• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

For what it's worth in this thread Jason Schreier simply answered 'Yes', which might also show that this really is a Demon Souls remake:

Further evidence on this game being Demon Souls:
Jason and Imran both voted for Demon Souls in this poll regarding what Bluepoint is working on:
(credit to Ryuji)

Believe in Demon Souls:
DMB-SSq1SfaoXxSov9AvGg.png

via SegmentNext

Lovely!

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Shadow of the Colossus flying boss feat. Demon's Manta Ray Stormruler boss-re-imagine = Shadow of the Demon's

Oct 25, 2017
I'm warming up to the idea of DS remake. What if From follows it up with Demons Souls 2 instead of Bloodborne 2?
I actually like the idea of Demon's Souls 2 more than Bloodborne 2, story-wise, for some reason.

As far as gameplay goes, though, I'd rather get another go at trick weapons. Dark Souls gives me all of my Demon's Souls gameplay needs, except for magic which I still find more fun in Demon's, but nothing stops them from just making it better in Elden Ring or whatever.

Nov 9, 2017
MGS1 hasn't been PS1 exclusive in nearly two decades. It was ported to PC in late 2000.

I know. But who played it? It was a terrible port. And maybe the argument could be made for MGS:TTS - but that was Gamecube only.

Meaning.....85%? 80%? of people who play games today, in 2019 almost 2020, probably have never played Metal Gear Solid.

EDIT: I did play MGS Intergral on the PC for the record (and it was awful).

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
Everybody seems to think this is Demon's Souls, but I wouldn't be so sure, and I will tell you why.

In a job listing, Bluepoint Games mentioned they would be working on the most advanced home consoles, as in plural. If this statement is true, then their game is not exclusive to the PS5 and would likely be on Xbox Scarlett as well. Demon's Souls is owned by Sony.

Now there is an off chance that they could be referring to the PS4 and PS5, but the PS4 by that point would not be the "most advanced console".

With that said, I would be more than happy with Demon's Souls as I never finished the original after I bought it on launch day. One of the only games i regret not finishing.

EDIT: Considering Sony is involved somehow withBluepoint announcing it, maybe it is Demon's SOuls afterall. I was thinking it could possibly be Castelvania, but idk anymore. Bluepoint is confusing.
3ZtjGET.png

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Demons Souls heavily disappoints me. Yes, It deserves a larger audience, and I's be fine with a remaster, however, if they are going in the remake route, I feel like a PS1 or PS2 title would be more deserving. A PS3 game just seems too recent, not to mention a Souls game not by FROM feels wrong.. Imagine a Soul Reaver, MGS, or SOCOM remake. My dream scenario would be a remaster for PS4 and PS5, with the PS5 being ready for launch and with ray tracing, and then a remake in 2021.
Yeah, I think Demon Souls would already be fine with a standard remaster like the one for Dark Souls.

Oct 25, 2017
Carrying everything imaginable is dumb. I'd accept items warping to Thomas though
i like Thomas.
Hm, the Bloodborne/Sekiro approach isn't a bad idea at all. It's a good compromise between the item load preventing you from picking up shit and still having a system implemented to "force" new players to talk to Thomas.

I like it.

Oct 27, 2017
Teasing a project like this always a little risky.
Everyone gets their imaginations running wild. Eventually reality will hit a won't please everyone.

You've got to have confidence that the people who are happy are louder than people who are disappointed.

Good luck. Loved the Shadow of Colossus remake, even if I haven't finished it yet.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
One of the big reason why Demon Souls exist is because Miyazaki loved Team Ico's works alot, they inspired him.

This remake should be Demon's Souls.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Demon's Souls is a proper title to go back to. I don't want it in spite of other titles though. Why not both?

Bring back Ape Escape, Socom, and I'd really like a JRPG out of Sony upcoming gen. I don't see why we want Bluepoint to tackle projects like that though, they should continue to do what inspires them, that's the only game I want from BP.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I want this to be Demon's Souls sooo bad but the more I think about it the more I think it probably isn't. I dunno, it just doesn't feel like the sort of game that Sony would greenlight being remade.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Am I the only person who hopes its not Demons Souls?

I am speaking for myself, but we have Dark Souls 1&3 and Bloodborne now which are better than Demons Souls. Shoot me

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do you still believe?

LotD Remake/2 on PS5 would be glorious. Pray with me....

Umbasa

I absolutely do.

Even if everything seems to be pointing at DeS, i think they might have started working on LoD in parallel and will shift to that after DeS is released.

Like, there's no way they won't hit LoD soon or later.

And an AAA JRPG remake by a western studio is such an appealing concept by itself.