• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of Deadline:
Better Call Saul star Bob Odenkirk, whose performance in Fox's The Post has been well-received, is teaming with STXfilms and the producers behind Atomic Blonde and the John Wick films to develop, produce, and star in the action thriller Nobody. In what has become something of a signature for Odenkirk, well-known his role as Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill, the actor will play everyday man who gets pushed past his limits.

The story follows a man who comes to the defense of a woman being harassed by thugs, only to learn later that one of the men he put in the hospital is the brother of a drug kingpin, now out for vengeance.

John Wick scribe Derek Kolstad is attached to pen the screenplay. Odenkirk will produce the project with Marc Provissiero, as well as Wind River and Hell or High Water EP Braden Aftergood.
Kind of an odd choice, but hey, he's built his career on odd choices.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I mean he's funny but the dude is also just an amazing actor. He has, like many actors, a pretty versatile face. If Bruce Willis could play John McClane then I'm sure Bob Odenkirk can find an action niche.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is more like John Wick rather than Atomic Blonde which was garbage. And it's very, very rare I call a film that word. The last time was probably that Dylan Dog movie or some shit.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's got the chops.

I hope he bulks up for the role. It'd be hilarious to see.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
giphy.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Well, if Hollywood can make the dad from Malcolm in the Middle a smash actor, why not Bob?

Yes, I know Cranston had that Bad rub.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I can definitely see him fitting the role of a "Nobody" who becomes an action hero somehow in a possibly magooish type situation.

Looking forward to it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it'll end up being too action oriented even with some of the producers involved. Can see it going into a Falling Down/ Breaking Bad sort of thing.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Can't believe the second wind this dude's career has gotten. I remember feeling bad David Cross was starring in so much stuff while Bob's writing/directing work was being panned or ignored.
You can tell that anger came from a real place.
Mr Show commentaries are packed with angry Bob stories. Guy was so stressed he got a mouth full of sores.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can totally picture this. I've loved Bob since the Mr. Show days. I'm so thrilled to see him doing well.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're looking for a strong action background, I can tell you he doesn't have experience in that domain. But what he does have are a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like Bruce Willis.

I'd watch it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the main difference being that instead of being directed by one of the greatest living filmmakers, it's being directed by the guy who made Hardcore Henry lol
Harcore Henry is not great but it is extremely inventive in terms of action ideas and pacing and if he can do similar things without the repetitive gimmick I'm pretty interested tbh.