• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
Hard pass. Already wasn't impressed by anything but its goofy charm and was hoping it'd turn that around into a surprise hit. The combat especially looked pretty shit from the get-go. Gonna forget about this one.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will most definitely play this game unless it gets under 60 OC or something, and even then, I'd probably still play it, but only after it has gone on sale.

I need more open games like this.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
I hope they make enough money to at least have a crack at another one and build on what they have.
I think for most people this now goes into the "wait for a sale" or "wait for gamepass" pile.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Gamekult gave it a 6/10.

While Experiment 101 was able to design a game with rich and solid systems, the Swedish studio shot itself in the foot by venturing into the open world game design. Because an open world without any density, populated by completely insipid NPCs and whose fate is totally indifferent to us because of a lack of stakes, of a neat narrative or of somewhat well written side quests, is only a wasteland in which it is difficult to get involved, and where it will be even more difficult to stay for a long time. And it's a pity because Biomutant's successful and harmonious combat, evolution and equipment manufacturing systems would have deserved a more lively field of expression. Instead, the appeal of the exploration relies only on our desire to grow stronger, which inevitably dulls once the main adventure is over.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
The wonderful news is that because the game isn't exclusive, the review thread can remain civil regardless of what the Meta ends up at.

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like a game with good bones but too much fat.

I wonder if THQ will give the studio a chance to improve the IP with a sequel. A sort of Nier --> Nier: Automata rebirth. But, it also sucks that I'm already discussing a sequel to remedy the ills of a game that just came out.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
If it walks, runs and quacks like a mid, its a mid.

4vHdaBb.png

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Quite a bit lower than expected. But maybe also the type of game where actually reading and understanding why the reviewers disliked it might be more important.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Already seen folks on the Biomutant sub tearing reviews apart for complaining about repetitive quests. "It's an RPG, what did you expect?" Nah man, we have to do better than that.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Already seen folks on the Biomutant sub tearing reviews apart for complaining about repetitive quests. "It's an RPG, what did you expect?" Nah man, we have to do better than that.
Too many people just decide to like games before they've played them, and get real defensive if anything challenges that

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
My review just went up. I gave it a 6/10. Neat open world and characters, but it feels incredibly dated gameplay-wise. A lot of jank and copy-paste stuff. The campaign is very short (8-10 hours if you go critical path and use fast travel) but even then it's very repetitive. Played a bit of the side missions but it all seems very generic fetch quest-style and therefore quite forgettable.

www.flickeringmyth.com

Video Game Review – Biomutant

Shaun Munro reviews Biomutant… Experiment 101’s action-RPG Biomutant, self-styled as a “post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable,” has been in development since 2015, the alternately impressive and infuriating result of just 20 employees toiling away for the last six years. It’s tough to deny that the...
That Frobes guy must have managed to wring water out of stone then if he somehow put 75 hours into a 10+ hour campaign.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Kinda what I expected. Really gave off the AA vibe. I would still totally play the game at like the $10 price point.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you couldn't tell from the trailers that this was not going to be a good game, then I don't even know what to tell you. Easiest prediction ever.

It's a shame because I would love a great game playing as an animal, there aren't that many these days.

Kane1345

Senior QA, Starbreeze Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, was hoping it would review better. Will wait for gamepass or sale.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Shame as this looked good from the previews. The fact they did a hands off just a couple of weeks ago was never a good sign.

This is why you don't pre order folks, I learned the hard way in the past.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I didn't expect an open world that try to squeeze everything in 2021.
At least I know I won't play it then. It's a shame, there is room for that kind of combat (but probably not in an OW).