blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished my rewatch of the series earlier in the week to prep for this. Love the show but still burns that Mike is killed off(I understand it) he is GOAT of the show in the later seasons to me, thank goodness for Better Call Saul.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
If this is happening right after Breaking Bad, shouldn't Jesse have a full head of hair?
These promos aren't a part of the movie. Here's the only on set image that was released a few days ago.

el_camino-_a_breaking_bad_movie_bts_embed.jpg

Nov 11, 2017
Is there a reason nobody thinks he just shaved when on the run? Maybe to look different than he had in the proceeding months/year if people are looking for him?
Yeah I guess that would make sense. It seemed like the scene in the teaser happened that night, but I suppose he could have run home (set image) and shaved or whatever. Or maybe that set image is after a time jump or something.

...Anyway I should stop speculating. If Breaking Bad is anything to go by these guys know what they're doing.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Walt's dead and I want him to stay dead, his story and arc is complete, bringing him back will just be spinning around the same wheel. But not gonna lie, if they somehow tease him being alive at the end of this, either with a slow-panning shot of him in the ICU or some sort of updated news report... I will lose my shit (in a good way).

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I can't believe how hyped I am for t his? When I first head of this I just shrugged it off but now I watched this teaser and I got goose bumps?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Walter is alive at the end . Giving Netflix the greenlight to breaking bad 2 electric Boogaloo

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Wonder where this is going story wise. PArt of me thinks he heads south back to where he did the cook for Gus.

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, Walter White is clearly dead.
But man, I would have loved some more Cranston in the Breaking Bad setting.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Jesse will deal with the trauma of Walter in the only way he knows how

Building a Walter robot

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
God i hate Jessie, i never understood why he got to be a victim, hes a scumbag & i hope he doesn't get a good ending.

I feel like you and I watched two very different shows. I watched a show where Pinkman was a troubled kid from long before he started working with Walt, who turned Jesse from a small time crook into a murderer working for the cartel, who abused and manipulated Jesse at every turn into doing things that he never would have done, or even thought about, on his own, and then ultimately selling him out to literal fucking Nazis as a slave cook.

Sounds like a victim to me.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
I feel like you and I watched two very different shows. I watched a show where Pinkman was a troubled kid from long before he started working with Walt, who turned Jesse from a small time crook into a murderer working for the cartel, who abused and manipulated Jesse at every turn into doing things that he never would have done, or even thought about, on his own, and then ultimately selling him out to literal fucking Nazis as a slave cook.

Jessie IS a victim of Walts semi selfish acts. I know he fools himself into thinking he's doing it to secure his family, but in reality, he just loved the thrill and the rush. And it costed Jessie his life also along with Walts

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Jessie IS a victim of Walts semi selfish acts. I know he fools himself into thinking he's doing it to secure his family, but in reality, he just loved the thrill and the rush. And it costed Jessie his life also along with Walts

Well, yeah. He flat out admits this to Skyler in the finale. "I did it for me. I liked it, I was really good at it, and I was really... I was alive".

He ruined the lives of everyone in his family, Jesse, Jane and her father, and scores of other people because he wanted to be a fucking kingpin. How some people don't get that is beyond me.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
It has been a while since I've watched it. Hope they rehash some of what happened in the finale at the start of this.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they pull an Arkham Knight, with Walt appearing as a sort of imaginary frenemy
honestly I wouldn't like that. Jesse is alone now, and he should remain alone. Only dialogue should be with himself, in his head. I'd be down with showing flashbacks if they want Walt in this, but perhaps moments in BB or scenes that weren't shown on screen that can shed light on or inform previous scenes.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Well, yeah. He flat out admits this to Skyler in the finale. "I did it for me. I liked it, I was really good at it, and I was really... I was alive".

He ruined the lives of everyone in his family, Jesse, Jane and her father, and scores of other people because he wanted to be a fucking kingpin. How some people don't get that is beyond me.
Exactly. He literally says it himself

walts not really the victim. I'm interested to see where they go with Jesse

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Stop trying to make fetch happen.

He couldn't be more not alive.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm half expecting this to end with a very Memento-esque slow fade to black and white as we see it transition into the "flash forward" scenes from Better Call Saul.

Here's hoping it's its own self contained narrative about Jesse on the run and trying to start a new life with Brock.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope they don't do Jesse dirty. He was so thoroughly traumatized by his entire experience with Walt that I enjoyed his "happy" ending of finally escaping.

Hopefully he gets a semi-happy ending.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Last I checked, Jesse is a grown ass man who was already kicked out of his house by his loving, and apparently perfectly normal, parents for his bad behavior and drug dealing. Jesse isn't some helpless victim of Walt's actions. He pushed Walt early on to cook just as much as Walter pushed him once he saw his talent.

Jesse was a selfish little prick, but he was one that at least had a conscience, unlike Walt.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Last I checked, Jesse is a grown ass man who was already kicked out of his house by his loving, and apparently perfectly normal, parents for his bad behavior and drug dealing. Jesse isn't some helpless victim of Walt's actions. He pushed Walt early on to cook just as much as Walter pushed him once he saw his talent.

Jesse was a selfish little prick, but he was one that at least had a conscience, unlike Walt.

You can be a selfish prick and still be a victim. Before the first season is even over Walt is manipulating Jesse into more and more dangerous behavior than Jesse is comfortable with, which he constantly advises Walt against.

Jesse is a kid in his early 20s, who isn't super gifted with common sense, being a rebellious problem child who was pretty obviously shunned by his "loving" parents in favor of his prodigy little brother.

Walt is a fucking ubermensch who is ridiculously gifted in the art of manipulation and deceit, and he absolutely took advantage of Jesse's naivete and desire for some kind of father figure to get Jesse to do unthinkable things he never would have done otherwise. Acting like Pinkman deserved everything that happened to him because "he's a grown ass man" is ridiculously reductive. Smarter, older people take advantage of younger, less experienced people all the time.

Jesse may not have started the show as a victim, but he sure as shit ended up one long before the ending. It was an absolutely abusive relationship in which Walt was the abuser.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You can be a selfish prick and still be a victim. Before the first season is even over Walt is manipulating Jesse into more and more dangerous behavior than Jesse is comfortable with, which he constantly advises Walt against.

Jesse is a kid in his early 20s...

So, not a kid.

who isn't super gifted with common sense, being a rebellious problem child who was pretty obviously shunned by his "loving" parents in favor of his prodigy little brother.

We know this isn't true as his brother tells him all they ever talk about is Jesse.

Walt is a fucking ubermensch who is ridiculously gifted in the art of manipulation and deceit, and he absolutely took advantage of Jesse's naivete and desire for some kind of father figure to get Jesse to do unthinkable things he never would have done otherwise. Acting like Pinkman deserved everything that happened to him because "he's a grown ass man" is ridiculously reductive. Smarter, older people take advantage of younger, less experienced people all the time.

Jesse may not have started the show as a victim, but he sure as shit ended up one long before the ending. It was an absolutely abusive relationship in which Walt was the abuser

Yes, Walter is manipulative. But again, Jesse is a grown ass man. He could've stopped at any point. There was a time where Walt stopped and Jesse kept cooking using his recipe which angered Walt's ego. Who was pressuring Jesse to cook by himself then? Did Jesse "deserve" everything that happened to him? I don't know if that's a word that can ever be used appropriately, does on deserve anything? But, what happened to Jesse was almost entirely his fault and no one else's. At what point does he take responsibility?

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

This might rankle some folks, but people in their early 20s really are still kids. As for Jesse's parents "always talking about him" if you think it's anything other than lamenting what a disappointment he was, I want to sell you my favorite bridge.

And by the time Jesse decided to start cooking for himself, he was so far into that abusive relationship that him continuing to cook was little more than a chance to regain some of his own agency.

I love the idea some of y'all have, though, that while Walt was able to manipulate, deceive and gaslight very intelligent people like Skyler, Hank, Gus et al for years and years it's the young dude who never even went to community college who should have been smart enough to see through Walt's bullshit. I mean, come on LOL. I get that some people don't like the character but this is just stretching the limits of rationality, here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This might rankle some folks, but people in their early 20s really are still kids. As for Jesse's parents "always talking about him" if you think it's anything other than lamenting what a disappointment he was, I want to sell you my favorite bridge.

And by the time Jesse decided to start cooking for himself, he was so far into that abusive relationship that him continuing to cook was little more than a chance to regain some of his own agency.

I love the idea some of y'all have, though, that while Walt was able to manipulate, deceive and gaslight very intelligent people like Skyler, Hank, Gus et al for years and years it's the young dude who never even went to community college who should have been smart enough to see through Walt's bullshit. I mean, come on LOL. I get that some people don't like the character but this is just stretching the limits of rationality, here.

No, I do not subscribe to the idea that Jesse is just play-doh that was just molded to do whatever Evil Walt wanted. Fuck that. He's an adult. He has agency. He has to take responsibility for his own actions. Otherwise, why can't Walt get off the hook some? He had cancer, he had a family he needed to care for, his son is disabled, he's got a baby on the way, he get no respect; can't you say society made Heisenberg just as much as he did? No, we know that's some weak sauce bullshit.

Jesse was just as much responsible for everything they did as much as Walt.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished my rewatch of the series earlier in the week to prep for this. Love the show but still burns that Mike is killed off(I understand it) he is GOAT of the show in the later seasons to me, thank goodness for Better Call Saul.
Thank goodness for How I Met Your Mother bizarrely, that's the whole reason we got Mike in the first place apparently, as Odenkirk wasn't very available.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
No, I do not subscribe to the idea that Jesse is just play-doh that was just molded to do whatever Evil Walt wanted. Fuck that. He's an adult. He has agency. He has to take responsibility for his own actions. Otherwise, why can't Walt get off the hook some? He had cancer, he had a family he needed to care for, his son is disabled, he's got a baby on the way, he get no respect; can't you say society made Heisenberg just as much as he did?

No, we can't do that because Walt made it very, very clear exactly how much money he needed to raise, and he got there by early in the second season. Everything after that was just his greed and ego driving him, and he was the driving force behind it, not Jesse.

In the end he even admits he didn't do it for the money, or for his family. He did it because he liked it, because he was good at it and it made him feel important. He flat out admits that all the "I'm doing this for my family" bullshit was exactly that. Even Walt would tell you your attempt to conflate the two is nonsense.

The way you dismiss the concept of abusive relationships and how they affect people's decision making choices is honestly creepy and frustrating. By your logic any woman who stays with a man after the first time he beats her deserves it if she gets beaten again because hey, she's a GROWN ASS WOMAN who can MAKE HER OWN CHOICES and she needs to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

Sorry, friend, but that's not how abusive relationships work. Walt preyed on Jesse, because he couldn't accomplish what he wanted to without him. He used every trick in the abuser's playbook to keep stringing Jesse along until he was too far in, setting himself up as Jesse's only choice other than death or jail, and now you want to blame Jesse for it. If that's really how you feel, well okay, but I don't see it that way at all and find that attitude just a bit disgusting.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly just want to see the public reaction to Heisenberg's death. A chemist teacher with cancer turned drug dealer who took down Gus/ the neo-nazis group will most likely have some supporters, especially in "these" times XD (obviously BB last took place in 2010 so they cant go too on the nose) .