• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
NG+ is great news, and now I'm glad i didn't spend much time trying to get the 100%, given those qol improvements (more teleport points should help with the tedious traversal). If only we could pin information to the map too.

Looking forward to it.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I asked in another thread and got no response, but, how does this run on Switch?

It's on sale and I've been meaning to pick it up, and this is as good a time as any, but I'll wait for a better sale on PC if the Switch performance isn't up to scratch.

It runs perfectly.

Don't sleep on this. This game has been overlooked and is one of the best Metroidvanias to date. It is much smaller in scope compared to something like Hollow Knight, and the emphasis is more on short challenges and encounters and mastering each room rather than long bouts of exploration.

The soundtrack is also one of the best of 2019.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Just as a warning...think of rooms in this similar to something like Shovel Knight or Volgar the Viking. Short, quick challenges that demand mastering the platforming and different enemy types. Checkpoints are fairly close to each other, but you will die along the way. Generally, death feels far less punishing than Hollow Knight though since the paths are relatively straightforward and you're probably not going to lose sight of where you were headed. You'll just dust yourself off and try again.

That being said, I still got to a point where I wasn't sure how to progress. Hopefully the QoL features make it a bit more approachable this time around. I'll be playing through fully once it's updated, because even though I didn't finish it, it's truly one of my favorite games of 2019. It offered something different than most Metroidvanias out there, and I really enjoy the melancholic beauty of the game.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
So for the extra quests and dlc content you have to be in NG+ True Calvary? That what it sounded like from an article I just read. Never beat it and had been thinking about jumping back in and this seems like a perfect opportunity to.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I gave this game up after about an hour. Maybe I'll give it another try after this update hits. I love the genre, but the game just didn't hook me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I didn't start it yet. Looms amazing but I heard some mixed impressions on it.

Feels like almost every game gets an "enhanced" version around one year after release nowadays....

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Everything about this game is really, really good except for the map layout. It isn't very exciting to explore and I felt going from point A to point B in the latter half to be straight up boring. I'm hoping some new areas will flesh out the map enough, obviously new warp points will be helpful. I have no doubt everything else added will be quality.

Also a Spanish voice track will be dope.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, I bought this when it launched but ended up not playing it all that much. I was actually thinking about giving it another go recently, so I'll definitely wait for this.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Gonna buy this later following the advice in this thread, but is it recommended I wait for this August update before I start playing?

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
But this would be the right time to buy it, even if you are going to play it later. It's 50% off on the eShop.

www.dekudeals.com

Blasphemous | Deku Deals

Blasphemous - on sale now for 60% off. Compare all the current prices, see histories, and get deal alerts for the next sale at Deku Deals
Alright, ya got me. I just d/l'ed the demo and played yesterday. Great game. I was trying to clear out old games but it's hard to ignore for 12 bucks.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Will they buff the spells/skills? Personally, I thought they were pretty bad compared to just hack' n slashin' enemies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Will they buff the spells/skills? Personally, I thought they were pretty bad compared to just hack' n slashin' enemies.

That looks to be the case, this is one of the things the update includes:
Balance changes including: Buffed Prayers, Rosary Bead & Sword Heart updates plus enemy tweaks!

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Is this game for me?

I don't enjoy metroidvania too much if it's too big/a lot of downtimes like Hollow Knight.
Sound effect and soundtrack is very important for me, and i love what I heard from the console announcement trailer and this DLC trailer.
I'm surprised by the MC score, what's up with this game?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game for me?

I don't enjoy metroidvania too much if it's too big/a lot of downtimes like Hollow Knight.
Sound effect and soundtrack is very important for me, and i love what I heard from the console announcement trailer and this DLC trailer.
I'm surprised by the MC score, what's up with this game?

Much tighter pacing than Hollow Knight. Though you may still wander at times without a guide, as I did. The soundtrack is phenomenal if you enjoy an OST like Diablo 1/2, though this has a bit more melody to it.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Somehow I can't wrap my head around the fact, it's from them too and keep forgetting it. Whenever it's brought up, I'm surprised anew. XD
(And Last Door is indeed a great lovecraftian PnC.)
Yes, what surprised me is how coming from a good but extremely classic adventure game, they've delivered a a near perfect execution on the metroidvania genre. That said I didn't completed it because it's really demanding.

Maculo

Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I really liked Blasphemous. I went in a bit scared because of the few negative comments I read and also because of the supposed difficulty and weird platforming.... I didn't experience none. I played it February, so it was already fully patched, and the game ran fine, the difficulty was perfectly tolerable and the platforming nothing to really worry about. I had a great experience and the setting, music and art design is really something!! Super great game if you are into the genre!!!

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I really liked Blasphemous. I went in a bit scared because of the few negative comments I read and also because of the supposed difficulty and weird platforming.... I didn't experience none. I played it February, so it was already fully patched, and the game ran fine, the difficulty was perfectly tolerable and the platforming nothing to really worry about. I had a great experience and the setting, music and art design is really something!! Super great game if you are into the genre!!!

I only tried the demo but, yeah, I don't see any of those issues in it

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, what surprised me is how coming from a good but extremely classic adventure game, they've delivered a a near perfect execution on the metroidvania genre. That said I didn't completed it because it's really demanding.
I think the most frustrating thing about the game are the side-quests, most of them are really obscure in what you gotta do and when you gotta do it. It's nearly impossible to complete them without a guide of some sort. In general, the game is fantastic, the main quest will keep you enganged for 20ish hours.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Well now.

Time to jump back in. Reviewed this thing the highest I've rated anything in past few years.

When a game clicks with you its bliss.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I asked in another thread and got no response, but, how does this run on Switch?

It's on sale and I've been meaning to pick it up, and this is as good a time as any, but I'll wait for a better sale on PC if the Switch performance isn't up to scratch.

smoothly for the most part but there are slight hitches here and there, which would be fine in most games but for something like Blasphemous I personally decided that it was not going to cut it. been waiting for a sale on PS4 so I can start over again.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
so basically new content,as well as a more polished base game experience.

Excellent for new and old fans alike

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been said in the thread yet, but it's worth noting this game is currently on sale on PSN.

Going to be buying it myself, and playing it when the update goes live. looks great.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got this on Switch but didn't get very far.

Is it better if I started fresh to take advantage of all the new content, or is it meant to be late-game super hard dungeon stuff?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So this was on sale on PSN. Picked it up. Should I start it now or just wait for the 4th when the DLC drops?

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I was waiting for the Spanish dub, and for what I have heard is 10/10. So going to play it soon.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
argh, I 100%d this like two months ago. I will definitely come back, it'll just be a little less exciting due to how soon it is.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Waiting for this update, stopped playing last week after reading about it. I'm like 4-5 hours in.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 60% into the PS4 version and really loving it this time (got to 50% last year on Switch).

hyped for the update (midnight eastern?), it will be interesting to notice the changes as everything is fresh in my mind. well what I've seen of Cvstodia at least.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see a revised review of this game once this update drops. Seems like it fixes a lot of issues.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Wow, those Spanish VAs sound great. Feels like Spanish audio should be the "default" due to the setting, but please correct me if this comment comes across as ignorant or offensive. I really liked what I heard of the English VO from what I played, and I intend to return to the game once the update hits.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me that I still haven't killed the final boss. I tried like 6 times and got frustrated and never come back.
This looks like a perfect opportunity to play de DLC and then finish the game. Great!!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
when does the update drop? I'll probably pick this up