Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
They won't do this, but it'd be cool if a Killmonger variant took over lol.
NGL with all the multiversal stuff they could have so much fun where the worlds collide and they are faced with an invasion from a universe where their greatest foes won. Much rather have something of that with a bad guy greatest hits than another central villain.

I've always thought trying to outdo Thanos was too tall an order. Infinity War was such a perfect storm.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have the feeling that Disney will have a hard time recasting a black actor for this role. Yes, Majors is an arrogant abusive piece of garbage, but the optics are that a white woman took this promising young black actor(edit: class act clown) down. I bet many of the actors suggested on this thread think likewise and would turn down the role.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Not sure how accurate but I saw on Twitter that a lot of the Avengers actors are problematic: Brolin, Downey, and Renner.

RDJ's father was a drug addict who started giving him drugs and booze at just six years old, causing a substance addiction for much of his life. It's an incredibly messed up sad story. I guess it's fair to call drug addiction problematic, but I don't think RDJ should be lumped in with people accused of domestic abuse without any context.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Tramell Tillman for Kang

f526ecf49a3e246d3f44428b1d1b8a92ddb26155.gif

I'll take it. Severance was a banger.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned it in another thread, but here's my pitch:

You replace Kang with Loki. Yes, Loki is now a "good guy" but you present a scenario wherein Loki is at odds with the MCU. Set up the idea that the main MCU universe must be destroyed so that the multiverse lives, with Loki assembling all the Fox-verse/Sony-verse heroes and villains to fight the Avengers. Now that Loki is effectively "He Who Remains", he has to make some hard choices and this is one of them.

I think they'll just ultimately recast Kang, but I almost feel like going with Loki as another grand finale for the character, and a way to tie back to the original Avengers, would work.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Do people even care if Marvel recast another actor as Kang? Like people didn't give a shit when that happened to Terrence's Rhodes, lol. Granted the latter is not really a true major character but still.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Do people even care if Marvel recast another actor as Kang? Like people didn't give a shit when that happened to Terrence's Rhodes, lol. Granted the latter is not really a true major character but still.
Less than what people actually think. Recast and don't acknowledge the recast by doing multiverse shit and move on. Same thing they should do for any potential future recasts. Or character revivals.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Given the fact that the character technically is suppose to look like this:
W4L34VTAO5HSNJHG2CL63YOG3A.jpg

I see no reason against recasting and giving the character(s) a swift conclusion in Avengers 5.

Casual audiences barely noticed Thanos' changes but then again he was CG and barely showed up before Avengers 3/4:
Marvel-Thanos-Video-Image.jpg

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Given the fact that the character technically is suppose to look like this:
W4L34VTAO5HSNJHG2CL63YOG3A.jpg

I see no reason against recasting and giving the character(s) a swift conclusion in Avengers 5.
But he looks like that in the MCU.

kang_quantumania.0.jpg

It's a helmet.

He looks like this in the comics:

Kid-Immortus.jpg

He looks how he's supposed to look in the MCU. And with a recast, he'd still look how he's supposed to look.

Neha

Feb 17, 2022
Kang died on the way back to his home planet.

Edit: Oh I see this joke has already been repeated a dozen of times

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I don't get the Boyega hype for Kang. I think Boyega is a good actor, but i don't see him in that role at all.

Ehh, he can do menacing character quite well. The dude did a good job portraying ruthlessness in They Cloned Tyrone.

I would love to see him joining Marvel since I just basically love seeing the dude in anything, but really doubtful this will happen like ever, lol.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
Good. Just recast. We already saw multiple actors playing the same character in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the feeling that Disney will have a hard time recasting a black actor for this role. Yes, Majors is an arrogant abusive piece of garbage, but the optics are that a white woman took this promising young black actor(edit: class act clown) down. I bet many of the actors suggested on this thread think likewise and would turn down the role.
Someone will grab that bag.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017

Good thing in actual reality the optics are: a POS was found guilty of abuse.

Any actor thinking otherwise is probably a dim motherfucker who shouldn't get the role anyway tbh.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I still think Leslie Odom Jr is the right actor for the job but there's some great names here

a8fb105bc2cee9fe41d617dd59ec44179f8ae019.gif

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Antman 3 being buns actually worked out for Marvel in the end. No one is going to remember that movie in a year.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I'm in for the actor that was the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Unhinged, intimidating character. Maybe they could just be explain him as being one of the variants then go from there? His presence on screen in that role was so damn good.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
Just have Dr. Doom blow up the Kang Citadel and become the new big bad.

Nobody gives a fuck about Kang.

EndlessSummer

Mar 21, 2022
I agree with everyone here that they should just move on from Kang. The way they portrayed him wasn't appealing to me.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Good move. Bye bye asshole.

Easiest role to recast for ever. Oh, a Kang variant you say? Sure, why not.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
they're not just moving on from the next avenger level villain - DOOM isn't ready, and a secret war without him also feels rushed.

Time to call Lakeith Stanfield. This role is right up his alley.

this could be such a great call right here - he's in more stuff these days but still feels underused, and not enough roles i see him in challenge the potential i think dude has as well

Feb 16, 2022
Problem with Lakeith Stanfield is that, apparently, he's got some skeletons in his closet, too. At least from what I've seen people saying on this Kang stuff elsewhere.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Just have Dr. Doom blow up the Kang Citadel and become the new big bad.

Nobody gives a fuck about Kang.
Kang is awesome.

The big mistake they did so far for actually making Kang a thing is absolutely, completely ignoring his one big thing - Time travel and manipulation. Yes, there's some time travelling involved in Loki, but never showed Kang actually _do_ something to change shit visibly. It all felt completely coincidental. Ant-Man was even worse in that regard.

And yes, if you exchange "time" with "multiverse", I still stand by this point. Kang needs to fuck shit up actively and massively, and he needs to do it way before Kang Dynasty is even on movie posters. I don't want them to give up on the character in favor of a rushed Doom thing, I'm sure Marvel has a good idea where they wanted to go and I want them to go there.