• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Update: One of the videos released

Press conference was also garbage, as they didn't answer any questions after they gave us their bs statement.

Update:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mil...ing-brown-incident-just-2-days-184312578.html
With a startling lack of self-awareness, the Milwaukee Police Department has issued a two-day suspension for the officer whose actions first escalated the incident involving Milwaukee Bucks rookie Sterling Brown outside a Walgreens this past January, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The department also suspended a pair of supervisors who arrived on the scene for 10 and 15 days, and more officers received warnings, the report said. Milwaukee police did not name any of the officers in question, but the Journal Sentinel identified the officer first on scene as Joseph Grams.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-brown-police-video/?utm_term=.9e95c9b7090b

Milwaukee's mayor is warning residents that police body-camera video of the arrest of Milwaukee Bucks rookie Sterling Brown is "disconcerting" and "disturbing," as the city prepares for a potential backlash. Brown, 23, was tased during a routine parking matter in January; video of the incident is expected to be released Wednesday.

Brown reportedly will file a civil rights lawsuit over the episode, which has been the subject of an internal investigation by the Milwaukee Police Department. Mayor Tom Barrett issued a warning about the video during a news conference Monday, saying that he was "going to let the release" of the video "speak for itself."
The 6-foot-6 shooting guard was arrested around 2 a.m. on Jan. 26, when an officer doing a business check at a Walgreens spotted a vehicle parked across two parking spots reserved for disabled drivers, Milwaukee police Sgt. Timothy Gauerke told the Journal Sentinel. Brown was initially arrested on a possible misdemeanor charge of resisting or obstructing an officer, but police officials did not refer the case to prosecutors after an internal review that included viewing the body camera footage. A police spokesman told the Journal Sentinel at the time that Brown, then 22, had been cited for a parking violation. Speaking with reporters before the Bucks' game later Jan. 26, Brown's face appeared bruised and scratched, according to the paper, with Brown calling it "a personal issue."
The city is now bracing for the community's reaction to the video.

"This could be bad," an unnamed source who saw the video told the Journal Sentinel earlier this week. "The player doesn't appear to be provocative at all."
The Milwaukee police released a "Message to the Community" video Tuesday, showcasing the department's work in the community.

"In those instances where we have made mistakes and are wrong, I'm sorry," Police Chief Alfonso Morales, who took over the department in February, said in that video. He went on to say that he would "defend our officers when they are right and will admit when members of our organization are wrong. So if there's ever an incident where one of our members makes a mistake, unnecessarily escalating a situation, I'm going to be honest and transparent about it."

For those unfamiliar with this ongoing development, the PD has been going out into the community, and selectively speaking to certain churches, community centers, and other places in anticipation of what will be an uproar to what they see in the video that resulted in Sterling Brown getting handled, then tazed by police officers.

Will update op once the video is released to the public, but from all of the preparation in advance, and all of the concrete and clear statements from the city and the police, this could get really, really bad.

Update:

It's official. He's suing. I want him to get paid but at the same time this will probably just come out of an insurance fund so there's no incentive to change. Still, maybe he'll do some good with the money or just blow it on shoes and wear a new pair in front of the police station every day.

Don't forget these highlights,

Officer's Facebook posts

Tuesday's lawsuit singles out Officer Erik Andrade, one of the responding officers -- not so much for his actions during the arrest, but for his social media posts after the incident.
Some of those posts mocked Brown, according to the lawsuit:
  • "Nice meeting Sterling Brown of the Milwaukee Bucks at work this morning! LOL #FeartheDeer," Andrade wrote on Facebook, referencing the Bucks' rallying cry.
  • Responding to a shared story about Brown's arrest -- which tagged Andrade and said, "let the man get his early morning craving of popcorn" -- Andrade responded with a laughing emoji.
  • In response to another post from someone saying they wanted Andrade's autograph because Andrade was featured in a YouTube video of Brown's arrest, Andrade responded, "I didn't arrest him lol."
  • Andrade also shared a post showing three pictures of black men, including Brown, that said, "Yes, whenever something happens it's always a epidemic of racism, police brutality or whatever lies these failed liberal hand picked so-called liberal black leaders come up with." Above the post, Andrade wrote, "A little truth to those who wanna listen."
  • After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, during which the Cleveland Cavaliers' J.R. Smith committed a gaffe by letting the time run out when the game was tied, Andrade posted on Facebook, "I hope JR Smith double parks in Walgreens handicap parking spots when he's in Milwaukee."

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Police need to be held accountable for this kind of shit. No paid vacations until it all blows over, no Blue Lives Matter bullshit rhetoric, none of it. Fire their asses, fine them, and charge them appropriately.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How about being honest and transparent by holding the officers accountable?

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'm honestly just relieved when they don't kill a suspect.

The expectation shouldn't be that low.

It's amazing to me that the Rodney King beating ignited an entire city yet we are now so desensitized that multiple murders by the police barely elicit a few angry tweets

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so they've had this footage since Jan. and are only just now releasing it when forced to?

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
People react to the lack of justice and lack of accountability within the law enforcement.

The admission of guilt means nothing without action taken to correct the wrong that occurred.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so they've had this footage since Jan. and are only just now releasing it when forced to?
It would appear all the immediate people involved, which surprisingly, includes the Bucks ownership, have all viewed the video, and have said the exact same thing.

I remember reading that the initial video they released didn't show much, but once they watched the video as a whole, it was clear what had actually happened, and the repercussions that would follow from releasing the full video.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
If part of that "bracing" doesn't include firing and charging all involved, then they clearly don't care about the safety of the public, just public perception.
As they are cops and law enforcement is corrupt, I doubt either of those things will happen.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Dude was provoking him with his blackness.

Here comes some PTO for the officer now, then he'll get to come back just like the rest of them once they find him clear of any wrong doing... Just doing his job like he should be.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Police is this country are dangerous gang of lunatics and before someone says hyperbole in my area 4 officers gang raped a little girl.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Fuck the police, a pack of power tripping thugs that make you nervous and uneasy for just existing.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know when you apologize, you are suppose to make amends and promise it wont happen again.... Given Milwakees history with police brutality, I doubt they will take those steps.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Had he been a league wash out, they could've beaten him half to death and there would be people saying he deserved it for a traffic ticket.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They been talking about it for the last few days, just release it. You only pearl clutching because you won't do anything

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
Wait wait wait. The police department didn't refer the case to prosecutors due to the contents of the body cam footage?

Wow, they know it's bad.

PorkandBeans

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any ETA on when it'll drop today?

I always fantasize about wailing on people that park across two spots but actually doing it? C'mon...

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
What the hell is even the point of body cams?

When they kill someone it happens to be off.

And when they do anything else they can sit on the videos until they are forced to release them...

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
There absolutely needs to be disciplinary action taken in these cases. What is the point of having body cameras and reviewing arrests if we aren't going to hold officers accountable for their misdeeds? They aren't above the law and publicly shaming them is not enough when people are losing their lives over this.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Cops will never hold other cops responsible. Ever.

It's just simply not going to happen.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Is a 6'6" black dude 8 or 9 feet when you do the conversion for "I was afraid for my life"?

What happened has to be pretty bad for the amount of local work they have been doing to calm rage before release.

We can also quite clearly say he was an asshole for double parking in two disabled spaces while at the same time, and confirming when the tape is released, that he didn't deserve what happened.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Early reports is that the video will be out at 6PM EST.

Also, here's the video from the Milwaukee police chief "I'm sorry", video for those interested.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some psycho cops assault a person over a parkimg violation and it's the public that needs to calm down.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
So this video may release on the same day as the NFL reveals its national anthem policy.......

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So this video may release on the same day as the NFL reveals its national anthem policy.......
I mean, this could always change I guess.

The PD have yet to confirm the release time themselves, and all the release times are just from reporters right now.

I think they might be trying to avoid major protests, but now that this has happened today, not sure if they might want to change the date or not to avoid even greater protests in tandem with the NFL garbage policy.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Why is the release of this video being treated like a movie trailer reveal?

All of the hype and hysteria is just going to make the reaction worse when it finally drops.