• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
Yep. Couldn't believe my self how smooth the character felt.

So is there a lot of platforming and traversal in general or is it more straight-up combat focused? The world being a bit open and explorable makes me think this may have some Metroidvania aspects to it despite it not being marketed as such or anything from what I've seen at least.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a lot of platforming and traversal in general or is it more straight-up combat focused? The world being a bit open and explorable makes me think this may have some Metroidvania aspects to it despite it not being marketed as such or anything from what I've seen at least.

I'd say there is a good balance between the two. But yeah there is platforming also you need to find relics to reach new places a la Metroidvania, also the world is not a bit open is full open since the beginning of the game there are various routes that you can take some more difficult than others but Feels rewarding. Also there are secrets, secret areas. The combat is really good, feels good and engaging.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd say there is a good balance between the two. But yeah there is platforming also you need to find relics to reach new places a la Metroidvania, also the world is not a bit open is full open since the beginning of the game there are various routes that you can take some more difficult than others but Feels rewarding. Also there are secrets, secret areas. The combat is really good, feels good and engaging.

Sounds fucking great. Will wait for some reviews as always, personal policy, but picking this up right away if they're decent.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I didn't realize there were betas etc.

Movement and combat felt good when you tried it out? Would love some impressions if you don't mind.
Yes, there were two (perhaps more) betas at least. I backed this on KS so I got into the basic beta, I didn't think at the time I would but earlier this year they just decided to send it to me. I can't recall any exact details, afraid it has been a bit and my memory isn't great. But I did find the movements of the main character to be pleasingly smooth. You could easily chain together runs, jumps and slides and you have a real hefty large weapon which was satisfying to smack right into the enemies you ran across.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is this an ARPG, or a straight-up action game?
I'll buy it if it's the former, but probably skip if it's the latter.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
This lools too good imho.

Just for the pixel art and animations deserves my purchase. (And it looks fricking fun gameplay wise)

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This said September 26th in the indie video, then I go to the eshop and see September 10th

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
iS2gxRp.png

d1amonddogs

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Man, this game looks good. Glad I backed it way back when. The lore is pretty wild as Hu3 had mentioned earlier. Penitent one's sword is a physical manifestation of guilt called Mea Culpa. I think the religion & a few other names changed throughout development, so not sure if that's up to date. So excited for the next beta on 8/30

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Is everything coming out in fucking September?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Looks soooo good and the price is great!

^^^that Bloodborne ladder slide is amazing, lmao!

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I hope it's better than Death's Gambit. Looks similar.
Ditto. Death's Gambit was a real shellshock in that regard with how badly the concept could be missed, so I'm really wary of this one. Will most likely end up waiting til afterwards to check this out after getting some impressions, I actually don't feel too comfortable blind supporting this because of DG, haha.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Ditto. Death's Gambit was a real shellshock in that regard with how badly the concept could be missed, so I'm really wary of this one. Will most likely end up waiting til afterwards to check this out after getting some impressions, I actually don't feel too comfortable blind supporting this because of DG, haha.

I've rarely crossed my fingers this fucking hard in the past few years that a game will actually turn out as good as it looks haha...I need this one to be good damnit.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Man I really wish they would've released the game before, in July or August....September is just too packed :/

Control, Man of Medan, Greedfall, Borderlands 3, The Surge 2, Code Vein...and now Blasphemous, ugh

I already preordered Man of Medan and Borderlands, and really wanted to pick up Greedfall and either The Surge 2 or Code Vein, depending on the reviews.

I'll pick it up if there's some kind of discount on release though, like there were last year with Chasm/Dead Cells/Death's Gambit

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I can't think of a game more up my alley if I tried; blood-soaked dark fantasy with insane 2d sprite work. It looks like the mostly finely-tuned Sega CD game - and I mean that as a compliment.

I just hope the gameplay is good. From the trailer, it looks like it could go either way.

Youtube trailer: