Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Lol, I'm still confused at people being confused at this being Bloodborne. Even if it's a 'I looked at the title too fast' type of thing, there is no Bloodborne 2, so that should tip you off

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Two of my guilty pleasure games. I loved them both and would buy them in a heatbeat if they came to console.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. These games are really good fun. Rayne is still one of my favourite Laura Bailey roles.

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
GREAT news, my favorite guilty pleasure games until the masterpiece that is Bayonetta. We need more games like this.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Will update first post later

As i own only bloodrayne 2 on gog I would be getting that one for free at least xp

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were alright games, yeah. Nothing too special but an interesting setting that you didn't see often (WWI, though I think the second game was modern). Not sure what the Bayo comment is supposed to mean. Bayonetta came out in 2009, 5 years after Bloodrayne 2 and there is no relation between the two at all that I'm aware of
He's saying Bayo stole her thunder.

Not really though since the games are different, one series was already dead by that time, and Bayo, while a very good game, wasn't exactly a smash hit.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Bloodrayne 1's combat will probably feel very stiff to me today, especially with the awkward camera angle. I remember Bloodrayne 2 feeling much better to play though.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I revisited the second game a few years ago on Windows and I was surprised how well it held up. There's a lot of 2000's jank, but the combat was solid and the game has a competent progression system that yields an awesome power fantasy toward the end of the game. They were also trying a lot of things that I don't recall seeing in the character action genre until later. The only issues I ran into were poorly marked objectives (typical of the era), crappy 2000s platforming, and combat that isn't as suited for the multiple enemy encounters the game likes to throw at you about 2/3rds of the way through.

And who could forget Everybody's Fool?

As others have said, hopefully this leads to a console release. Sequel, maybe?

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Not the most memorable 3D action game from the aughts, but a nice nostalgia package. I'm moderately interested.

Now, I wish someone would do this for The Suffering games - I loved those. Or Buffy, but that's probably in rights hell.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. I get that there are plenty of criticisms about Bloodrayne that can be made but it was a favorite of mine in the early '00's

I've even got several of the comic books. I'd love to see these come to console and I'd love to see a proper Bloodrayne 3 that directly continues the story of Bloodrayne 2.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I was never able to beat Bloodrayne 2 on PC. The part where you have to use the chain to throw people on speakers within a time limit was just completely and utterly broken.

If they fix that, I might look into it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Not the most memorable 3D action game from the aughts, but a nice nostalgia package. I'm moderately interested.

Now, I wish someone would do this for The Suffering games - I loved those. Or Buffy, but that's probably in rights hell.
NightDive is currently updating Kingpin, SiN, and ShadowMan.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suffering games will be somewhere in that queue.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I thought 1 & 2 were PS2 PS4 classics on PSN. As it turns out they are PS2 PS3 releases. This thread has me wanting to run through them again. Too bad my MacBook would probably catch on fire after all of the hoops I would have to jump through to get the Steam release running on it.

And who could forget her Playboy pinups?

... Seriously, the games were stupid fun. Wish we still got more of them.

I'm not an Evanescence fan, but that video was always so cool.

Those 2000s video game playboy pinups were a special kind of cringe, even back then.

Last edited:

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I wish Nocturne could be rescued too.

I hope so! It was kinda disappointing to see Betrayal being some kind of anime platformer/beat 'em up... BloodRayne should always be hack and slash.
But I didn't like the direction they were taking in BloodRayne 2. If there's a sequel, I wish it's closer to the first game both in setting and tone.

I didn't watch the movies. Trailers were enough. They look like Resident Evil movies, except they didn't make a cent. Money laundering, probably...

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Oh wow I loved those games back on the Game Cube and PS2 (I think it was) so nice to see them get remastered. Not sure how well they aged or how quality of a remaster it'll be, but still nice to see

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I thought 1 & 2 were PS2 PS4 classics on PSN. As it turns out they are PS2 PS3 releases. This thread has me wanting to run through them again. Too bad my MacBook would probably catch on fire after all of the hoops I would have to jump through to get the Steam release running on it.

Yeah it's crazy how many PS2 classics are on PS3 and not PS4.
I would fucking love to play Revenge of the Sith on PS4 but I instead have to whip out the PStriple.

Oct 27, 2017

I hope so! It was kinda disappointing to see Betrayal being some kind of anime platformer/beat 'em up... BloodRayne should always be hack and slash.
But I didn't like the direction they were taking in BloodRayne 2. If there's a sequel, I wish it's closer to the first game both in setting and tone.

I didn't watch the movies. Trailers were enough. They look like Resident Evil movies, except they didn't make a cent. Money laundering, probably...

Not laundering, but IIRC Boll used some tax loophole or something to squeeze funding for his movies out of German authorities.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018

Close:

tax laws in Germany mean that any wealthy Germans who invest in a movie can write-off the production cost, delay paying their taxes and generally reduce their tax burden. When you disseminate all the boring legal business law surrounding it the bottom line is this – the German investors in a movie only pay tax on any RETURNS the movie makes, their investment is 100% deductible, so the minute the movie makes a profit, said investor has to start paying tax. Plus the investors can actually borrow money to put towards investment and write that off too.

Feature Content - Uwe Boll: Money For Nothing

Feature Content - Uwe Boll: Money For Nothing A huge movie resource updated many times a day with the latest in movie and dvd reviews, movie news, trailers, movie posters, and industry feature articles. All with attempted humor.

The loophole has since been closed.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Stay far away from the films. They aren't even "so good it's bad" material.

I was disappointed when the studio fell apart. The end of the 2nd game set things up for a few cool sequel concepts. I could totally see the franchise resurrected with Platinum-style combat, a mix of Vanquish gunplay and Bayonetta melee combat.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
We need more action horror in general. Reboot Bloodrayne and Legacy of Kain for the new gen.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Not sure whether it's 2K or Terminal Reality who own the rights to Nocturne.