• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
The are only 2 games that could make me get ps5 day1 demon's souls remake or horizon 2.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to gauge what is going on here, but between Elden Ring, and a potential DeS remaster/remake my heart is about to pop. BB2 MIGHT be being worked on given Miyazaki has worked on 2 titles simultaneously for the past few years (BB/DS3, DS3/Sekiro, Sekiro/Elden Ring, Elden Ring/???).

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon God must be a proper fight now instead of that garbage we got.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Damn so hype for DeS
Remember them saying they were going way beyond of what a remake would be. ie "adding ton of new content"

...Ok playing OST rn!

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony exclusive confirmed.
giphy.gif

this can only mean one thing.

Oct 25, 2017
So pretty much Ps5 exclusive.

Really, if it's not demons souls, I struggle to think what else they could be doing.

Legend of dragoon is a fucking long shot.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
never played the first, but not a fan of the Souls type games. But who knows if this looks awesome I will dive in

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Bb2 would have to be a game made by from. A company to which they do not own.

Yes, a different company could make Bb2, but it would needs froms blessing and I doubt there is any dev out there that could do it properly.
Probably not.
They dont need From's blessing at all to do it if they want to

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How many times Jason have to confirm it's DeS before some people start believing lol.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
the only souls game i liked was Bloodborne, I didnt get a chance to play Demon souls but by watching videos the combat is too slow . hope its not demon souls tbh

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The way they are hyping this up, especially saying it is a re-imagining... I wonder what kind of changes they are doing?

It seems to be a proper remake. Demons Souls is pretty dated nowadays animation wise for example. I bet they are changing a lot of thing otherwise the game would be really weird for modern Souls fans, with all the QOL changes made by the sequels.

Maybe faster combat? Totally new animations? New mechanics? Expanding levels? Ray tracing? New models for every enemy? New animation system for the bosses (I remember tower knight moving really awkardly lmao)?

I am so excited about it

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Jason is literally in this thread Lol Come on people.

But yes, it's been known for awhile it's a remake of Demon's Souls. Sony of course owns DS, so I'm more curious how this came about rather than Bloodborne 2.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are made with Japan Studio and From Software. This remake absolutely has FS involved in someway, and of course Japan Studio.

Remaking something requires far less involvement than a brand new game and can be entrusted to a trustworthy outside studio.

Sony knows how anal Souls fans can be. If they fund a BB2 it will need to be by FromSoft/Miyazaki.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Umbasa! I still remember when Father Gascoigne originally said Umbasa, but they removed it from the Alpha build.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Sony should get Platinum to make a Bloodborne sequel.

Why? We want the game to be good.

Platinum games may have the game play down, but the rest tends to be pretty lackluster. From Software games may not be technical marvels or action spectacles, but the lore, world building, system mechanics and overall level of design are just something Platinum hasn't shown me they are capable of yet.

IMO, if Sony really wanted to do Bloodborne II or Demon's Souls II without From, it's either Bluepoint (provided they nail it) or an internal team combined with Japan Studios that isn't built yet.

Platinum just isn't a good fit for what Souls is.