• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Goddamn I cannot wait for this movie. The cast is incredible, the original writers are on-board, and the world just NEEDS Wyld Stallyns

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
2 is a better overall movie, 1 is a sort of period piece IMO. More about highschool etc.
Plus 2's ending is perfect.

Edit: waitwaitwatiwatiwawiawiatiait....

Die-Hard-2-william-sadler-26687385-960-540.jpg

This guy from Die hard 2 was Death?!?!?

I need to sit down for a second.

He lives near me. I met him on a train about two years ago and he was the nicest guy ever. He took a pic with me and listened to me fanboy out. I told him he made my year, to which he replied "I hope not", lol.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about a movie that manages to make the ageless Keanu Reeves look old.

EDIT: I'm mostly kidding. Come on, it's Bill and Ted, I am there day one.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get "In time" stuck in my head every time I see this thread. Maybe it's a product of being like 7 when this movie came out, but that future scene is still one of the positive and genuine moments in any movie to me. I loved that song as a kid.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I get "In time" stuck in my head every time I see this thread. Maybe it's a product of being like 7 when this movie came out, but that future scene is still one of the positive and genuine moments in any movie to me. I loved that song as a kid.
A friend of mine got married on Halloween this year and "In Time" was their fast dance 😁

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they get to be de-aged through VFX and visit their younger selves...

From a 2018 Ed Solomon Interview:
"There's actually a scene – one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie – where middle-aged, 50-year-old Bill and Ted return to the Circle K and see their teen selves and Rufus, and actually interact with their teenage selves, played by their actual teenage selves." Adding, "They return to that scene at the Circle K when Bill and Ted first meet themselves, only now they're watching their younger selves and looking at the exuberance and joy that they had at that time in their lives. And they see Rufus, they see George Carlin..."

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I wish George Carlin was part of this.

He is sorely missed... especially in this climate.

The images look great, but it still freaks me out to see Keanu so old.

Love seeing the girl from Atypical.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Still no trailer, but a new still and synopsis/blurb released today here. Looks like their daughters might be DJs?

"After an excellent 1989 adventure and a bogus 1991 journey, happy-go-lucky time-traveling dudes Bill (Alex Winter) and Ted (Keanu Reeves) are now middle-aged BFFs who need to fulfill their destiny and write a song that will save the universe. Thankfully, when time and space come unglued, help arrives courtesy of their loving teen children, Ted's daughter Billie (Brigitte Lundy-Paine) and Bill's kid Thea (Samara Weaving). "They do everything together, finish each other's sentences," director Dean Parisot says of the girls. "And they're musically brilliant, almost savants when it comes to knowing every single thing about music throughout history. So they're sort of fantastic, crazy geniuses.""

GsvmoIL.jpg

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Oooo, nice find on the new picture and info! I've been waiting for this movie to be made practically my entire life. I've been following its development for like a decade.

Oct 27, 2017
The daughters will definitely be the key to writing the song. Either they literally write it, collaborate with their dads, or are at least the inspiration. Gonna make me cry.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The daughters will definitely be the key to writing the song. Either they literally write it, collaborate with their dads, or are at least the inspiration. Gonna make me cry.

I love this idea, but at the same time, it's gonna be hard for them to have an actual song that lives up to the imagination behind the lore.