• Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early development? Didn't they say that teaser wasn't the real game? Now it is an actual game? I don't get It...
Yeah they said the trailer was fake 'cause "Sony wanted something quickly". This is nonsense, the trailer and the blog post dropped on a random day, out of nowhere. There is absolutely no need for them to create said trailer in such a manner (even slapping on it a 2021 release date, lol). All recent findings lead me to believe that Hasan isn't developing a game. After all this time we don't know shit about "Abandoned", not even the real name of the game. The ONLY man that we know of that's "working" on this "game" is Hasan. And it looks like the guy behind the BLUE BOX twitter doesn't have anything to do with Hasan's "game" and is constantly contradicting whatever bullshit Hasan says.

And with all the recent info we have about this debacle people are still talking like they're working on a game.
Anyway, no need to close the thread, we better off having one big thread about this absolute shitshow than having new ones open up when the "trailer app" is up.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ok, it seems that Hasan created that first trailer of Abandoend like that because Sony wanted something quick, so they didn't had much time.

This is absolutely a scam at this point. Why would Sony care about some random indie announcing their game, not like they didnt have a bunch of other games coming and were in a dire need for content to the point that they would settle for a no name indie to announce their game. What a bunch of nonsense.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Actually I remember the discussion about the game when they released the trailer it was not this level just few people said it Kojima or SH and that's it and Geoff commented in the next few hours like before even the story became that big. I find it suspicious myself especially how Hasan is ghosting him that's unheard of tbh.

This is one of the things that's the most egregious to me is the whole Geoff thing. I'm repeating myself here but you really gonna hit up one of the biggest marketing dudes in the industry for some short term exposure just to ghost him within the day? Obviously Geoff isn't hurt professionally by any of this he'll be fine, but he took the time to entertain this clown and potentially give him a boosted platform and Hasan just up and disappears while taking the time to respond to randos on twitter, PSN, and instagram. Hell I could probably secure an interview with him at this point :P

I just don't get the thinking behind "I've got some pics will you help me share them?" followed by "Uh actually can we do it Saturday?" like he's rescheduling an appointment. Sus af.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
IMO they aren't English as a first language, and use some odd terms that are easy to misconstrue. The app sounds like it's a demo, the trailer not being the game sounds like they're trying to say it will look a lot better / improved.

In general, we Dutch people speak and read decent English. Also, him being a developer would imply that he is quite familiar with the language since basically everything development related is in English :P

That said, I'm back on Fork 1 of my own two theories.

also posted this on Reddit but this is where I am at at the moment:

This story only has two 'forks' in my opinion:

Fork1: "Hasan Karaman" is real, somehow against all odds (no relevant experience/portfolio/history) is able to work out a deal with Sony and will release a game. He also used the Kojima-Hypetrain to gain interest. The game might be worthwile, it might be shovelware. All 'proof' that we can find indicates he is very amateurish -at best- , because if he is real, and Sony is working with him, I really really wonder if some people did their due dilligence.

Fork2: "Hasan Karaman" is part of a big marketing ploy run/created by Kojima and Sony and with knowledge by some industry figures like Keighley. 'Hasan' could just be one of few marketing guys in the background. Given Kojima's antics with Moby Dick; this isnt that far fetched, but it would be quite insane given the amount of years it has been in the working.

The Fork you want to believe the most depends on either your lack of faith in Sony and industry-people (because they seem to be happy to be working with this guy), or your abundance of faith in Kojima's thinking / way of doing these things.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Regardless if this ends up big Silent Hill or not, Sony/Lonami/Kojima now know how much hype has been built for the wait of the series to be reintroduced so when they will really reveal it in an official way, they better not mess it up.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just here to see the really obvious ticking bomb explode.

This dude (team?) really fucked up trying to embrace this. It will only lead to very nasty things.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless if this ends up big Silent Hill or not, Sony/Lonami/Kojima now know how much hype has been built for the wait of the series to be reintroduced so when they will really reveal it in an official way, they better not mess it up.

I'm skeptical Konami cares at all about funding or licensing another SH game. You'll take your SH skateboard and you'll like it.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
While I'm really enjoying all of this, if it was a real SH/Kojima/Something else ARG, I would expect it to be a lot less chaotic in the communication. The BBGS Twitter account has been going in a lot of directions, answering it's not Silent Hills, that a live event will happen soon, that the app is delayed for localization issues. If something proper was planned for a long time, we wouldn't see something so unorganized like this. They would have dropped the app silently with well hidden clues in there and the BBGS Twitter account would have said nothing.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Edit: Nevermind the youtube account is fake

After watching this teaser video, I'm convinced this has something to do with Kojima.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The goal for P.T was to make it look amateurish, but it was too high-quality.

Now with this teaser it's like some skilled individuals wanted to make this look amateurish. Like the obviously out of place bad font.

The audio, both music and effects have the same style as P.T.

That or someone managed to emulate Silent Hills' marketing campaign.

Last edited:

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
After watching this teaser video, I'm convinced this has something to do with Kojima.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The goal for P.T was to make it look amateurish, but it was too high-quality.

Now with this teaser it's like some skilled individuals wanted to make this look amateurish. Like the obviously out of place bad font.

The audio, both music and effects have the same style as P.T.

That or someone managed to emulate Silent Hills' marketing campaign.

That account is fake.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm skeptical Konami cares at all about funding or licensing another SH game. You'll take your SH skateboard and you'll like it.
on the other hand, it would be pretty hilarious if Konami will see this and decide to not only make a Silent Hill game, but end up revealing it in a similar ARG, albeit with far more obvious clues to it, if anything the whole bluebox thing shows how effective such ARG campaigns are these days.

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
I hope all this doesn't turn into harassment towards Hasan or the team in case the conspiracy theories aren't real. Remember we are just having fun, they don't owe us anything, even if they used the confusion for marketing, they are just a small team with a game that will probably flop. Be respectful and laugh it out.

gnysek

Apr 22, 2021
Either it it will be worst game since Black Tiger, or Kojima indeed hired Hasan in Kojima Productions and their used his old prototypes and his old (probably one-man) company to promote new game and are eating popcorn having fun looking at us. I believe that Blue Box and all that prototypes including kickstarter are real, and even that Abandoned prototype could be real, but everything was created before they started whole conspiracy action, and now is just used to trick us, and Hasan just uses his old work when he was learning gamedev, which he is ashamed of today.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I hope all this doesn't turn into harassment towards Hasan or the team in case the conspiracy theories aren't real. Remember we are just having fun, they don't owe us anything, even if they used the confusion for marketing, they are just a small team with a game that will probably flop. Be respectful and laugh it out.

Hopefully most of Era knows better, but there absolutely will be harrassment if so. It's just on brand for gamers.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad that I'm not easily hyped like I used to be. Reviving a conspiracy that was proving wrong months ago only for it to probably be refuted again. My condolences to the believers.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Ok, it seems that Hasan created that first trailer of Abandoend like that because Sony wanted something quick, so they didn't had much time.

So he basically just admitted he's lied to Sony by showing a fake game that he quickly threw together and somehow we are at a point where that video got over 1 million views of people thinking that's the actual game.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. It wouldn't surprise me if he just repackages his previous game with a few changes to make a quick buck and we'll still have people that will buy that game claiming it's PT 2.0.

It's probably in Sony's best interest at this point to take the trailer and blog post offline like they did with another asset flip game a few weeks ago and pretend it never happened.

Last edited:

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
So he basically just admitted he's lied to Sony by showing a fake game that he quickly threw together and somehow we are at a point where that video got over 1 million views of people thinking that's the actual game.

Will be interesting to see how this goes. It wouldn't surprise me if he just repackages in his previous game change a few bits, charges something worthwhile for it ($20?) to make a quick buck and we'll still have people that will buy that game claiming its PT 2.0.

But could he really lie to Sony that far?

We're talking about a PS Blog post, official PlayStation youtube announcement, exclusive "marketing app", baiting tweets... and anyone at Sony see the red flags?

That's the only thing make me think that all of this is just a marketing strategy. I don't think you can put this kind of things in front of a megacorp.

Vega

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Any openings in #TeamFake? Hahaha.

I don't want to repeat myself, but if we got one good thing out of all this it's that Konami now knows that people are THIRSTY. I hope that if there isn't a Silent Hill in development, this will serve to get one started.

And about Blue Box and Hasan.... well... it doesn't look good. I hope this doesn't end in a witch hunt.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
What an interesting shitshow this was. Being from the Netherlands I was inclined to have a trip to their offices since it was so close and just to see what the place exactly is (the so said offices) but I also don't care enough to do so. I am really wondering what will happen on Friday. But truth to be told the whole thing as been quite interesting. The only thing that made me believe it could have been Kojima was because I recalled that he would get an office in The Netherlands with Guerilla. So there was definitely a link. But for now I am like: eh.

In the end it was interesting to pop up and I hope that nobody gets hurt or harassed in the end.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing is confusing, but I really don't think Sony would have given such prominence to the game if they didn't have confidence in it. They're not a bunch of rubes likely to get tricked by an unknown developer.

Life of Black Tiger was awful, but they just shared the trailer on their channel, they didn't exactly give it special treatment like Abandoned. I really doubt it's just an asset flip. Worst case scenario it's going to be another generic low budget first person horror to add to the abundance

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany

Why would we believe this Youtube channel? Why would any developer accept a conversation with a rando & then share some business internals? Why would Sony pressure them to do anything? Like, they could have run this blog post / teaser trailer at any time. Probably would have looked better on Sony's part even if they actually had something good to show instead of just an empty teaser & a generic game description. It doesn't help that the game apparently won't even be called Abandoned so that inital reveal will ultimately be worth nothing.

Deleted member 10675

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
This whole thing is confusing, but I really don't think Sony would have given such prominence to the game if they didn't have confidence in it. They're not a bunch of rubes likely to get tricked by an unknown developer.

Life of Black Tiger was awful, but they just shared the trailer on their channel, they didn't exactly give it special treatment like Abandoned. I really doubt it's just an asset flip. Worst case scenario it's going to be another generic low budget first person horror to add to the abundance
Which special treatment are you talking about?

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
#TeamReal to the end. There is no going back from this. Director's Cut for the Death Stranding trailer is weird as hell and features "oranges in a box" (Orange is the historic national colour of the Netherlands)

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted (probably already done) but this is very interesting:

Yeah, this has done the rounds a few times in this thread.

Last time I saw it was around 100 pages in when a poster was saying the missing symbol/off-centre logo was obviously just a quick/poor job from the designer and didn't mean anything.

Which I simply cannot believe.

Deleted member 10675

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Regarding the whole "why would sony promote them on the blog" stuff, have you heard of the outbreak games? Sony made 3 different blogposts about them:
blog.playstation.com

Experience the entire Outbreak retro survival horror series on PS4

The first title in the franchise launches tomorrow.
blog.playstation.com

Outbreak brings the undead apocalypse to PS5 tomorrow

The first entry of the retro-inspired survival horror series lands on PS5 tomorrow, with the rest arriving over the next few weeks.
blog.playstation.com

Outbreak: Endless Nightmares launches on PS5 and PS4 May 19

Survival horror meets roguelike in this endless nightmare.

Do you want to know what those games really are?
Pretty much bad shovelware resident evil clones that were pushed out quickly (5 different games on PS5) that are only there to get people to buy on the prospect of being "Early PS5 games"

Sony arent nearly as picky about the games they put on their store, on their youtubue channel nor on their blog as you think they are, this is a whole pack of worms to open which is an issue on all platforms really but that is beside the point.

As for the topic of the app, I dont think that its unique because no one else is allowed to make it, it is unique because no one bothers to do it, but someone making a scam and not even any actual game and wants to make it seem like they have something actual here to ride on the hype? yea they have much more reason to doing something like this.

Apr 20, 2021
So people believe Hasan when he says he has no affiliation with Konami or Kojima or whatever but don't believe him when he says he is working with Sony since 2015 ? The guy even has verified PSN account and is playing more than a game that cannot be found on the store (one of them with siren head)
I really don't believe this is just an incompetent indie dev lost control of the hype train. This either a mastermind scam that should be documented on Netflix/HBo or something bigger

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
Regarding the whole "why would sony promote them on the blog" stuff, have you heard of the outbreak games? Sony made 3 different blogposts about them:
blog.playstation.com

Experience the entire Outbreak retro survival horror series on PS4

The first title in the franchise launches tomorrow.
blog.playstation.com

Outbreak brings the undead apocalypse to PS5 tomorrow

The first entry of the retro-inspired survival horror series lands on PS5 tomorrow, with the rest arriving over the next few weeks.
blog.playstation.com

Outbreak: Endless Nightmares launches on PS5 and PS4 May 19

Survival horror meets roguelike in this endless nightmare.

Do you want to know what those games really are?
Pretty much bad shovelware resident evil clones that were pushed out quickly (5 different games on PS5) that are only there to get people to buy on the prospect of being "Early PS5 games"

Sony arent nearly as picky about the games they put on their store, on their youtubue channel nor on their blog as you think they are, this is a whole pack of worms to open which is an issue on all platforms really but that is beside the point.

As for the topic of the app, I dont think that its unique because no one else is allowed to make it, it is unique because no one bothers to do it, but someone making a scam and not even any actual game and wants to make it seem like they have something actual here to ride on the hype? yea they have much more reason to doing something like this.
One thing that we can all agree on is that Sony could use with better quality control.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I don't game on PC very much outside of racing/driving games, but the Epic Games actually seems to be doing a good job of this. This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't use it, though.
Epic is still early as a platform, but yes they have thus far focused on curated content, remains to be seen how it will look like 3 years from now. Go over to new Steam releases however and it is pretty much a mess, and while I dont have a Switch, I heard the eShop's new section is suffering from similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.