• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
The hero we deserve.

im super unhappy about this being the only diablo announcement also but seeing things like this gives me a gross feeling in the pit of my stomach :/ just standing in front of a group of people who worked really hard on something (something nobody wanted, granted) and saying "this is bad and you should feel bad"

would hate for someone to do that to me.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
PoE is undoubtedly mechanically superior and has way, way more content than D3. That is a fact.

However, it's a janky mess. That is also a fact.

So you chose your poison: breath of content and mechanics or smooth gameplay.
I'd consider combat a fairly important mechanic, and Diablo 3 combat is endlessly better than PoEs.
But otherwise yeah, most of the different systems in PoE makes for a more fun experience, in a genre that was supposedly all about replayability and building new characters.
I have a ton of issues with PoE, and every time I try it, I get to the end game and get incredibly bored. But I do hope Blizzard learn some things from PoE when making Diablo 4.
In particular when it comes to variation in end game activities, and the importance of creating a build/identity for a character, and not just a blank class that can be whatever it wants within seconds.

Would also be great if they learned that complexity can be okay. But let us be honest, modern Blizzard wont learn that particular lesson.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
im super unhappy about this being the only diablo announcement also but seeing things like this gives me a gross feeling in the pit of my stomach :/ just standing in front of a group of people who worked really hard on something (something nobody wanted, granted) and saying "this is bad and you should feel bad"

the game is being outsourced.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
BxpzZnG.jpg
[/IMG]
BxpzZnG.jpg

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Don't do what Blizzard did and you won't have to worry about it.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I don't understand this criticism. It's not PoE 1.0 anymore and I find the gameplay smooth, even if not perfect. That said, D3's gameplay is superior I think.

But the "janky" commentary continues to resurface and I have no idea why.

It continues to resurface because it is janky. I am not a dev, I don't know wether the problem are the animations, the way the controls are mapped to them, something in their engine... But the end result is that it is not smooth. That's why people say it is janky. This is very obvious if you go back to back between D3 and PoE. Or at least it is very noticeable to me.

As I said, if you're an ARPG fan you either pick complex or pick smooth. That's my opinion on the subject.

Ozgiliath

Alt-Account
Aug 13, 2018
PoE is undoubtedly mechanically superior and has way, way more content than D3. That is a fact.

However, it's a janky mess. That is also a fact.

So you chose your poison: breath of content and mechanics or smooth gameplay.

I choose smooth gameplay and exploding stuff.

PoE is good in it;s own standard but to darn complex for me.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017

The problem isn't the game itself, it's okay if you want to do some money with it really. The problem is that they used the BlizzCon, an event made for the fan that lives thanks to the fan, to present an outsourced mobile game of a beloved brand
Sorry, they pissed out of the jar

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm done with Blizzard. The company that made Diablo 2, WC3 or even WoW Vanilla, doesn't exist anymore.

And it hasn't since, like, 2007. Why people insist on bringing this up every single BlizzCon like it's some new revelation is baffling to me.

I mean, they even make people pay to watch their product announcements. Nope, I'm out.

The opening ceremony, where they make all of these announcements, is free to watch and always has been.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It continues to resurface because it is janky. I am not a dev, I don't know wether the problem are the animations, the way the controls are mapped to them, something in their engine... But the end result is that it is not smooth. That's why people say it is janky. This is very obvious if you go back to back between D3 and PoE. Or at least it is very noticeable to me.

As I said, if you're an ARPG fan you either pick complex or pick smooth. That's my opinion on the subject.
I've got almost 2k hours in both games. D3 gets big dips in framerate as well, if that's what you mean, when things get hectic. "not smooth" is a vague term that I can't really respond to.

I think the gameplay is much more responsive and engaging in D3 personally, but I don't understand how anybody can call PoE "a janky mess" in its current state.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Additional questions so far have really been people trying to confirm how in-depth an experience this is. Will there be a full skill tree, can we theorycraft, is there a linear gear progression or non-linear, Etc

No plans to port to PC. Crowd straight up booed. So sad.

No release date.

It's like they don't know their audience. Blizzard is so out of touch these days.

Opaque

Oct 27, 2017
The problem isn't the game itself, it's okay if you want to do some money with it really. The problem is that they used the BlizzCon, an event made for the fan that lives thanks to the fan, to present an outsourced mobile game of a beloved brand
Sorry, they pissed out of the jar

This. If they thought they were going to get a positive reaction from this they were delusional, it's not the right place or time for it. If the did something like announce D2 Remastered then announced this a few months later then I don't think there'd be anywhere near as much outrage.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
They should have held off the Switch version and just announced it and released it today. That would have gone down better than whatever we just saw.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they are on record saying features from mobile could come to diablo 3, i genuinely think they reset diablo 4 project recently and its now years away

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm done with Blizzard. The company that made Diablo 2, WC3 or even WoW Vanilla, doesn't exist anymore. Today it's all about $$$ for them. Every fucking Blizzard game is so full of micro-transactions, payed services and other bullshit. Diablo Immortal is just the latest product in a long series of games that were designed to rake in as much cash as possible. And Diablo 4 will be exactly the same. I mean, they even make people pay to watch their product announcements. Nope, I'm out.

This changed when activision "merged" with them which was many years ago now. The company that showed up today is the same one from the last 5+ years.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
They really should have just saved the announcement and put it out as a video later on, they knew people would be pissed because you saved it until the end and you didn't have a real diablo game to announce along side it. Then having to sit down and talk with your audience who's pissed off at you makes it even more awkward!

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
That twitch clip isn't loading and when I try to watch it on the site, it says it doesn't exist

Anyone save it?

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
they are on record saying features from mobile could come to diablo 3, i genuinely think they reset diablo 4 project recently and its now years away
In around Summer 2016, but it's just that these types of Destiny/The Division games take a while to make.

Destiny was like 5-6 years for the first go, The Division and Anthem were both 7 years.

I suspect Diablo 4 is probably a 2020 game, and I imagine they kept some of the work they did, which would be about in line with others of this type.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Feel bad for J allard with this being his first day as president, dont think he knew it would go this way.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
The irony in all of the rage people are flinging at Blizzard over the lack of a Diablo 4 announcement is that they are in all likelihood knee-deep in the middle of working on Diablo 4.

Blizzard isn't even making the mobile game so probably. Id actually be somewhat excited if this mobile diablo were a blizzard game and not a Netease game.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Bah, I'm done bickering.

This is the world we live in now. I'm just hoping they don't fuck D4. They won't? Right? Right?

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
For those of you at Blizzcon - was there any word on the new exclusive merch and when it'll be hitting the Blink store? Been wanting to put an order in but haven't seen anything pop up.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
It is comforting in a way that even a corporate juggernaut like Blizzard can so fundamentally misjudge a product launch.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a clip about no PC version and I think the response is really bad.

Not everyone wants to drain their phone battery playing games on it.

Of course once PC gamers realize this is a Netease game they will probably be better off not having access to it on PC.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Don't really understand the boos for the no pc version announcement. It looks like a gutted for mobile version of d3 anyway. No reason for that to be on pc.

Bah, I'm done bickering.

This is the world we live in now. I'm just hoping they don't fuck D4. They won't? Right? Right?

If anything this shows they will mess up D4 just as bad as they did 3.