• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and the recent discussion was going sideways about semantics not realizing what the actual issue is, in my opinion.
EzekelRAGE
Or to be more clearly: I want to see how Stuart444 and Sophia respond to this argument instead of protecting Donna over a phrasing issue.

I'm aware of the actual issue Gorlak, I rather explicitly said right before your post that it's still a bad thing, and was actually in agreement with you about the optics of her defense there. Stop trying to look for scum tells that don't actually exist.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I took note of that earlier Zeke.

And THIS is why I was trying talk with you yesterday. We tend to have similar opinions and that's why I feel like I can read you better than others. But you outright refused to share any view at that time.
Was busy, skimmed and screwed up. My bad.

Back to your post on 1418 about Donna.
If I'm reading that right, she thought Et was scum based on meta?

Then today she cleans it up saying she believed in her heart he was town?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Let's agree to disagree. You obviously think justifying actions in retrospec is no big deal.
That's the thing. I was gonna wait til I got enuff time and look it up. But I could've swore he made a post about not caring about any reason I gave for voting dibs since it is coming after the fact.

Then to see him just rollover and accept donnas et stance?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of the actual issue Gorlak, I rather explicitly said right before your post that it's still a bad thing, and was actually in agreement with you about the optics of her defense there. Stop trying to look for scum tells that don't actually exist.
Than I misunderstood your post. I thought it was only about how she voted CS. Not that she didn't say anything about ET at that time.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing. I was gonna wait til I got enuff time and look it up. But I could've swore he made a post about not caring about any reason I gave for voting dibs since it is coming after the fact.

Then to see him just rollover and accept donnas et stance?

I said I was taking your reason with a pinch of salt because well, you had no real reason. Your vote was LITERALLY in response to Gorlak's post.

It's not like she voted CS and did it based off other peoples reasons and then tried to justify it later on. She justified NOT voting for someone by saying they feel they were town.

Difference imo but whatever.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I said I was taking your reason with a pinch of salt because well, you had no real reason. Your vote was LITERALLY in response to Gorlak's post.

It's not like she voted CS and did it based off other peoples reasons and then tried to justify it later on. She justified NOT voting for someone by saying they feel they were town.

Difference imo but whatever.
Are you scumreading me for anything else other than the dubs vote?

If you don't want to answer that, don't bother responding to my posts.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I also wonder, why has the person who has the chat power not come forward?

I mean, I'm not disbelieving it but we do only have Zeke's word on it.

But I'm curious why the person with the chat power not come forward.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stu you seem fixated in power and setup speculation, IIRC it was you who on day 1 was "we surely have vanillas on this setup", usually I don't see that in a good light. Easier than hunting

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Why would they bother revealing their role just to protect one person, who they don't even know for certain is town.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stu you seem fixated in power and setup speculation, IIRC it was you who on day 1 was "we surely have vanillas on this setup", usually I don't see that in a good light. Easier than hunting

Yeah, I agree. Especially in regards to this chat power; why are you fixated on the person who has it and them coming forward? Your goal is to hunt scum here, not hunt power roles. Kinda suspicious tbh.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Why would they? Nothing is gained by them coming forward. Other than putting a target on their back.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

I said that because I thought Nin's claim was the safest non-claim there is in a non-role madness game.

How am I fixated when all I have said really was the Vanilla stuff and the one post above.

hmm

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
btw my theory now is that chat creator is scum, made the chat, saw fantoma's read list and then decided to kill Fantomas based on that.

No idea if Zeke made it rather than a 3rd party. but I believe it's a scum power and Fantomas was killed because of his reads.

So if they had come forward, I'd want to go for them.

Could I be wrong? Sure, I'm not even sure if the 3rd party could see the chat that they made between Fantomas and Zeke. But if it WAS a 3rd party and they CAN see the chat, I'm guessing that's why he died.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
btw my theory now is that chat creator is scum, made the chat, saw fantoma's read list and then decided to kill Fantomas based on that.

No idea if Zeke made it rather than a 3rd party. but I believe it's a scum power and Fantomas was killed because of his reads.

So if they had come forward, I'd want to go for them.

Could I be wrong? Sure, I'm not even sure if the 3rd party could see the chat that they made between Fantomas and Zeke. But if it WAS a 3rd party and they CAN see the chat, I'm guessing that's why he died.
Or the simpler option, he was killed because he was townreaded by everyone

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Stu is the scummiest scum that's ever scummed.

I'm also a cop. I checked Stu. he was scum. Big red check.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Your posts right now remind me of when you claimed vanilla town earlier during this day phase.

s8rvo3bveivl.gif

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Also while anecdotal : Scum!Grizzly goes after me hard and early. I'd expect him to be going for my throat if he was scum now.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, between you, Nin, and Coolest, the whole lot of you basically make me not want to play this game anymore. Jury's out on Coolest's gambit at the end of Day 1, but insofar as you and Nin claiming vanilla town, it didn't do a damn thing for helping town.

It also didn't do a thing aganist us, so dunno why you acting like it did. Who knows if its even true.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of how much people keep bringing up past games and behaviour. I'm fine if it's the occassional post because past habits can sometimes help but some people just keep harping on it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, between you, Nin, and Coolest, the whole lot of you basically make me not want to play this game anymore. Jury's out on Coolest's gambit at the end of Day 1, but insofar as you and Nin claiming vanilla town, it didn't do a damn thing for helping town.

Yeah, well join the club. I'm only not subbing out because I think it'd be unfair as fuck to my replacement to clean up my mess.

I've been very legit angry and upset during this game, it's probably the most unfun game I've played in.

Call me whatever you want but this has been a really sour experience for me.

So I'm gonna keep on playing until I get taken out. I'll still try and hunt scum but if people want to claim I'm just doing busy work or being too defensive or to emotional then what the fuck ever.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side I dount scum will kill Stuart since he's raving with rage and think we'll lynch him, and he is giving the good inout here and there...

So yay

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm sorry if my attitude has made it unfun to play in for any of you. Honestly if you have gripes with how I'm playing please PM or bring it up after the game, I don't want to be anyone's fun killer at all.

This is an inherently stressful game and ive done my fair share to muck it up in the past, so please contact me after if I have killed the games fun like a human for you.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of how much people keep bringing up past games and behaviour. I'm fine if it's the occassional post because past habits can sometimes help but some people just keep harping on it.

You know in our past games together you said something similar...

...and I have to agree. Its easy for people to break the character they build up for you. But at the same time playing with multiple people certain ones don't change much and you can start to read in behind the "role of the game" so to speak...basically I'm getting at it's a nice enough soft guideline, but nothing to live by

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vote: Giant Panda

Yeah nothing is gonna redeem them to me after day1, that shit was suspect. I know since the move was a vote on me people will say I'm vindictive, but honestly I'm just hung up on this.

Sorry not sorry boo

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
He got massively burned for that in Marvel though. Scum grizzly is much more amiabe than town grizzly in my experience.

To be fair, that was D1, he did it very early on. He then went with it to save his scum partner due to his power being weaker than the one he saved iirc.

But like I said, it's just anecdotal. The way he's been in this day phase is very towny to me.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I haven't been checking in here. Been busy at work and feeling like crap. Shift is over in a few hours so I'll pop back in for more then.

CS did you transfer yourself into Stu?