StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Dumb question: If I left the PC demo installed, Will Origin push an update, or is it essentially a whole new client?

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the loading screen that took you out of the game right when you were to kill the boss at the end of the stronghold was the most egregious shit I saw last time, hopefully that's been fixed this time.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get better performance from the 1X this time. I played both PS4 Pro and 1X and was surprised that Pro was noticebly better in terms of performance. I had intended to get this game on the 1X when it launches so hopefully we see better performance this time.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get better performance from the 1X this time. I played both PS4 Pro and 1X and was surprised that Pro was noticebly better in terms of performance. I had intended to get this game on the 1X when it launches so hopefully we see better performance this time.
Dont think we see alot of difference. We did get a small update today but i doubt it had any performance stuff and was more about the bugs.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Game screams issue to me. It needs more time.
If your developers are literally stressing their ass off to fix the issues and get the demo ready, it needs more time.

Seriously, delay it.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I was the only one with that bug but for whatever reason the last day of the demo I couldn't quit any expedition. Super annoying as I had to alt+f4 to quit the game and then maybe run into the infinite loading bug when relaunching the game. I really hope it'll go smoother this weekend.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
If your developers are literally stressing their ass off to fix the issues and get the demo ready, it needs more time.

Seriously, delay it.
This is also a way older version of the game, and most of these issues appear to be related to the demo only.

Feb 3, 2018
This is also a way older version of the game, and most of these issues appear to be related to the demo only.

The fact you only get one chance to make a first impression and if the full game build runs flawless (highly doubt it) but let's say for the sake of argument it does then releasing such a buggy mess of a "demo" is not doing EA any favors.

The skepticism towards EA in general after the last couple of years with fuckup after fuckup has plenty of people concerned with this game.

They need to get this game right

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
This demo did so much damage imo, it was better for them if they didn't have it. Being this bad technically this close to launch is not a good idea and they didn't even call it beta, stress test or something, "VIP demo"? ouch.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Did some people here play the demo or they just talking after what they read on the internet?
They game is not a buggy mess. Far from it and i also played the Fallout beta. And its not even close.
Sure the game had some server issues mostly and indeed the loading bug. But overall the game and when you were in the game it was pretty good.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm definitely giving the game another chance in the open demo, but if I don't get to play I'm not gonna play in release either.
Restarting client fixed it. You wont even tried that?
I don't know about that, even restarting my computer didn't fix that. Got the single player hub easy (only once it didn't work either), but never to the mission itself.
Did some people here play the demo or they just talking after what they read on the internet?
They game is not a buggy mess. Far from it and i also played the Fallout beta. And its not even close.
Sure the game had some server issues mostly and indeed the loading bug. But overall the game and when you were in the game it was pretty good.
Yeah I've heard some positive comments from friends who played it. So I wouldn't mind jumping along with them. The flying seems way fun.

Feb 3, 2018

Rubberbanding, guns feel awkward, texture issues, performance issues, fell through the world a couple of times etc etc there is plenty to fix here so let's not even go there.

Basicly frostbite engine problems many of these issues are still not fixed in Battlefield which uses the same engine.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
So the infinite loading is basically fixed, and you don't need to suscribe today to get the early access. Nice comms there bw.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite loading was just the tip of the iceberg for me as far as aspects of this game that irked me. The mid-mission loading screens are laughably bad and shouldn't exist in a 2019 western AAA game.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Did they fix the infinite loading issue?

I couldnt get a single game in. I cant believe it wasnt affecting everyone.

They did not fix it for the VIP demo, though everyone seemed to run into it at random frequencies. I was playing on PC with my roomie and we ran into the infinite load 3 or 4 times each during about 6 hours of play. Every time we alt+f4'd, ended Origin then rebooted the game and were able to get back in, it was annoying but never a huge deal for us. The infinite load never occurred multiple times in a row though.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
One silly issue I had with the game, from the little I got to play around in the hub area. The footsteps of the character, it was this fast stomping. As if the character's legs were really short or something. It's definitely just a nitpick, but it still bothered me. Can be heard here in example https://youtu.be/pCDwvhMZTVM?t=185 It's just doesn't sound like natural footsteps. Not something to skip the game for, yet distracting.
Infinite loading was just the tip of the iceberg for me as far as aspects of this game that irked me. The mid-mission loading screens are laughably bad and shouldn't exist in a 2019 western AAA game.
Why not in Western specifically? Why is it acceptable elsewhere?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Wich other ones? The rubberbanding i said about the server issues. Performance isnt a bug. And texture streaming issues i hadnt heard off before.
performance is a bug when a rig with 1070\8600k\16 gb ddr4 3200 can't hit rock solid 60 frames at 1080p even with many details scaled down.
the last game with similar performance on my pc was quantum break windows store version...

the graphic is not good enough for this bad performance.
and i've no problem with other demanding games so is not my pc...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
performance is a bug when a rig with 1070\8600k\16 gb ddr4 3200 can't hit rock solid 60 frames at 1080p even with many details scaled down...
the last game with similar performance on my pc was quantum break windows store version...

the graphic is not good enough for this bad performance.
and i've no problem with other demanding games so is not my pc...
Or that is called optimization.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Their internal build is much better than the demo build that it makes me kinda sad that first impressions will be botched.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Or that is called optimization.
still not a good impressions, don't you think? i don't care if you call it bug or lack of optimisation, the point i make is the same and it's pretty clear.

re2 remake demo was running at 4k30 frames full details on my pc like the final game, that was a very good impression.

(sorry for my english)

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
As annoying as the infinite loading screen was dropping out of the game client and then loading up and selecting to Rejoin My existing Expedition had an almost perfect fix rate for me.

As long as i can work around that issue it doesn't bother me too much. I would love to not see it all of course but at least it's not keeping completely out of the game for the most part.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One silly issue I had with the game, from the little I got to play around in the hub area. The footsteps of the character, it was this fast stomping. As if the character's legs were really short or something. It's definitely just a nitpick, but it still bothered me. Can be heard here in example https://youtu.be/pCDwvhMZTVM?t=185 It's just doesn't sound like natural footsteps. Not something to skip the game for, yet distracting.

Why not in Western specifically? Why is it acceptable elsewhere?
I won't say Japanese developers can't make polished open world experiences because there's MGSV and BOTW, but there a lots of high profile Japanese developers who have put similar fatal technical flaws in their games.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018

Seriously, delay it.

A lot of these fixes are already in the final build of the game. They are having to fix them for the demo because the demo is based off an older build.

I'm sure some of the networking issues they are fixing will end being pushed into the final build, but just because the demo is missing 6+ weeks of QA and polish doesn't mean the final build still requires fixing (considering it had 6+ weeks of QA and polish).

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Their communication is fantastic, kodus in that regard. That said, i really need some more time to try the demo and make a descision, hardly had time to play the VIP demo due to the infinite loading screen bug, crashss and other ridicilous stuff

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Yeah... seeing these was pretty shocking to me, I went in fully expecting a seamless open world. It isn't at all. That first one where you fly into a cave and then suddenly taken into a loading screen (without knowing where you are or where your friends are) was just awful. I would be fine with loading doors to new areas (like Borderlands 2) but they are randomly placed and have no warning. Feels like the scope was dramatically lowered during development and the seamless open world had to be cut back considerably, and now we're left with this.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah... seeing these were pretty shocking to me, I went in fully expecting a seamless open world. It isn't at all. That first one where you fly into a cave and then suddenly taken into a loading screen (without knowing where you are or where your friends are) was just awful. I would be fine with loading doors to new areas (Borderlands 2 kinda) but they are randomly placed and have no warning.

Because those are instanced areas where they have story telling, and also in free play they're basically mini-dungeons. You should explore one sometime.

If you look at the map you'll see an icon that looks like a cave or something like it, that indicates an instance. Out of that is completely open world, so yes it IS SEAMLESS.

g4k0oydg06811.png

Elder Scrolls Online does this as well, I guess people didn't have a problem with it?!