• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How many years do we give the PES series ?
Getting less relevant with every year even though the quality seems to be up there.

Man i miss the Seabass, PS2 x PES days....Pro Evo was all we played back then. PS360 era really screwed them lol.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I sincerely hope that PES removes any sort of licensing (bar player likeness and attributes) and opens up editing even more than already is. Flags, kits, stadium, chants, entering hymns, everything. Focus on refining the gaming engine, and let the modders do the work. We'd get the football game of the forever.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
I think yes but i'm not sure.

FIFA gained Champions League, Europa League, Serie A/Coppa Italia [Italian League], 4 North African teams.
It so sad, Pro Evolution Soccer was my football series up till 10 then I took but talents over to FIFA. But Pes has the best become a pro mode in Become a legend and the best Career mode in Master League especially using the Pes default Team, with Castolo, Jaric, Dodo, Van den Berg.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Well, Schalke is better anyway. ;P
PES imo is on its way out anyway, so it's no real loss for the Dortmunder.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, what? Are you sure about Serie A?

A local newspaper said it
9492_5b0d918fd57694.17291055.jpg

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Bummer. As an American Football fan, I think all the "haha FIFA is better nobody cares about PES" people should be careful what they wish for...

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine though because no one likes BVB anyways :^)
Disgusting.
We need a wall around Cologne.

Unexpcted move by Borussia Dortmund, why they decided to act this way?
PES lost the CL license and it doesn't look like the IP will actually get healthy again with the current managment at Konami.
Besides, Dortmund made quite a bit of marketing for them and maybe it just wasn't viable enough or they recieved a better offer from EA.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PES is always going to be give and take when it comes to licenses. The batch of licensed leagues they announced last week was nice but they're all relatively minor. I'm still anticipating there to be a rather large caveat to getting some of them in, with the loss of something else (I believe losing even more Italian licenses was rumoured).

I sincerely hope that PES removes any sort of licensing (bar player likeness and attributes) and opens up editing even more than already is. Flags, kits, stadium, chants, entering hymns, everything. Focus on refining the gaming engine, and let the modders do the work. We'd get the football game of the forever.

I agree.

I think the future of this series is to just forget the licenses but become vastly more accommodating to modders, including in game content sharing.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
I love pes, i was die hard fifa since 95 untill fifa15 and i had enough, since then iv been pes and the gameplay is miles ahead of fifa.

Dec 15, 2017
Meh, its still going to have better gameplay than fifa, dont care much about who you can play as or not, just pick a team and go!

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
Every time things like this happen, Konami should double down on making the patching process as feature rich and accessible as possible. PES is head and shoulders above FIFA in gameplay and once you patch it there is no comparison. It will be a sad day for video games is Konami ever give up on it.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Getting less relevant with every year even though the quality seems to be up there.

Man i miss the Seabass, PS2 x PES days....Pro Evo was all we played back then. PS360 era really screwed them lol.

Could see them focusing more on a free to play, MyClub pack focused version in the future like they already have with PES2018Lite

If everything continues to go into the shitter.

Sad because we need competition. Afterall the PESV Fifa competition is what made fifa so good last gen.

Love fifa, but always need competition

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Pes gameplay is miles ahead, but damm those terrible connections, cant play a fair game online, first year i wont buy the gsme since they dont listen to the complaints for years now.

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017

Either until the licenses they still got run out, or until Konami pulls the plug. I'll give it a year or two.
Pretty sure they'll go full free to play, including their FUT copy.

"Dieses Video enthält Content von Bundesliga. Dieser Partner hat das Video in deinem Land aus urheberrechtlichen Gründen gesperrt."

Dude, what? I'm in Germany LOL
Very unfortunate...I just wanted to take a look at it again. :(
That's exactly why you won't see that.
You won't be able to look at videos from the English Bundesliga twitter channel. Serious buisness.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Konami mismanaging an IP, nothing new. I guess PES will become fully free to play in the future.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Every time things like this happen, Konami should double down on making the patching process as feature rich and accessible as possible. PES is head and shoulders above FIFA in gameplay and once you patch it there is no comparison. It will be a sad day for video games is Konami ever give up on it.
Exactly. Scrap the licenses, keep just the ones to players names and likenesses. Then crank up the editing tools to 11: competitions, squads, everything. It'd be the definitive football game

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still shocked at how Konami managed to actually lose 95% of it's entire fanbase in so little time, PES was almost everyones perfect football game and year by year they squandered it,they deserve it to be doing so poorly by how poorly they managed it.

Last edited:

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yis gimme back my stadium in fifa

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I haven't cared about PES since I got into FIFA Pro Clubs, I don't even touch the other modes anymore. Having a team with mates and working your way up the divisions is super fun.