• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
so guys is it worth getting B3 now for PS4 Pro? I have read PS4 Pro is by far super buggy on both settings - performance and resolution. should i just wait until more patches come out?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Playing as Flak: do my chosen passive bonus skills cross over all 3 skill trees and apply as I play, or do they only apply in the colored tree and corresponding pet in that tree while equipped?

Yes all of the passive bonuses on all skill trees relate to whatever pet and ability you pick. The blue tree for FLAK seems to be a lot more pet-focused, the green tree seems to be about health, and the orange seems to be about critical attacks. You are free to build your tree however you please. The more points you put in a tree, the more bonus perks you unlock (evolved pet, special attack perks).

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
so guys is it worth getting B3 now for PS4 Pro? I have read PS4 Pro is by far super buggy on both settings - performance and resolution. should i just wait until more patches come out?

It's certainly playable in performance mode but has its problems, framerate drops, lag in the menus and some stutter. Playable.

Resolution mode is a joke though. Doesn't even hit 30FPS the majority of the time. Unplayable and inexcusable IMO.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
It's certainly playable in performance mode but has its problems, framerate drops, lag in the menus and some stutter. Playable.

Resolution mode is a joke though. Doesn't even hit 30FPS the majority of the time. Unplayable and inexcusable IMO.

I see. Yeah very disappointed with the performance. I know playing through the remasters on Pro came with a lot of bugs - still playable but irritating stuff. I believe the remasters were in UE4 as well. Thank you for the reply.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Athenas is quite annoying. One fast travel at the start and no vehicles whatsoever. It feels like they did this just to pad the game. Then they make side quests that you have to come back and pretty much run through the whole level again.

It's a nice looking level that is poorly designed.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Fl4K in the green and orange skill trees, mostly green though, for solo play. Got the Jabber pet upgrade to the baseball bat move and that's been a ton of fun to synergize with going invisible + skeet shooting enemies my pet lays up for me out of the sky. It also helps that my pet taunts enemies after Fl4K exits stealth mode. So far, the health regen, stacking skill, and standing damage from the green skill tree synergize really well with the stacks bonus and other damaging skills from the orange tree.

Example of what I'm talking about: So I get stacks from shooting enemies as well as killing them, and I do 20-25% more damage standing still. So during bosses, I can pop stealth, stop moving, and break out my x6 atlas rocket launcher for three massively damaging rocket barrages. It's almost OP at this point, and I'm only level 17

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Would you mind sharing your Zane build? I've gone down this route and I've found i pretty effective but looking to optimise it.

Oh he's not really complete neither I'm just level 36 but for now it's mostly 2-3 points for each skills in the digiclone tree except a few like the magazine size one and the rest in the drone skill tree, I'm now focusing on finishing that tree.. And I've also maxed Adrenaline in the shield tree.

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
What do you do with items/weapons that you don't want or are too low level, etc?
Do I just drop them... or is there a way to salvage items?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What do you do with items/weapons that you don't want or are too low level, etc?

Sell sell sell. Need that cash for SDUs baby

Don't go nuts trying to pick up every gun from chests, enemy drops, etc.

Normally I just pick up shields and mods etc since it's easier to manage so I don't go insane trying to compare them - easy money to sell.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden

I'm playing in performance mode (HDR turned on) and I'm mostly having a great time. Of course there are some issues here and there:
  • Framerate nowhere near locked 60fps
  • Some stuttering here and there
  • Menus are slow and cumbersome, especially the inventory screen
  • Looking at dropped loot sometimes makes the game hitch up for a split second (waiting for the popup)
There are also some stuff not tied to PS4 Pro performance, but flat out bugs/annoyances:
  • The map sucks, since everytime you open it, it will focus on the teleportation locations and not your character. It sounds like a minor thing, but it will drive you nuts.
  • No way to switch active quest when looking at the map, so you have to juggle around menus to see what quest objectives are closest to your location. Combine that with the annoyance stated above = rage.
  • The inventory screen is (according to me) very confusing and also cumbersome.
As I said: overall I think it's a great game, but I hope they have a patch in the works. I have only tried resolution mode once, but quickly turned it off since the framerate was nowhere close to what I find acceptable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Any chance they get to take a crap on Tediore guns in this game through dialog or tapes is hilarious. Haha.
Especially with how the actual performance of them in game has been great for me lol. Also yeah the official skill calculator isnt working and the unofficial one is out of date :/

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Jakobs shottys are so good. I'm using this one rn and whew boyo, it decimates any enemy I come across. Combining it with Fade Away is NUTS.

f1u97cw.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The menu stuff in general is by far the worst thing about the launch. It's not an issue that is just on one version of the game but all of them. It's something they should have run into every single time they were playing it and really should have put more effort into fixing as for a game like this you open your menu a lot for skills and comparing loot.

That being said, crunch and deadlines are a thing, and they likely had to meet deadlines and ideally it will be one of the first things they patch. Though I don't have high hopes for the split screen issue being fixed quickly as it would have to be optimized a lot, and it's pretty clear split screen in general didn't get a ton of QA applied to it.

Of things I have seen
If player 1 picks up an echo log while hosting a game with other people online it will play the echo log twice (it doesn't for player 2)
If player 1 is in a menu when player 2 triggers a scene you won't be able to hear anything until player 1 leaves the menu.
if player 1 isn't close enough to a person the echo chat doesn't always start up, so you can have scenes with no voice over and just subtitles.
If player 1 is hosting an online game player 2 can still change the quests, which can be quite confusing.

Like I said, I wouldn't be able to deny that the game needed more polish, but in general the issues are completely tolerable for me and better than I expected.

I haven't actually gotten stuck to many places (I keep getting a car stuck on a ramp in one of the early maps :P) or fallen through anything ect. Which is rare for me in any game with large maps :P

Given how much they have tried to hide the console versions from being reviewed I figured they would be far worse lol.

My boyfriend and I have been playing this with local co-op and we've definitely run into all these issues you mention. We're still having a great time though as we love the series and, while annoying, it hasn't put us off from playing the game. Really hope the fix the menu lag soon, though!

You *can* change the subtitle size, by the way. I think it might be under the accessibility menu option. We made it a lot bigger and can see it just fine.

Oct 27, 2017
My boyfriend and I have been playing this with local co-op and we've definitely run into all these issues you mention. We're still having a great time though as we love the series and, while annoying, it hasn't put us off from playing the game. Really hope the fix the menu lag soon, though!

You *can* change the subtitle size, by the way. I think it might be under the accessibility menu option. We made it a lot bigger and can see it just fine.
Yeah, I changed the font size on the subtitles, made a huge difference

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Keep it in Performance mode and you'll only encounter the occasional minor issues with the menus hitching up or weapon descriptions not popping properly. I've only had one issue do far that was bad enough to make me drop out, reboot, and drop back into the game we were playing. It's smooth, it handles well, and it's definitely still a fun game that you'll enjoy - nothing is bad enough to pull you out of the immersion and mayhem if that's what you're worried about!

Resolution mode, though.... yeesh it's choppy!

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Jakobs shottys are so good. I'm using this one rn and whew boyo, it decimates any enemy I come across. Combining it with Fade Away is NUTS.

f1u97cw.jpg
Dahl Sniper Rifles have been good too. You need sniper ammo SDUs, but the one I'm using has full auto and a red dot sight and then semi auto with a long range sight. At full auto it's like having an assault rifle with sniper stopping power. It's nuts.

I have an Atlas AR that is really good also.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm so bad at builds and this is the first borderlands I play for more than 3 hours, I keep resetting and trying other things.

Does anyone know a good solo Amara build that I can follow? I've been looking online but it seems like everyone is doing something different

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so bad at builds and this is the first borderlands I play for more than 3 hours, I keep resetting and trying other things.

Does anyone know a good solo Amara build that I can follow? I've been looking online but it seems like everyone do something different
Try the green skill tree, thats the one im playing with and im having fun

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Playing this and Gears 5 at the same time atm, both are great fun even though very different.
Wanting more defensive options in BL3 though most of the time im just sitting and tanking hits then when i get low i scurry and run around to open things up and get some health.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've found maybe 10 legendary weapons so far... and they all kinda suck.

An SMG that shoots projectiles and creates clouds of gas (Cloudfire, I think). Kills slower than my normal guns.
An SMG that shots a 4 round burst of like 5 shots at once (like a shotgun)... consumes 2 ammo per shot (fucking hate this, it's everywhere in this game). Burns through 45 ammo with just 4 shots and hardly anything to show for it in terms of reliable damage.
A rocket launcher that shoots 4 slow moving blobs in a horizontal line. Meh?
A rocket launcher (jericho something) that seemed completely fucking useless.
A sniper rifle that shot 3 rounds that penetrated enemies... did fuck all other than burn through ammo.
A pistol that shoots very slow projectiles that, when stuck on an enemy, explodes 3 times. Ok I guess, but hard to use in most fights with enemies that are moving.
Some others I don't remember and just sold immediately after a bit of testing...

Did find some nice grenades though. Moxy's legendary grenade is actually quite good, and found another legendary grenade called firestorm. That's also alright. Especially killing those shielded guys.

So far... pretty disappointed.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Playing this and Gears 5 at the same time atm, both are great fun even though very different.
Wanting more defensive options in BL3 though most of the time im just sitting and tanking hits then when i get low i scurry and run around to open things up and get some health.
Lol same here, my wife and i are playing some gears 5 campaign then bl3

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might not be a fan of the story in this game. But by god the weapons and itemization are fucking amazing. Shit on every other shlooter from a great height, gonna be hard as fuck to play destiny 2 when the expansion drops

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
So I've found maybe 10 legendary weapons so far... and they all kinda suck.

An SMG that shoots projectiles and creates clouds of gas (Cloudfire, I think). Kills slower than my normal guns.
An SMG that shots a 4 round burst of like 5 shots at once (like a shotgun)... consumes 2 ammo per shot (fucking hate this, it's everywhere in this game). Burns through 45 ammo with just 4 shots and hardly anything to show for it in terms of reliable damage.
A rocket launcher that shoots 4 slow moving blobs in a horizontal line. Meh?
A rocket launcher (jericho something) that seemed completely fucking useless.
A sniper rifle that shot 3 rounds that penetrated enemies... did fuck all other than burn through ammo.
A pistol that shoots very slow projectiles that, when stuck on an enemy, explodes 3 times. Ok I guess, but hard to use in most fights with enemies that are moving.
Some others I don't remember and just sold immediately after a bit of testing...

Did find some nice grenades though. Moxy's legendary grenade is actually quite good, and found another legendary grenade called firestorm. That's also alright. Especially killing those shielded guys.

So far... pretty disappointed.
I agree. I've been disappointed with the oranges so far. I've had 2 that I liked. The Handsome Jackhammer SMG, and an Incendiary grenade called the (something I can't remember ) Epic-center it explodes and shots fire balls out in all directions. If you hit an enemy directly it does some insane damage. You get damage from the hit and damage from all 8 or 9 fire balls it creates. Both of those I got out of the gold key chest.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

f1u97cw.jpg
Tbh Jacobs in general is just way better than any other manufacturer on first playthrough because elements aren't that necessary.

Especially when they have +weapon damage. When you have a lvl 16 pistol with +54% weapon damage it's better than most lvl 20 weapons from other manufacturers. The One Pump Chump legendary (which is lvl 13) carried me all the way to lvl 22 where I finally found something that dealt more damage lol.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I haven't gotten shit out of that yet. Though I don't like to use it. I prefer to get guns out in the wild.

Had a longrider shotgun that I used from level 12 to 20 because it was so good. Really want another one of those. It's like a sniper... shotgun. So good.
I spend a key every 5 levels, so I always have at least 1 gun I can depend on or a decent shield. I've gotten 3 oranges from the chest so far. The SMG, a grenade, and a shield that when it's full my guns fire a shot that depletes half of it, but adds the damage to my shot and returns health. Unfortunately I'm playing as Fl4k so my Health and Health regen is already off the charts by level 25 compared to the people I'm playing with so that doesn't help me much.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Does anyone know a good solo Amara build that I can follow? I've been looking online but it seems like everyone is doing something different
The most popular build is definetly the Melee tree with Amara. But you need some gear with + melee damage on it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just sell them at a vending machine. Selling useless Rocket Launchers and other white and green junk for 500 bucks is the best source of income early in the game. And you need money. A lot.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
The moment to moment gameplay is great fun but in terms of map, minimap and quests management this is one of the worst AAA that I played in ages. A lot of work on UX and QoL is needed there.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The moment to moment gameplay is great fun but in terms of map, minimap and quests management this is one of the worst AAA that I played in ages. A lot of work on UX and QoL is needed there.
Trying to sell stuff is beyond annoying and so is following waypoints on the map. I gotta open the map so many times to see If I'm even taking the correct path because the waypoints don't seem to account for that.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Not all legendaries are supposed to be good. It's a balancing thing to be more like BL1 so drop rates can be boosted

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but how do you farm a boss? Do they respawn? Can I re-fight the final boss for example?

You kill the boss, then quit out to the main menu of the game, then press continue. When you load back in, you'll be at the last spawnpoint you activated when you left the game, and everything will have respawned

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas

In the inventory, there should be a key to mark an item as trash/favorite (I think it's R on keyboard?). First press marks it as trash, second as favorite. If you hit a vending machine, there's a prompt to sell all trash in your inventory that I've found helps save a lot of time.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The HDR is something else in this game. Just arrived on the second planet and WOW. It blows me away. So bright and so colorful. I switched to SDR for a minute to see the difference...it looks so dull without HDR.

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone (on any PC) getting left movement drift on their left stick using Xbox pads? I'd usually assume it's just my pad but my wife is getting the exact same on hers. Not experienced it before with this pad (Elite) either.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Yes all of the passive bonuses on all skill trees relate to whatever pet and ability you pick. The blue tree for FLAK seems to be a lot more pet-focused, the green tree seems to be about health, and the orange seems to be about critical attacks. You are free to build your tree however you please. The more points you put in a tree, the more bonus perks you unlock (evolved pet, special attack perks).

Thx. Gonna try for some burning Rackk attacks then. Was focusing on Fade Away action skill and thought I always had to keep the monkey equipped as my pet.