• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
hobbyconsolas (spanish) - 7.2
Bleeding Edge is a "hero combat shooter" that seems short of content, but lays the foundations for a good game as a service. It is based on coordination between players, which can be enormously satisfying or frustrating, depending on the way we act.
www.hobbyconsolas.com

Análisis de Bleeding Edge de Ninja Theory para Xbox One y PC

Review con nota de Bleeding Edge, el título de combates multijugador 4 vs 4, desarrollado por Ninje Theory (Hellblade) para Xbox One (también con Gamepass) y PC.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
https://geeko.lesoir.be/ (French) - 6.8
Bleeding Edge suffers from a content far too light with only 2 game modes and four arenas on the program. Needless to say, it is difficult to justify the purchase at a high price (29.99 euros). Because Bleeding Edge has very clearly the look of a free-to-play that would try to play in the big leagues from the outset. An unlikely mix of TPS and beat them all that features arena fights between two teams of four players, Ninja Theory's new game is technical enough to make a place for itself in the e-sports world. However, we will have to be patient because today, the game is still in its infancy.

(thanks Google translate)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scoring where I thought. Average. Maybe even subpar. I was disappointed with the betas to say the least.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
not enough game modes, characters and content at all, still great gameplay and pretty fun. Let's see if it gets support over time.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I'll come back to this game in a week or so. I played 3 games yesterday, 2 of which were halfway finished already. The last match I tried ended as soon as I loaded in.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of stunned to hear the "Really like the visuals!" or "This game sure has a look!" comments because I feel like this is the most synthesized, aggregated and focus tested version of all the battle royale and arena shooters that have been coming out the last 3 - 4 years (visually). I'm not saying that's how it came to be, but that's exactly what it looks like. This is the modern day version of when every FPS was going for grimdark greyed out colors and brown everywhere.
The art style looks the exact opposite of what you just describe, honestly.

Oct 24, 2019
Review scores in gaming have always been weird to me. If I got a 7 at school, I'd be happy. As a 5.5 was enough to pass. So I'd say 5.5 - 6.5 is mediocre, whereas 7 is more ''Okay''

This is getting into different territory now, but I personally was never happy with anything less than an 80 when I was in school (I'm just a bit of a perfectionist though, and cared about doing as well as possible).

Getting a C wouldn't be the end of the world, but I certainly wouldn't be aiming for that or happy with that outcome.

I think it's reasonable to say the same applies to game devs too

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Review scores in gaming have always been weird to me. If I got a 7 at school, I'd be happy. As a 5.5 was enough to pass. So I'd say 5.5 - 6.5 is mediocre, whereas 7 is more ''Okay''

I feel like the two most important metrics are:
1) Where it ranks relative to other games
2) How varied the opinions about it are

OpenCritic does a decent job with both of these which is great. The numbers themselves then become much less random and the subjective discussion about "is a 7 good" disappears. Suffice to say there are a lot of games that are 7/10 quality, so whether or not you consider that to be 'good', it is much harder to justify time/money playing a 7/10 game than a 9/10 game.

These days, a 7/10 to me is only really of interest if it is right down my street in terms of genre/theme/features whereas I'd seriously consider buying any 90+ rated game.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Kind of stunned to hear the "Really like the visuals!" or "This game sure has a look!" comments because I feel like this is the most synthesized, aggregated and focus tested version of all the battle royale and arena shooters that have been coming out the last 3 - 4 years (visually). I'm not saying that's how it came to be, but that's exactly what it looks like. This is the modern day version of when every FPS was going for grimdark greyed out colors and brown everywhere.
Sorry, what?
Graffiti samurai, zombie with a robot snake, fire-breathing goth rocker. Basically every body height/shape represented. Characters from multiple different countries. How in the seven planes of hell are you getting "focus tested" from these characters?

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
User warned: Trolling
Yet another MS exclusive that falls short of greatness. Hopefully they improve it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Low 70s is equivalent to a C- grade. That's pretty mediocre.

You do know how grading works, don't you?

I always consider 6's to be mediocre, 7's being flawed but good and enjoyable games, and 8 and above being great to fantastic.

Getting 6's in school was always a bummer and 7's and above a release at least. ;p

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Do people realize that a '7' is still considered a 'good' review and not 'mediocre' as is being proclaimed here?
I remember reading same discussions when Days Gone embargo ended. That game has average score of 71 and according to OpenCritic the game falls more or less in the middle when comparing to other games: "Days Gone is ranked in the 48th percentile of games scored on OpenCritic."

Bleeding Edge seems to have similar review scores. Personally I don't see any issue to describe the critical reception as "mediocre", "average" etc.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

OpenCritic does a decent job with both of these which is great. The numbers themselves then become much less random and the subjective discussion about "is a 7 good" disappears. Suffice to say there are a lot of games that are 7/10 quality, so whether or not you consider that to be 'good', it is much harder to justify time/money playing a 7/10 game than a 9/10 game.

These days, a 7/10 to me is only really of interest if it is right down my street in terms of genre/theme/features whereas I'd seriously consider buying any 90+ rated game.

Yeah, I can agree with this.

Yet another MS exclusive that falls short of greatness. Hopefully they improve it.

To be fair to MS, they've been hitting homeruns lately. With Gears, Age of Empires and Ori.

Dec 31, 2017
Why are people even starting to debate review scores now? So now when I game gets a 7 people decide it's mediocre because it suits their narrative?

7 is a fine score, nothing wrong with that. Small budget title made by a small team, content is lacking but gameplay is fun and game has potential to be updated over time.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Interestingly, Opencritic gives games with 70-ish scores the 'Strong' rating.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
Interestingly, Opencritic gives games with 70-ish scores the 'Strong' rating.
This is not really true.
The OpenCritic rating is based on the percentile ranking of each game's Top Critic Average:

• Mighty: Games averaging in the 90th or above percentile
  • Strong: Games averaging in the 60th to 90th percentile
  • Fair: Games averaging in the 30th to 60th percentile
  • Weak: Games averaging in the bottom 30 percent of games
The Top Critic Average cutoffs happen to be 84 and above, 75-83, 66-74, and 65 and below. Note that, for a game to have a Top Critic Average, it must have at least 3 numeric reviews from top critics.
So low 70s get a fair rating. High 70s get strong.

May 17, 2018
Sorry, what?
Graffiti samurai, zombie with a robot snake, fire-breathing goth rocker. Basically every body height/shape represented. Characters from multiple different countries. How in the seven planes of hell are you getting "focus tested" from these characters?

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, cause like, everything you just said is a perfect example of a focus-tested style. It's covering like, every single base you can cover.

Can't blame them either. Worked for Overwatch.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, cause like, everything you just said is a perfect example of a focus-tested style. It's covering like, every single base you can cover.

Can't blame them either. Worked for Overwatch.

Is having a diverse cast bad?

If someone at Ninja Theory is reading this, A sequel to Kung Fu Chaos is much wanted.

Its amazing Ninja Theory has gone full circle.
First game they developed for Xbox.....and now they are back developing for Xbox.

But seriously.....give us another Kung Fu Chaos game.
Are none of the Ninja Theory team on Resetera? During development of Hellblade they seemed like a really open honest studio I figured atleast one member was on ERA.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
such blatant trolling lmao
I dunno. It irritates me personally. I love that studio (NT) and when they consistently make these fantastic games and then something like this comes out with basically no fanfare or apparent care/purpose AND is not a great game it's not a win for anyone. I don't know why NT suddenly started making this type of game but it's so different from what they are good at. I suppose maybe this was the team that isn't doing H2.

Great games are better for everyone, no? I just wish MS exclusives would, for once, actually make me want to own an Xbox. Especially going into next gen. Not trolling, I've owned their consoles before, but what they put out these days, bar a few exceptions, just seem so pointless.

Honestly, I think it's their pre-production that is out of touch and not worked on enough.

If I look at 360 exclusives and OG exclusives vs now I don't get how they've ended up here. If you're gonna buy a studio like NT they should continue producing at the level they always have.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. It irritates me personally. I love that studio (NT) and when they consistently make these fantastic games and then something like this comes out with basically no fanfare or apparent care/purpose AND is not a great game it's not a win for anyone. I don't know why NT suddenly started making this type of game but it's so different from what they are good at. I suppose maybe this was the team that isn't doing H2.

Great games are better for everyone, no? I just wish MS exclusives would, for once, actually make me want to own an Xbox. Especially going into next gen. Not trolling, I've owned their consoles before, but what they put out these days, bar a few exceptions, just seem so pointless.

Honestly, I think it's their pre-production that is out of touch and not worked on enough.

If I look at 360 exclusives and OG exclusives vs now I don't get how they've ended up here. If you're gonna buy a studio like NT they should continue producing at the level they always have.

The problem you face is when a company is bought if the new owner just comes in and says scrap that and do this it doesnt really set a good precedent.
Fans also constantly want MS to let developers diversify and do something different then when they do they respond with but that sucks so why did you do that.

NewtypeSp

Jun 9, 2018

Are you sure? The team behind this game has always done this kind of game.
You don't know much about the studio.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem you face is when a company is bought if the new owner just comes in and says scrap that and do this it doesnt really set a good precedent.
Fans also constantly want MS to let developers diversify and do something different then when they do they respond with but that sucks so why did you do that.
Let's be real. The user your responding to doesn't actually want diversity. They want the same Sony thing for every game. God forbid a developer make a passion project without people saying why. Because they wanted to that's why

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Low 70s is equivalent to a C- grade. That's pretty mediocre.

You do know how grading works, don't you?

70 percent at university is a first class honours.

We can do this all days if you like.

But better to look at the actual review scales being used and, for almost all of them, 7 literally means Good. Not excellent. Not mediocre. Good.

That said why people are saying it's good. Because it's good.

Good.

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious where you live, since I'm pretty confident that 90-100= A, 80-89= B, 70-79= C, etc. is the standard practice in most places.

A 70 is the minimum passing grades in the states. 69 is where F starts.

Let's be real. The user your responding to doesn't actually want diversity. They want the same Sony thing for every game. God forbid a developer make a passion project without people saying why. Because they wanted to that's why

You are no better than them making such valid generalizations.

Oct 24, 2019
70 percent at university is a first class honours.

We can do this all days if you like.

But better to look at the actual review scales being used and, for almost all of them, 7 literally means Good. Not excellent. Not mediocre. Good.

That said why people are saying it's good. Because it's good.

Good.

When the vast majority of games are in the 7 range, that makes them all mediocre.

Deleted member 64517

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2020

This game would of been on PS4 if MS hadn't acquired them. This isn't something representative of xbox.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Seeing media still saying thing that "it will be great in the long run" after Anthem and Ghost Recon is really, really unprofessional.