lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017

Here's a very special look at some cut content that was removed from Bloodborne prior to release, now restored and working in-game. Here are 5 enemies, or creatures, or bosses, who knows? Either way they're all pulled from unused data files and re-inserted into the game to be demonstrated here, for the first time, just for you!

EDIT: Part 2 is out

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is really amazing, just being able to restore them in incredible. I'm really curious to see if any cut environments were re-purposed into Dark Souls 3 content (not like i'd mind at all if they were, just curious). I hope we start hearing about that soon.

Also, loving all the Dark Souls and Bloodborne threads this week <3.

Last edited:

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Man, as complete as Bloodborne is...there is a TON of cut content for this game. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of this material that is being discovered makes its way to Bloodborne 2 whenever that happens. The people behind this just started getting into the DLC.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
Hope that they can put these in a chalice dungeon and share the glyph code for all to try it.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, as complete as Bloodborne is...there is a TON of cut content for this game. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of this material that is being discovered makes its way to Bloodborne 2 whenever that happens. The people behind this just started getting into the DLC.

It's theorised that BB and DS3 were in development at the same time so some stuff was moved to DS3 from BB.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne 2 whenever that happens.
Post from buyout I don't really see this ever happening. If it does it'll be a Sony made title without from involved. From doesn't need the money anymore nor I think they are willing to do work on an IP they don't have a stake in any longer. Also, doing a ps exclusive in a post PC dark souls world likely isn't appealing to FS. Dark series has sold like 7 million on PC. I truly believe had DS1 been on PC day and date with the console version Bloodborne might never have happened, because I really don't think from would have ever let that kind of money sit around for nothing.

Not that a from BB2 wouldn't make money or anything, but from has to ask themselves more what would be a better use of resources: a Sony IP on a Sony system and Sony published or their own IP on several systems published by themselves (theoretically possible WW post buyout)?

It's theorised that BB and DS3 were in development at the same time so some stuff was moved to DS3 from BB.

BB started as soon as Artorias was done, iirc. It, ds2, and ds3 all had overlap.

Oct 29, 2017
Can't watch the video atm, does this include that one enemy that was believed to be cut content until it was discovered that he shows up in exactly one chalice dungeon seed?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Great but every time they show those characters in a model editor or similar, those models look unfinished, rough, missing textures, shaders and others. How coudl they put them in such complete way in the game?

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually one of the people who wouldn't mind another studio taking a whack at it. The Miyazaki fan boner is really dumb. Lovecraft is public domain, let someone else try their hand at it. If it's bad just don't play it.
Bloodborne is this good thanks to Miyazaki and his team. It's not blind fanboyism, it's a fact.

OP
OP
lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually one of the people who wouldn't mind another studio taking a whack at it. The Miyazaki fan boner is really dumb. Lovecraft is public domain, let someone else try their hand at it. If it's bad just don't play it.

If they can find another dev that does great combat and great art design then I'm down.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is this good thanks to Miyazaki and his team. It's not blind fanboyism, it's a fact.
It is blind fanboyism to suggest that no one else could match or even do service to the IP without his involvement. From soft is a studio filled with men and women just like any other, they aren't some game design Gods no one else could rival. Give some Scrappy team with a chip on their shoulder a shot and who knows what happens? Again, from soft doesn't have exclusive usage of lovecraft when it comes to gaming and there are tons of people out there who would love to do a Lovecraftian game. Why not let them have a chance? Again, if it offends your sensibilities then just don't play it.
It will happen. No way is sony not going to From with the idea and no way from is stupid enough to not release a game that's a guarantee seller/hit.
Again, it's likely less a matter of a BB2 making money and more a matter of priorities. If FS could use that team to work on their own IP they can make all the money on and put where ever they like, why do BB?

Last edited:

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best things I've seen today. So we're getting Bloodborne II announced at E3 right?! Cmon Sony & From Software make it rain!!
1981c6ba85b0ece5ea2c14c89e7cf95d637462256bdef88a8867ce92ca4c92b2

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is blind fanboyism to suggest that no one else could match or even do service to the IP without his involvement. From soft is a studio filled with men and women just like any other, they aren't some game design Gods no one else could rival. Give some Scrappy team with a chip on their shoulder a shot and who knows what happens? Again, from soft doesn't have exclusive usage of lovecraft when it comes to gaming and there are tons of people out there who would love to do a Lovecraftian game. Why not let them have a chance? Again, if it offends your sensibilities then just don't play it.

Again, it's likely less a matter of a BB2 making money and more a matter of priorities. If FS could use that team to work on their own IP they can make all the money on and put where ever they like, why do BB?
Because a new ip isnt as safe an endeavor as an established ip is and they have just as much an interest in generating profit as they do coming up with new creative ips, if not more on the former than the latter. It's happening. When is the only question.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no reason to be so passive-aggressive my friend. Seriously.
Also (and I hope this will end this conversation since it's pretty off topic and you don't seem to be a likeable person), you are putting words in mouth that I've never said.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because a new ip isnt as safe an endeavor as an established ip is and they have just as much an interest in generating profit as they do coming up with new creative ips, if not more on the former than the latter. It's happening. When is the only question.
BB is a Sony IP and not a from soft ip. There's no reason to work on someone else's stuff when you have both the money and manpower to do your own, and a fanbase that will go with you.

Just look at the posts itt crying about a potential miyazaki-less BB, much less a from-less BB. Do you seriously think people won't go find whatever from's next game is if it it's not BB?

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Bloodborne 2 is happening. Just a matter of when. At this point, either it's a late gen PS4 title or early PS5 title. Bloodborne was one of the best selling games in Sony's repertoire and surprised even them and From Software, become one of their best selling games, period. It's silly to think there won't be a sequel. And FS is important but so is Sony Japan Studio. It's a collaborative effort. Sony Japan Studio could tackle a potential BB2 by themselves if they really had to. Japan Studio is responsible for Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Legend of Dragoon, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus (+Remake), Ape Escape, Rogue Galaxy, Locoroco, Patapon, White Knight Chronicles, Folklore, Soul Sacrifice, Rain, Freedom Wars, The Last Guardian, etc.

It's like people magically forget just how competent and talented they are as developers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne 2 is happening. Just a matter of when. At this point, either it's a late gen PS4 title or early PS5 title. Bloodborne was one of the best selling games in Sony's repertoire and surprised even them and From Software, become one of their best selling games, period. It's silly to think there won't be a sequel.
Oh I fully expect another BB game to happen, I just don't think there's a realistic path for FS developing it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BB is a Sony IP and not a from soft ip. There's no reason to work on someone else's stuff when you have both the money and manpower to do your own, and a fanbase that will go with you.

Just look at the posts itt crying about a potential miyazaki-less BB, much less a from-less BB. Do you seriously think people won't go find whatever from's next game is if it it's not BB?
Sure they will. That still doesn't mean it will be as profitable or as successful as a sequel BB. And as someone pointed out last time we had this conversation Sony owning the IP probably means that FROM can make a considerable amount more money given they would have SONY helping them publish it rather than having to put that money up themselves. Why would you not pursue both? They did both dark souls 3 and BB at the same time, and both came out great, had miyazaki, and made them a shit ton of money. It makes no sense why they would imit themselves in your scenario. Theyre making BB2.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne 2 is not being made any time soon by Fromsoft.

That aside, its really cool that these things are being shared with the community.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure they will. That still doesn't mean it will be as profitable or as successful as a sequel BB. And as someone pointed out last time we had this conversation Sony owning the IP probably means that FROM can make a considerable amount more money given they would have SONY helping them publish it rather than having to put that money up themselves. Why would you not pursue both? They did both dark souls 3 and BB at the same time, and both came out great, had miyazaki, and made them a shit ton of money. It makes no sense why they would imit themselves in your scenario. Theyre making BB2.
They have no interest in Souls-like sequels atm, Miyazaki said it and he is the president of the company.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne 2 is not being made any time soon by Fromsoft.

That aside, its really cool that these things are being shared with the community.
Who said it was happening soon?

They have no interest in Souls-like sequels atm, Miyazaki said it and he is the president of the company.
He also said that almost two years ago now (year and a half?) and also then came back and clarified that they might still be on the table.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why let sony reap the publisher's profit when they can?

Something a lot of people seem to be missing here is that FS don't seem to be interested in making even another Dark Souls game again. Why is that? Easy money right? Why is from spending all this money on a new ip while Namco is spending money on another Lord's of the Fallen game? Post buyout I don't think From wants to spend resources on anything they don't have 100% IP and publishing rights to worldwide. Two different studios are working on the remaster and From is doing their own things now. Armored core is a fromsoft ip, and it's a safe bet whatever they're working on next is going to be a from IP. It seems clear from is wanting to get out from under others and do their own thing from now on, and now that they have the money--why not?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why let sony reap the publisher's profit when they can?
Something a lot of people seem to be missing here is that FS don't seem to be interested in making even another Dark Souls game again. Why is that? Easy money right? Why is from spending all this money on a new ip while Namco is spending money on another Lord's of the Fallen game? Post buyout I don't think From wants to spend resources on anything they don't have 100% IP and publishing rights to worldwide. Two different studios are working on the remaster and From is doing their own things now. Armored core is a fromsoft ip, and it's a safe bet whatever they're working on next is going to be a from IP. It seems clear from is wanting to get out from under others and do their own thing from now on, and now that they have the money--why not?
Theyre going to have to pay up for publishing it themselves or have someone else give them significantly less money to publish a game of their own choosing then someone like sony can offer, which means they potentially have more to gain with sony than other outlets can offer them (depending on the agreement).

Who said it was happening at all?
(once again) read the thread.Lol

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theyre going to have to pay up for publishing it themselves or have someone else give them significantly less money to publish a game of their own choosing then someone like sony can offer, which means they potentially have more to gain with sony than other outlets can offer them (depending on the agreement).

(once again) read the thread.Lol
Post buyout From can theoretically publish world wide now. They don't really have the need to go to a namco or Sony again.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
OK, this needs a re-release as a complete edition on a Blu-Ray disc now (& I know that it's happened before, but only Europe had gotten it).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It is blind fanboyism to suggest that no one else could match or even do service to the IP without his involvement. From soft is a studio filled with men and women just like any other, they aren't some game design Gods no one else could rival.

And yet, in over a decade, nobody has rivalled them at their game; not for lack of trying, either. What the hell is this "anyone else could do it; they, uhh... just don't want to because reasons" rethoric? It's not every day that you hear stuff that is both this ignorant and this dismissive of the incredible talent of Miyazaki and his team.

And BTW, them being unable to make a Bloodborne 2 because Sony has the IP rights and they would rather use their own IP holds little water for anything except it not being literally called Bloodborne 2, in the same way Dark Souls is not called Demon's Souls 2. Otherwise they perfectly could (as, indeed, already have) make a spiritual successor that's a sequel in all but name.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And how many From's games have been released after that statement? Bloodborne 2 probably will never exist, and personally I'm ok with this.
I don't see the relevance with not releasing games after that statement with the idea that they won't be releasing BB2 ever.
Post buyout From can theoretically publish world wide now. They don't really have the need to go to a namco or Sony again.
Ok at this point youre just not even engaging my central point. Even if they do that, that means they would have to be paying to publish their own product-potentially, meaning they have less to gain by doing so given the high costs. Also, they already have projects in the work with Sony so I mean your entire premise that they don't or wont have to go to Sony is already sort of false because we already know they are going back to Sony.
I think i know enough about the situation to not have to rely on random baseless internet speculation but thanks i guess.
So, random basless internet speculation. Lol

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

I'm sure Code Vein will knock From Soft out of the park :^)

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And yet, in over a decade, nobody has rivalled them at their game; not for lack of trying, either. What the hell is this "anyone else could do it; they, uhh... just don't want to because reasons" rethoric? It's not every day that you hear stuff that is both this ignorant and this dismissive of the incredible talent of Miyazaki and his team.
"DUUUUUDE Miyazaki didn't invent Lovecraft!!!"

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So folks, without spoiling much, I am almost at Vicar Amelia and have already been dragged off to Hypogean Gaol (terrifying music). I have played both DeS and DS1 but this game creeps me the fuck out to the point where I had to stop because it was turning into a horror game. Heck, I even bought the DLC because I love what I have played so far. That said, if I were to ever finish the game, how could I access the cut content (I don't want to watch the video in fear of spoilers)?

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they do that, that means they would have to be paying to publish their own product-potentially, meaning they have less to gain by doing so given the high costs.
That's not how royalties work. Any lost dosh dealt to them for the deal would be made up for with multiplatform releases that they reap 100% of the benefit from, not to mention they are building their own IP and brand for future use vs someone else's.

Also wheres the source Sony is publishing any of their games?