Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Dreadwolf was 10 times better. That logo doesn't look good.

Also yeah, ditch the The.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Dude Dreadwolf sounded so badass and served as a reminder of the cool reveal at the end of Inquisition. What a strange decision.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I don't hate it, it does sound more fantastical, but I thought Dreadwolf was a really good title

But maybe they don't want it as hyper-focused on (DAI spoilers) Solas and him driving the plot

What was the old name? This is fine.

Dreadwolf? Come on, that's the same tier of lame let's be real.

That logo is ass though.

Dreadwolf ties really well into the Trespasser DLC, some of the absolute best content Bioware has ever made.

Tobor

Died as he lived: wrong about Doritos
Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Name change justification:

Each of the seven unique characters that make up your companions will have deep and compelling storylines where the decisions you make will impact your relationships with them – as well as their lives. You'll unite this team of unforgettable heroes as you take on a terrifying new threat unleashed on the world. Naturally, the Dread Wolf still has an important part in this tale, but you and your companions – not your enemies – are the heart of this new experience.

So, to capture what this game is all about, we changed the name as the original title didn't show just how strongly we feel about our new heroes, their stories and how you'll need to bring them together to save all of Thedas.

That's all fine, but pick a better group name. Veilguard sucks.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Dreadwolf was a shit name but having The in front of Veilguard makes this worse. Dragon Age: Veilguard rolls off the tongue better.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
"Origins"
"DA2"
"Inquisition"
"Dreadwolf"

What do we call this one shorthand? TVG? lol. I ain't typing out The Veilguard every time.

Not the best name. But I'm already over it. Just gimme a good Dragon Age game.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, bad name change. Now it just sounds like an expansion. Dreadwolf was way better.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate it, it does sound more fantastical, but I thought Dreadwolf was a really good title

But maybe they don't want it as hyper-focused on (DAI spoilers) Solas and him driving the plot

Dreadwolf ties really well into the Trespasser DLC, some of the absolute best content Bioware has ever made.
That's fair but idk it gives me real Wildcat vibes.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
needed to learn from this

tumblr_mnnhuihYQl1rwpv3bo2_250.gif

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll make sense with context (whereas Dreadwolf already had context since that's, you know, Solas), but what worries me is this:

DAI's biggest plot issue imo is that the great hook at the end of DA2 is completely thrown aside in the first third of DAI. We still have no hint of where/what the Warden is really doing now. And with DA4, the title Dreadwolf was a decent indication that maybe they would be carrying the narrative forward this time. By changing it away from Dreadwolf, it makes me worried that we'll deal with Solas early in the game and then start up some new bullshit that won't go anywhere.

Deleted member 17031

User requested account closure
Banned
May 18, 2024
This year is a legendary one for bad names.

Dragon Age The Veilguard
Assassins Creed Shadows
Avowed
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
Sonic x Shadow Generations
Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm sure it'll make sense in the context of the game, but man... kind of a downgrade. Dreadwolf just sounds so much better.