Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
This was great seeing all these panels animated(especially the creepy ones with As Nodt and those sound effects 😱)

This episode spans through chapters 500 to 505.

As far as I could tell there were not that many changes everything was almost verbatim to what happened

Except Haschwalth (blonde hair) determining that Byakuya was dead and relaying that to Yhwach

All in all, another great episode, can't wait for the next one!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the backstory in this ep for Yamamoto and his Lt. really made me wish Bleach was always this thoughtful about fleshing out its characters.

It also makes so much more sense in context that Yamamoto is an unflinchingly arrogant old man when it turns out his younger design was essentially Heihachi.

Also, years later I still roll my eyes over Ichigo's equal concern for everyone in the Soul Society, when since day one he should continue to hold a grudge for at least more than half of them.

Like yeah, oh no Rukia, Renji, Kenpachi even, I'll help you guys. Oh, but fuck that guy. And that guy. And...

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Ichigo get worked up and casually chatting to Akon like mates never not funny I don't think they ever talked before

The part that got me was how he was able to identify the Captains just by their rank numbers.

It's honestly one of my biggest criticisms about Bleach; Ichigo should be staunchly opposed to the Soul Society, or at least not so eager to jump to their rescue every time they need it.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
I hope someone makes a gif of that moment when Yama incinerates Driscoll. So good.

lN5Ystu.gif

jnYbVxu.gif

ArbChNX.gif

Last edited:

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the backstory in this ep for Yamamoto and his Lt. really made me wish Bleach was always this thoughtful about fleshing out its characters.

It also makes so much more sense in context that Yamamoto is an unflinchingly arrogant old man when it turns out his younger design was essentially Heihachi.

Also, years later I still roll my eyes over Ichigo's equal concern for everyone in the Soul Society, when since day one he should continue to hold a grudge for at least more than half of them.

Like yeah, oh no Rukia, Renji, Kenpachi even, I'll help you guys. Oh, but fuck that guy. And that guy. And...
I dislike it but it is because of his whole "protector" thing. He becomes the protector to all, even to a bunch of arrogant, unchanging assholes. Which I think is either supposed to show how good of a person Ichigo is or how much he just doesn't care about past drama as long as the people he loves are safe.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The part that got me was how he was able to identify the Captains just by their rank numbers.

It's honestly one of my biggest criticisms about Bleach; Ichigo should be staunchly opposed to the Soul Society, or at least not so eager to jump to their rescue every time they need it.

Nah I get way Ichigo is willing to jump because it's what he does plus they enabled him to get his powers back in Lost Agent Arc so even the old assholes of SS respected Ichigo and owed him a debt for the Aizen mess they failed to handle.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Rescuing/protecting people is all Ichigo has going for him lol, dude's reactive af

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I got admit I never understood why majority of fanbase latched onto the captains ignoring Mayuri,Kenpachi (ahrough his strong fight personality is boring after while) Kommamura and Byakuya the rest have zero personality or even interesting back story. That's not even getting into the Soul Society's morals and scary way they follow old laws blindly. Aizen took over every part of its foundations and controlled the SS for years and they still not changed how they are run.

It's like if One Piece fans latched onto the Marines and Admirals so they got more popular then Straw Hats. Byakuya is basically as bad as Akainu in the SS arc dude was willing kill everyone even his sister for the Law and Akainus whole deal is he believes in the Law he will do anything to up hold it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Mayuri is basically Doctor Mengele. I will admit him being a "hero" after Soul Society is funny because Kubo leans into the fact that he comes off more evil than whoever he is fighting.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think Shinji is just doing laps around SS at this point and the blood on his haori is from running through the middle of all the battles going on while calling people dumbass.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
No way, it's been shown that Ichigo has a level of respect for souls society as a whole, and the same is true the other way around

7wsutBQ.png

KPmfn9o.png

eDxYCpe.png

In the end, he still regards the Gotei 13 as the people who gave him the means to fulfill his one desire in life. This is incredibly important for him, as Ichigo doesn't see meaning in his own existence if he's literally and metaphorically powerless to protect those he wants to keep safe.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got admit I never understood why majority of fanbase latched onto the captains ignoring Mayuri,Kenpachi (ahrough his strong fight personality is boring after while) Kommamura and Byakuya the rest have zero personality or even interesting back story. That's not even getting into the Soul Society's morals and scary way they follow old laws blindly. Aizen took over every part of its foundations and controlled the SS for years and they still not changed how they are run.

It's like if One Piece fans latched onto the Marines and Admirals so they got more popular then Straw Hats. Byakuya is basically as bad as Akainu in the SS arc dude was willing kill everyone even his sister for the Law and Akainus whole deal is he believes in the Law he will do anything to up hold it.

All that primarily matters is the coolness/hotness factor, not a character's morals

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

kc453vv4yax61.png

The only Marine more popular than 1 of the Straw Hats is Smoker and he's one of the "good" ones.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

That's just not how shonen protagonist work, especially not on Bleach's generation. The fantasy of these stories is the underdog being ultimately rewarded for doing the good thing, even when it makes no sense like helping their former enemies. Sometimes with a "Why are you helping us" line.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ichigo's protection boner is indeed really annoying. He was so much more likable in the earlier arcs. Occasionally he'll crack a smile during a fight which I love, but it doesn't happen often enough.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Next episode is going to be crazy as fuck if they are going to cover the whole upcoming Yamamoto fight in one episode. This episode really gave me the chills... and man this is the goriest i've seen Bleach in such a long time. I dont know how this is on disney but damn, lol i'm enjoying watching it every Monday night. Byakuya's defeat is just as crazy as I remember it and As Nodt creepier than the manga for sure.

coastal_1337

Sep 1, 2022
Y'all what the fuck why is this so good? Far better than it had any right to be!

Finished rewatching the original series the other day and jumped into these episodes. Wow. Drastic improvement. Makes me want them to remake the entire series with this level of animation hahah

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Y'all what the fuck why is this so good? Far better than it had any right to be!

Finished rewatching the original series the other day and jumped into these episodes. Wow. Drastic improvement. Makes me want them to remake the entire series with this level of animation hahah

Because even though I always enjoyed Bleach it's always been style over substance now got a art team finally embraces it

Jaymageck

Nov 18, 2017
Toronto
This episode was good. They're really making this arc better than the manga, although to be fair, this was probably the point the manga arc was at its best.

Has the potential to be the one of the best Bleach episodes ever made. Yamamoto's Bankai is one of the moments this arc did deliver on. A few of the animators have been hyping it up on Twitter too. Honestly can't wait. It's probably the main reason I've held out some hope for this arc finally being animated some day.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
Honestly I wonder how much of the arc would improve with the better pacing. Like we probably won't have to sit with everything for weeks like we did when we read it the first time.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Last edited:

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
A small minority of the one piece fandom is like that

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Pyromaniacs gonna have to change their pants multiple times during next week's episode.

The lighting and shadow details look gorgeous

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
This has been far more interesting than the manga. Probably helps that it's been years so I've been allowed to forget the worse parts. It does feel much better re pacing

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This has been far more interesting than the manga. Probably helps that it's been years so I've been allowed to forget the worse parts. It does feel much better re pacing
This part of the manga was as good as the anime.
probably better because they dont seem to be pussyfooting chapters/episodes, things are moving at a good pace....around this time is when Kubo was sick if I recall correctly so chapters were sparce and everything took forever to actually happen.
Its what comes after Juha unlocks his full powers that gets really screwed up. Hell once Juhas royal guard show up things go really sideways
I do like that we got to see more of Chojiros bankai, its drawn weirdly in the manga and even the colored volumes dont help portray that its basically a cage of lightning surrounding the user.

They also finally fixed that his eyes are of the hyuga clan, the original anime wrongly decided to give him normal eyes.

The Fire is one of my favorite Bleach volumes.
I have a strong felling The Fire is gonna be my favorite Bleach episode(s).

RIP Chojiro:
latest

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they pull out all the stops next episode. If there's any TYBW episode that deserves the best possible animation, it's The Fire.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia

View: https://twitter.com/BLEACHanimation/status/1590636472302194688?t=XPHXihHF9YN81bqPicBdIQ&s=19

They are really hyping up this episode (as they should). They even tweeted out the campaign info and link in english.

Small update on this since there was some confusion on twitter. There's a 3,000 goal on the site that only goes up if you go through the website to tweet your comment.
Just tweeting the hashtag from your twitter page doesn't seem to raise it. What do we get when it reaches 3,000? 🤷🏽‍♂️

wCdtH1e.jpg

bleach-anime.com

TVアニメ「BLEACH 千年血戦篇」公式サイト|THE FIRE

「BLEACH 千年血戦篇」の感想をハッシュタグ#THEFIRE_BLEACH感想 #山本元柳斎重國と一緒にツイートしよう!目標の数を達成でデジタルコンテンツをプレゼント!

Also that image on the site may be referencing another image from the manga 🤔

FhPn2_VXgAAEgQS

I hope they pull out all the stops next episode. If there's any TYBW episode that deserves the best possible animation, it's The Fire.

I 100% agree. This and the Kenpachi vs Unohana fight should be the 2 episodes that get the most attention by the animation team imo.

Last edited:

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
If only to make sense of it lol.

Lol indeed.

I wonder if it's Kubo punishing us for making fun of character revealing their powers. So he left us in the dark about her Ban-kai as payback lol. Been almost a decade and people still speculate about it, I pray we get definitive answer🙏🏽.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Just caught up, god I missed Bleach.

EP5 was amazing.

Next EP will top it easily.