Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
IIRC you have to beat either Cleric Beast or Blood-Starved Beast to get through the gate that's locked, so in that sense one of them is optional.

Edit. Nevermind, you're right. You gotta beat the Cleric Beast in order to buy the Emblem that let you skip the BSB. So you gotta tackle one of the two if you wanna advance.

Last edited:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
One of the best games of this entire generation. Combat was fantastic and every area of the game was oozing with atmosphere.

I really hope we get a PS5 patch that fixes some of the performance issues though.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
God, I've never been so hyped for a game since. Perhaps whatever is on PS5.

The very first time I started the game, and the main menu music started playing, I knew I was heading into a once in a generation game. Absolutely amazing game.

TheRatedD

Apr 15, 2018
Best gaming experience I ever had. I'd still say Mario Odyssey is overall my favorite game, but exploring thru Bloodborne and being in PSN chats all day with other guys all helping each other with various tips and co-op, all while we were trolling Xbox fanboys on YT about this game, was the most fun I ever had in gaming.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
10/10 aesthetics and theming,in fact few things have come close imo, it's astounding. Games may have come out with more style and graphics while running better, but nothing has hit my strike zone quite like it.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got this game on Black Friday. Still need to get around to playing it lol. Heard alot of good stuff about it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
If you mean the gate in Cathedral Ward, as far as I remember, you can open that gate without beating Cleric Beast nor Blood-Starved Beast. I think you need to buy an emblem, or something like that.

You need to defeat the Cleric Beast to be able to buy that emblem. The other way is to defeat Blood-Starved Beast so a door in the chapel opens so you can get past the gate and open it from behind.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this will be one of the showcase games for Sony's enhanced backwards compatibility.
It's a real shame the game is stuck on PS4.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The hype I had for this game was unreal. Not only did it live up, but it surpassed my wildest expectations. This is the kind of game you get once every generation, or even decade. Best game of this generation, and one of the greatest games ever conceived.

Masterpiece.
Arn8pq9.png

Last edited:

El sueño

Feb 4, 2018
Loved it. The music, the narrative, the hunt, everything was perfect. I would not change anything of it, as simple as that.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Best game of this gen.

Boy, am I glad I gave this game a second chance. Once it clicked, I fell in love.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
An amazing game that is knocked down by performance issues. Absolutely tragic.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
The hype I had for this game was unreal. Not only did it live up, but it surpassed my wildest expectations. This is the kind of game you get once every generation, or even decade. Best game of this generation, and one of the greatest games ever convinced.

Masterpiece.
Arn8pq9.png
I would go as far as to say this kind of game you only get once in a lifetime.

Fucking masterpiece

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best games of the gen and easily one of the best PS4 games.

I hope we do get a sequel eventually, it might not happen but I'll keep crossing my fingers.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
This game is perfect.
Even the DLC was perfect.
Miyazaki outdid himself with this gem.

Only the framepacing was bad, since it is first party, hopefully it will be one of the first backward compatible games on ps5. Dat 60fps 4k resolution patch.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Still my favorite "Soulsborne" game. Sekiro is growing on me as I finally give it a proper go one year later (tried it when it launched and basically didn't realize how it wanted to be played) but Bloodborne just nailed everything...well, maybe not the framepacing, but almost everything lol.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Only game this gen to make me nauseus to the point I had to quit after 30mn. Let's hope for a PC release to fix frame rate and pacing, otherwise huge disappointment.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Easily top 3 of my favourite games ever along with RE4 and MGS3. Was my first from software game/souls type and wow, still to this day I can't get over how good this game is. I wasn't playing games around that time as I was at uni but my gf at the time dumped me and playing Bloodborne in 2015 summer was like a transcendent experience. Nothings topped it for me yet, it really did bring back the feelings of being early teens and playing RE4/MGS3 for the first time and just being in awe of the gameplay/visuals. The themes, the music, the story, the gameplay they all just blend so well. Please Sony make a PS5 patch 4K/60fps. Hidetaka Miyazaki's magnum opus and he had the Midas touch for this one.
I was in a similar spot when I first played. I think I was a junior in College, had a moment of just not enjoying anything in my life really. I was doing okay in my classes but I just felt empty and apathetic towards what came next after graduating. I had played Demons Souls before, skipped Dark Souls, and preordered Bloodborne, but I wasn't all that excited. Launch night, I played the intro and Cleric Beast got me a few times. I turned off the PS4 and went into bed as I had class the next morning. I literally laid in my bed in the dark, unsatisfied for not having beat the first boss. I stayed up a whole hour later just to beat him. The following week was my spring break and I just gave my entire life to the game. Never have I experienced such a masterful game that consumed me since MK9 and Super Mario 64. Moments like that come around every couple of years and I truly love this game. Definitely my favorite game of all time.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
One of these days I'm gonna reinstall this and finish it. I got to the Forbidden Forest then got sidetracked with other stuff and never returned to it.

Aug 17, 2018
I hope I can finally play this game on PS5 as it was absolutely impossible for me to play on PS4 because of the horrible framestuttery 30fps performance. I tried it several times but this game gives me a headache on PS4 so i could not even beat the first boss.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the chalice dungeon mechanic, the game is amazing. I feel like chalice dungeons could've been executed better than they were. It's been awhile since I've played though so I don't really remember specifically why I didn't like them.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I remember before it came out everyone was hyped but I wasn't interested because I knew it was similar to Dark Souls and I just wasn't up for that kind of game.

When it launched and got great reviews then I started to feel like I was missing out. Bought the game and regretted it. I think if I hadn't bought it digitally I'd have sold it. It annoyed me that I had wasted my money so kept trying to go back to it.

It took me a year before I went back to it and that was only because I ended up giving Dark Souls a try which I almost gave up on too but it clicked eventually. Went back to Bloodborne and it all made sense and I fell in love with it.

I doubt we'll ever get a sequel. All I want is at least a patch so it will be unlocked resolution/Frame rate. Would love to experience the game at 60fps or even better 144hz on PC.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I lose my focus very quickly in most single player games and rarely end up finishing them. It's only when they are excellent that I do. Bloodborne was that type of game. Amazing experience from start to finish.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
It is the absolute best game I've never beaten. Due to different circumstances, getting burnt out or changing consoles, I have never gotten past the halfway point and have started it over like 4 times in general. It sucks because I love the game and I am a huge Lovecraft fan so it's right up my alley.

I just bought a PS4 for DOOM Eternal and it came with Bloodborne, so I suppose fifth time's the charm?