Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Literally lost millions of dollars by not having the name of the character that made all of this possible in the title.

What were they thinking?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy to see that happen so fast.

Not all that surprising, but I don't know if it'll really help much at this point.

Jun 17, 2019
One thing people forget is that birds if Prey is typically associated with Babs orBatgirl. Having neither Babs or Batgirl in there -and Cassandra, while yes is typically aBatgirl, in here she is not,.

So no bat to grab on, and most want Harley with Pam. So no poison ivy and no Batgirl leads to non comic fans going, confused.

SlamminSam

Mar 9, 2018
If this doesn't tell you that WB isn't happy with the box office of this movie, I don't know what will.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why they're not willing to just take the L on this because they actually have a great flick on their hands that honestly should've done much better.

God, this bums me out.

Jun 17, 2019
Agreed, it should have been Harley's title, over BOP, but given they may want to lead into a regular BOP, well, could have done it better with the title. Movie is really quality, from what I hear, but I dont know if Harley lends herself as well to the deadpool luke 4th wall jokes.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
One thing people forget is that birds if Prey is typically associated with Babs orBatgirl. Having neither Babs or Batgirl in there -and Cassandra, while yes is typically aBatgirl, in here she is not,.

So no bat to grab on, and most want Harley with Pam. So no poison ivy and no Batgirl leads to non comic fans going, confused.
I am STILL struggling to understand why this is a Birds of Prey movie and not just Gotham City Sirens.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It's not on the level of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call or Live. Die. Repeat, but it'll do.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I can't believe they only just now thought to do this.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the R rating that's keeping a good portion of the people who like HQ and who liked SS out.
That certainly hasn't helped. Not every movie needs to be Deadpool or Joker
Wasn't HQ one of the reasons why Suicide Squad did numbers? Though, I guess you can argue that it was the "reintroduction" of Harley into live action which drawn a lot of eyes
It wasn't called Harley Quinn: Suicide Squad. People didn't go see it for Harley, she was just the only good part of it and became a really popular Halloween costume. I feel like WB misunderstood that at some point.

Not to say that her character can't be popular. It's just the entire point of a breakout character is that it's unexpected. Harley didn't drive Suicide Squad's initial box office.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
giphy.gif

New name is apparently for display/search purposes only for vendors and theaters, name isn't changing anywhere else

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It seems not an actual name change for the movie, more... a change to make it easier for marquees/online searches

grand

Oct 25, 2017

I am STILL struggling to understand why this is a Birds of Prey movie and not just Gotham City Sirens.
To be fair, the Birds of Prey title never made sense even in the comics. Black Canary is the only main bird and a canary is certainly not a Bird of Prey. Probably why the group name didn't pop up until deep in the initial run.

And Hollywood isn't going to get near Oracle due to her origins.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not for nothing, but I would have titled it Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey from the get go. I mean, we all know who was the draw for the average, non-comic reading moviegoer.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Now they should use the Birds of Prey title for a "real" Birds of Prey movie in the future lol....

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Should just name it Harley Quinn, the people who care about the Birds of Prey will realize this is their origin story.