Status
Not open for further replies.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Please do not excuse Josh's terrible behavior with an "it's just an act excuse." That is the same thing people say to excuse hateful people like Alex Jones. Even if you truly believe this is all an act, consider impact vs intent and even then, I frankly don't know what possible good intent there is behind being blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic and generally hateful.
Yep, like I said that is what I wanted to believe because I do enjoy the content of his associates, such as Roger. But then I saw Josh's twitter.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Andre, thank you for finally dunking on this fool. Respect to you for keeping drama off your channel and handling it this way.

Roger, I love your content -- even with Josh -- but boy, I hope you can get through to him.

Josh, you are better than this. I enjoy your discussion videos with Roger even though you would probably have me deported, lol. I find your racy and absurd humor to be entertaining, but I have always seen it as parody. I never followed your Twitter though, and some of that is pretty bad, even if this is all just part of your act / schtick.

an act?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Please do not excuse Josh's terrible behavior with an "it's just an act excuse." That is the same thing people say to excuse hateful people like Alex Jones. Even if you truly believe this is all an act, consider impact vs intent and even then, I frankly don't know what possible good intent there is behind being blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic and generally hateful.

There is an old expression I use at work (started within the past year as a CPA) "fake it until you become it" which is what I tell myself almost every day when I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

If I apply this same logic to """""actors"""" like Josh or Alex then I have to assume they're faking being bigoted because they want to become truly bigots but realize how much of a fuck that makes them. If anything that makes the even more pathetic, sad, and unworthy of attention. People who enable these people like Roger are even more atrocious for attempting to normalize their attitudes by associating with them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Josh was a racist bigot from the days he used to do vlogs with Rogersbase*, but yeowch. I hadn't realised just how deep he got into the alt-right memes and shit.

*Roger is cool tho

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
What boggles me most in this thread is the people acting like Andre did something wrong by doing nothing but posting screen caps of Josh's own tweets in context of "why do you not do content with him anymore" after years of getting blasted by Josh in videos and by his social media followers. In some ways I feel this centrism "both sides are at fault" bull shit is even more disgusting and damaging then the actual racists because this essentially co-ops their horrible behavior.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Geting into lengthy time consuming quarrels with idiots makes you an idiot.
giphy.gif

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Roger's defense of him is weird too since it sounds like all he's saying is that Josh is of the cowardly racist variety. Only willing to spew his garbage when he's safe behind a computer screen like a punk.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Don't give that trash the time of day. He didn't "expose" anything his racism was obvious from the start. Geting into lengthy time consuming quarrels with idiots makes you an idiots.

Not everyone keeps track of every single word that a person says. An exposé is an explicit and concerted unveiling of the truth, which is what Andre did. That's not the same as individual people realizing that Josh was a bigot.

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listen, if someone says, "In china they eat dogs but their problem is micro-sized dicks" you shouldn't bring that person to the public eye. Anyone can tell he is racist (which is why I assume he was banned), just let that racism die out in a ditch don't saturate it with direct public eye. It attracts all sorts of people.

Geez.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What boggles me most in this thread is the people acting like Andre did something wrong by doing nothing but posting screen caps of Josh's own tweets in context of "why do you not do content with him anymore" after years of getting blasted by Josh in videos and by his social media followers. In some ways I feel this centrism "both sides are at fault" bull shit is even more disgusting and damaging then the actual racists because this essentially co-ops their horrible behavior.
both sides are idiots both sides are idiots! both sides both...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Roger's defense of him is weird too since it sounds like all he's saying is that Josh is of the cowardly racist variety. Only willing to spew his garbage when he's safe behind a computer screen like a punk.
Yeah. Not to mention, that most likely the whole reason Josh is nice around Roger is because he's a cis white dude. Roger really needs to take a step back and reevaluate things without bringing his friendship with Josh into it.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Which, in my opinion, completely invalidates his "good person in real life". If you spout this nonsense online, it just tells me you're a fake person in real life and expose you'r true colors online.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ignore them. He's adding fuel to the fire. People who love this racist aren't going to change and get more aggressive. The opposite side already knows what he is. This is going to end up making the racist guy even more popular among racists and thats about it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ignore them. He's adding fuel to the fire. People who love this racist aren't going to change and get more aggressive. The opposite side already knows what he is. This is going to end up making the racist guy even more popular among racists and thats about it.
Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it.

Who gives a shit if a racist is popular with racists.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"your God and faith are garbage my friend"

what a douche

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Don't give that trash the time of day. He didn't "expose" anything his racism was obvious from the start. Getting into lengthy time consuming quarrels with idiots makes you an idiot.

They blocked and ignored him for 2 years, but he kept shit talking them and getting his goon fan base to go after GX. This mixed with many GX fans who were not in the knowing constantly asking "why don't you work with Josh anymore" eventually you HAVE to do something. Clearly ignoring Josh WASN'T working, and sure enough GX likely just got far more people on their side by what they did today over continuing to do the same uneffective ignore strategy.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
They blocked and ignored him for 2 years, but he kept shit talking them and getting his goon fan base to go after GX. This mixed with many GX fans who were not in the knowing constantly asking "why don't you work with Josh anymore" eventually you HAVE to do something. Clearly ignoring Josh WASN'T working, and sure enough GX likely just got far more people on their side by what they did today over continuing to do the same uneffective ignore strategy.

Bingo

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im against prosecuting someone online for having different views and all but holy moly did he write some vile shit.

i personally enjoyed his very early videos where he seemed genuinly excited about games but that turned into a pretty bossy attitude and i just quit watching

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Oh shit, this guy solved racism. All this time I thought pushing back against it was the thing to do, but I guess if we ignore it it'll just go away.

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Banned for this post and prior posts in the thread.Downplaying racism. Junior account.
Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it.

Who gives a shit if a racist is popular with racists.

Reiterating his tweets to the public doesn't help anything either. If that guy was a secret racist who pretended to be something and got exposed to the world that helps. But this guy is literally retweeting that guy's older tweets to the public which everyone knew about and is the reason he got banned. How is that exposing him? The guy exposed himself. Andre or whatever literally just made some racist bait by compiling all that shit.

Ignoring is better than doing something that doesn't help the cause in any way but provokes excitable assholes to get even more vicious.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if this has been addressed but isn't Josh kind of...really fucking gay? I don't understand the Frozen tweet at all from that perspective.

Not that any of his views are worthy of understanding. Good on Andre for calling his ass out. Always been annoyed by him.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if this has been addressed but isn't Josh kind of...really fucking gay? I don't understand the Frozen tweet at all from that perspective.

Not that any of his views are worthy of understanding. Good on Andre for calling his ass out. Always been annoyed by him.
The gaming community gave us Milo, who also coincidentally was banned from Twitter.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Reiterating his tweets to the public doesn't help anything either. If that guy was a secret racist who pretended to be something and got exposed to the world that helps. But this guy is literally retweeting that guy's older tweets to the public which everyone knew about and is the reason he got banned. How is that exposing him? The guy exposed himself. Andre or whatever literally just made some racist bait by compiling all that shit.
it lets the public know he is a racist, and if you are a follower of his, well, now the public knows you might be one too.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I thought everyone already knew Josh was a piece of shit? He buys into Alex Jones conspiracy theories.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As we can see just from this thread, alot of people DID NOT know about it. And this is a gaming forum.

GameExplain has a large following on Twitter and YouTube and it is the responsible thing to do to illuminate on what kind of garbage fires of a human being are out there in the gaming sphere.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

I understand your intuition to point out the hypocrisy, but you need to be careful in not conflating femininity with gayness.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well, it's really strange but yes, you see some gays with this same kind of thinking. I already saw some in the past with similar thinking even if they're totally contradictory

Status
Not open for further replies.