will be very interesting with what they do with Spidey. If rumors are true and Norman Osbourn will be a big player in the MCU, how does that affect the Sony deal and how long do they keep him in HS?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

It'll likely go up as she appears in more movies. It wouldn't really make sense for her to be in her fourth movie and still only making 5m while other cast members are making 15m. That's how much Scarlett is getting for the Black Widow movie. But getting 5m from the start is big. Gal Gadot only got 300k for Wonder Woman, which was the same that Chris Evans got for the first Captain America.

OP
OP
BWoog

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Its going to 100% be T'Challa. He's the next generation's Tony Stark.

If not for the MCU blackout as part of Avengers 4, I'm sure we would have gotten an announcement for the sequel already.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God what I wouldn't give for 7 years of job security.
And not even as a high paid actor, just any job.