• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most obviously staged video I've seen in years. All participants are acting.

Edit: badly.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Definitely staged, but the worker ducking behind the counter and reappearing as the manager had me cracking up.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
People will believe anything.

I am convinced that the vast majority of this shit is staged and fake but if it fits your narrative or beliefs a lot of people don't give a shit.

I'm not going to argue about whether this specifically is fake or not, but the bar is so low for service industry consumers it feels like a none issue. A woman picked a fight with my manager this week because she wanted to use a merchandise credit but lost it, and drove an hour out of the way to get to us. A merchandise credit she had received back in 2016. And upon researching we found out she'd already used in 2017.

Saying customers are dumb as shit is offensive to shit.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely staged, but the worker ducking behind the counter and reappearing as the manager had me cracking up.
HappygoluckyLonelyFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly staged since it's recorded but my boss did a 360 to someone who asked to speak to a manager once.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
This is something my wife would show me. "Omg watch this!"
In my mind: "Be nice and just laugh. No! Be your cynical self and ruin it for her."

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Knew it was fake the moment the whole manager no swap...swap happened.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Cut the first few seconds and the part right after she throws whatever was on the counter and maybe it could've been believable.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Knew it was fake the moment the whole manager no swap...swap happened.
It's the only reason why a thread on the video exists because there are actually so many fucking people like this (talking about the customer) that anyone working in retail is used to it by now. Which is why I want this video to be real.

Oct 28, 2017
The manager fakeout to me is so funny. I used to work a call centre where I was managing generic incoming support calls and if the customer ever bitched about wanting to speak to a supervisor, it'd go in a specific queue to get handled. Sometimes supervisors were too busy so I got roped in to handle some calls on that queue. Ended up speaking to so many people who were escalations made by me, and they would treat me with respect and actually listen, me reiterating the same points I'd made 3 days earlier that we couldn't do this or couldn't do that.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Believing whatever you see on the internet has also helped lead to the shitshow we are in now

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I'll admit that one got me coz I thought the Karen did a pretty good job although even for a Karen, coming into a place and being like let me rent a yacht sounds far fetched.

Oct 27, 2017
So many obviously fake viral vids that don't get the same amount of #fake accusations that this has. It didn't come off as fake to me.