• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they give this new Diablo game DISTINCT art design. I don't want this shit looking like some damn Overwatch after Diablo 3 looking like a Warcraft 3 mod.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oh it's back in 2010 where people try to pretend diablo 2 was completely black and brown and diablo 3 is not dark.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
So Diablo 2 remastered is definitely getting announced here with that keyart. Diablo 4 announcement of some kind also likely I think.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, guess I'm buying a Blizzcon virtual ticket for the first time. The last 2 Blizzcon exclusive OW skins were not worth getting.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
They raised the price on the Virtual Ticket =(

Previous years they were $40, but now they're $50 (at least in the states).

973b0ad682.png

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope new Diablo is not years out. This thing has to be releasing spring 2019 no?
On the one hand, it's pretty common for Blizzard to announce games and release them 6-9 months later.

On the other hand, that only tends to be true of expansion packs, whereas the last new full game they announced was 1.5 years (Overwatch), and they said that was historically always their goal for those, with delays causing it to take longer.

Mind, things could have changed, but I'd assume Spring 2020 (or maybe Fall 2020 due to the console transition) and then be positively surprised if it's earlier.

MisterBear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A Diablo 2 Remake would be the worst idea in gaming history.

Imagine trying to appease new fans and old Hardcore D2 fans. Fuck that. A Remaster probably would be ok though....

Diablo 4 please!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Diablo 2 Remake would be the worst idea in gaming history.

Imagine trying to appease new fans and old Hardcore D2 fans. Fuck that. A Remaster probably would be ok though....

Diablo 4 please!
It's going to be a remaster just like starcraft was. I would be shocked if it's a remake.

They raised the price on the Virtual Ticket =(

Previous years they were $40, but now they're $50 (at least in the states).

973b0ad682.png
damn it's 65 cdn.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
It's not enough to have most of the money, gotta have all the money. Like half the player base doesn't have at least 1 alt account or get another each time it goes on sale.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I collect all Sombra (and D.Va) cosmetics so I guess I have to get this. I was thinking about getting the Virtual Ticket anyway.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, diablo is still a Prime and the Keyart diablo looks like D2 while the streetmarket figurine looks like D1 diablo

His body is based off of who he is manifesting through at that time. As of the end of vanilla D3 he is no longer us using anyone since we killed the version of him that was in Leah. Has nothing to do with him being in the prime evil form or not.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
They've reached $50 now? Dayum.

Well, the opening ceremony is free and that's usually enough for me nowadays. Though, in case there will be D4 and panels for it... there's still youtube uploads and the likes in the following days. Eh.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
did they mentioned anything for hearthstone from the virtual ticket? 50 bucks is a lot for just that OW skin

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it, more paid OW stuff, going back on the model they promised us.

The Lucio emote tied to the OWL pass
The All Star Skins, except you didn't get tokens while watching said all star games
Now instead of the forgettable Blizcon skins from the last years, it's good enough to want

All of this is much more worthy of criticism than what Blizzard gets constantly for the standard loot boxes in the game.

Soon enough they'll put out something I really want tied to a purchase I can't make, time limited, and the knowledge that I don't have it will bring me down every time I play the game, until I quit.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was already obvious given:
  • They started up a new prequel comic after not doing that for ages
  • They announced a Switch port of the previous game
  • They shoved around all their Diablo job postings on their site to make it extremely obvious they were for a new game
  • They started a series of Diablo tie-ins in their other products like Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch at the same general time leading up to Blizzcon
  • They started ramping up Diablo merchandizing again
  • And last but not least, they explicitly announced they were unveiling new Diablo games this year :P
Can't wait for that new Diablo mobile title!

Only half kidding. Though I'd totally go for some portable Diablo if done right

All of this is much more worthy of criticism than what Blizzard gets constantly for the standard loot boxes in the game.

Are we mad about loot boxes? Or are we mad about a one time payment to get a skin (and other things)?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
His body is based off of who he is manifesting through at that time. As of the end of vanilla D3 he is no longer us using anyone since we killed the version of him that was in Leah. Has nothing to do with him being in the prime evil form or not.
Pretty sure D3 Diablo had features from the other Evils as well, being the Prime Evil and all.

Deleted member 34611

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I think its funny people are getting mad about paying $50 for a special event skin. You aren't paying $50 for the skin, you're paying to see all the blizzcon events. I went the last two years and spent multitudes more money than $50 bucks. Am I mad that people that only paid $40 got the same stuff we did? No.

On another note, I'm not going this year and frankly think the virtual ticket might be the way to go since you can easily switch between events. I always missed out on a good event or two.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
What's scummy about doing what they've been doing for years? Just because you happen to like the skin this time?

Lately? There were virtual ticket exclusive mounts for WoW in 2008...

I don't think they ever sell out
I can only speak for Overwatch since it's the only Blizzard game I play since their ETA phase. But the last two years their Blizzcon skins were just recolors, because they knew that holding cool skins hostage to outside events that require real money was a bad move. Even the special HotS skins eventually were put in the game as normal skins.

But now they've walled content behind real money. They're doing it since their OWL stuff was probably profitable. If they've been doing it to other games for years, then it's always been scummy. I just didn't know about it since I don't play those games.

Edit: apparently they said it's going to be available in the game in the future. So that's fine ,and I hope they do it to the other content.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure D3 Diablo had features from the other Evils as well, being the Prime Evil and all.

He had weird mouth shoulders, but that was really about it.

But I was referring to his female/feminine form versus his bulky from. It's based on who hes possessing, basically. It wasn't because he was the prime evil, it was because he was manifesting through Leah.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

His slim figure was from Leah, yes but as being the Prime evil he got features of the other Evils in cosideration into his design too.

Is also curious Blizz didnt choose his latest incarnation (fem Diablo) as representative of Diablo series and previously used Bulky diablo as representative in HOTS but this one is the slim Diablo from D1 or D2

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His slim figure was from Leah, yes but as being the Prime evil he got features of the other Evils in cosideration into his design too.

Is also curious Blizz didnt choose his latest incarnation (fem Diablo) as representative of Diablo series and previously used Bulky diablo as representative in HOTS but this one is the slim Diablo from D1 or D2

Right, and we were talking about his slim figure, not the rest of the design. So not sure what your point was?

Deleted member 31277

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
My dream come true?

A Diablo 2 Remake (yes, remake) with additional content?
And maybe even a Switch version for it?

I know I'm setting up the ground for disappointment...

D2 is one of the few old games that I keep playing constantly... (I just killed Hell Baal on a newly made Single Player Paladin just yesterday)

But it has a problem, compared to newer games (such as Diablo 3), there's not much content in it. What's keeping me going back to it is experimenting new builds and the trill of finding new items.

New game modes in the likeness of D3, new areas and maybe even new classes/skill tress/builds on top of the old ones would make a D2 Remake a dream come true.

Pog

Banned
May 19, 2018
They definitely need to announce D4 this year to restore some goodwill they lost after Battle for Azeroth.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
I can't believe I'm actually tempted to drop $40 for a single cosmetic. Curse you, Blizzard!