Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
This weeb prefers the Rakuyo, but again, I've done all PVE up til now.
Although, now that my NG+4 character is nearing level 300, I have no reason not to experiment with everything under the sun. Maybe it's time to finally do what I said long, long ago to a certain someone at Cainhurst and submit to the Vilebloods.
Lol, I have 3 "Maria" characters.

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna type up directions, because I know all the ways there, but as soon as I started to think my brain just immediately stopped working. Yharnam is possibly the most confusing area in the game aside from one other a bit later.

Oh man, you're on the brooch sidequest? Good luck there buddies!

Yeah, I left off picking up the brooch. Wandered around lost for a bit because I refused to look it up, lol. This was also over a year and a half ago, so I am excited to jump back in this weekend and pick up very early on where I left off.

The 'good luck' does not sound promising for my poor hunter, lol.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely offer my whirligig up for service. Psn is my username on here. Send a message if you need a hand and if I'm available I'll jump in. Really look forward to reading impressions from first time players, game is really special.
Same to the bolded!

I also offer a hand to newbies, though there'll probably be a much bigger flood come tuesday when the game is actually put up on PS+.

I got multiple builds to suit some needs! Arcane/Strength, Skill/Blood with Chikage, and just pure good ol Strength with a Whirligig.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I left off picking up the brooch. Wandered around lost for a bit because I refused to look it up, lol. This was also over a year and a half ago, so I am excited to jump back in this weekend and pick up very early on where I left off.

If you get too lost, I'd say just eat it. It gives a pretty good early item and the sidequest doesn't reward you with anything substantial aside from a neat little story.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh, omg I didn't realize that was a joke post. I didn't lurk Gaf until 2016 so I completely missed that whole era

Apologies!

Oh man, that thread was legendary. Some people went through every stage of grief lol

I want to say more, but I don't wanna spoil it. But I think it's my favorite sidequest of the game

Oct 27, 2017
A good point in the right direction:
Go to the multifloored building that has wolfmen and rats in it. There's the sewerish area outside it with gunmen and a really long ladder at the end, climb up it. That's the way to it.

Oh yes! That's right.
By the gate with the first Brick Troll. Now I remember. I could have sworn after you did that there was a 'shortcut' but I think that was just to the 3 floor place?

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
A good point in the right direction:
Go to the multifloored building that has wolfmen and rats in it. There's the sewerish area outside it with gunmen and a really long ladder at the end, climb up it. That's the way to it.
If you've been there once and opened the gate, you can go the way you would from the start of the game, past the pyre, past the area with the brick troll banging on the door, up the first flight of stairs, and off to the left before reaching the small courtyard with the dogs.

Edit: beat me to it!

Oct 27, 2017
If you've been there once and opened the gate, you can go the way you would from the start of the game, past the pyre, past the area with the brick troll banging on the door, up the first flight of stairs, and off to the left before reaching the small courtyard with the dogs.

Edit: beat me to it!

That is exactly what turned me around. I only been there through the initial method, so when the gate unlocked it through me around after the Father fight. Got it down in my head now, eager to hop on this evening!

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
gemless pvp was awesome, and yeah getting those high-level gems was a huge pain in the ass but that was what made me appreciate the chalice dungeons, if they'll ever make a sequel i hope they don't throw away that concept.
i got pretty addicted to randomly generated chalice dungeons on my first character, but they're not fun to grind on every new character you make for pvp. it completely killed the longevity of the game for me

Last edited:

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've played this game about a dozen times, with different characters and builds.
I knew every pickup, shortcut and enemy location in most areas except for the endgame areas in Old Hunters.

It's been 2 years since I last played it, and I feel like I've forgotten most of it. I might be in for a new playthrough

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Ahhh seems like just yesterday Project Beast was leaked.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

687474703a2f2f61626c6f61642e64652f696d672f686967686c6576656c636f6d706c657465636f6c6c35637376742e676966

Good times.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
After many ringings of the bell for help with
Martyr Logarius I gave up on bloodborne. Could never beat that fuck, even with help. Any body want to help me get past with I'm open arms.
My GT is NowhereFaded.
Tips also welcome!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After many ringings of the bell for help with
Martyr Logarius I gave up on bloodborne. Could never beat that fuck, even with help. Any body want to help me get past with I'm open arms.
My GT is NowhereFaded.
Tips also welcome!
I don't think I've ever beaten him by myself. Him, Ludwig, and the final DLC boss. If you need help, I can give you a hand! My password is Popcorn1

Stop by thr clan discord as well and those crazy fools will all help
Theres a discord? Is it a Era exclusive one?

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Platinum and 100%DLC over here.

Some really good advice in the OP that covers most bases. I would add that it also helps to find a weapon with a move set that you like and focus on the stats that scale with said weapon. A build that's not focused enough can slow down your pace mid to late game when your damage is not high enough with the tougher enemies even though your level is. That said a lot of fun can be had with experimenting with different builds.

I feel that Bloodborne is always trying to oppress the player and scare them with big bosses, loud screams and flashy moves. And everytime I got stuck I found that being brave (dashing forward), aggressive (rally system) and attacking harder (visceral attacks) helped a lot more than retreating and being defensive.

Other than that, take it slow! watch your corners and savour this very special game.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
still the best PS4 game.

this thread made me wanna go and play thru the game for a 6th time... maybe this time ill finally try an arcane build

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that Bloodborne is always trying to oppress the player and scare them with big bosses, loud screams and flashy moves. And everytime I got stuck I found that being brave (dashing forward), aggressive (rally system) and attacking harder (visceral attacks) helped a lot more than retreating and being defensive.
Yep, all of the designs and sounds and movements from enemies can be very imposing, but it is important to keep in mind that you are the hunter - a hoonter must hoont! Go in there and cut them down. You have all the skills and tools you need to do so. It is just a matter of execution. That will come through trial and error with some attentive observation.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Well, I shall add you to my PSN friend's list tomorrow and perhaps you can aid me in either chalice dungeons and/or boss fights in Old Hunters DLC (when and if you're available) if that's okay.

More than happy to. NG or NG+ beyond? I think my highest character may be NG++ but I'm not sure. I'm one of the few Souls players that doesn't really go beyond NG+ half the time.

edit: Chalices may be tricky unless you're just going the mandatory chalices for the Plat. I'll probably have those unlocked.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Beaten the game before - doing a clean run through + dlc hopefully this time. Any tips for a cane whip build? Or a weapon that scales w the same stats?

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
This game is so incredible. Bought a PS4 just to play it and it reignited my love for game after barely touching anything for like two years. I never finished Old Hunters, so a replay is in order soon.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have fun with First play throughs everyone. Game is sublime.

Ludwig's holy blade is the best weapon by a huge distance.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
More than happy to. NG or NG+ beyond? I think my highest character may be NG++ but I'm not sure. I'm one of the few Souls players that doesn't really go beyond NG+ half the time.

edit: Chalices may be tricky unless you're just going the mandatory chalices for the Plat. I'll probably have those unlocked.

Still on NG. Makes me wonder if you can still be summoned given your level. Guess we'll find out eventually. Thanks.