Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Criticizing China for their actions that have led to the entire world melting down is not racism.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"You don't get it, he's going to be so racist, misogynist and backwards that Republican voters will switch to him. That makes him smart."

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There ls a burgeoning logic around 'reparations' that was parroted in the UK for holding China accountable. Just gonna wonder what that will bring the world to.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
He focused on both. This ad is critical of both the Chinese government and the Trump administration.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That's not racism. There's a difference between criticizing a nation's government on specific policy and attacking its citizens.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely nothing racist about this ad. What are you talking about?

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Sure, let's give Trump and voters an external enemy to focus on instead of directing the blame to his administration's incompetent, bumbling approach to address the current coronavirus crisis. The man literally said he wouldn't take responsibility for this, and instead you put out an ad focusing on China? Did Biden miss the yellow peril so badly that he had to remix it and bring it back for the boys in 2020?

This is the guy to whom we're pinning our hopes? Jesus H. Christ.

Jesus F Christ...
"Uh...Uh...Pointing out the authoritarian regime was dishonest and Trump didn't do anything to point that is RACIST YOU GUYS!"

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017

I used to think Glenn Greenwald had lost the plot, but now I'm starting to realize that it's me who is slow on the uptake.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how that ad is racist, and I especially do not get how it's more racist than Trump as you say. Trump put out an ad hitting Biden with Americans of Chinese descent in it as though that's fucking scary. That's racism.

I get that we have to be careful and not stoke racist fear of those of Chinese descent or even the actual citizens of China, but there's legitimately massive criticisms that can be laid on the government and in conjunction with that there are massive criticisms of Trump and how he handles this. Trump literally used assurances that China had this handled to assure the nation that it all was fine and that turned out to be wrong.

If we can't point out that it was factually a massive fuck up then I'm not sure what we can do. We need to be able to call out countries for failures and our leaders for their foreign policy with relation to that. Same as calling out Israel for the shit they do or Saudi Arabia or whatever else you can think of.

Trump and his campaign are already choosing this as the battleground. They're throwing out actual racist ads and painting Biden as "Beijing Biden." An ad like this that frames it as a response can get out early and knee-cap that.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
There is definitely a xenophobic undertone to the ad.

"Trump let 40,000 Chinese travelers into America!"

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's racist, but there are a couple of places it could have used 'Chinese government' rather than just China/Chinese to make the message even clearer.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
So is criticizing the Trump administration's actions during this pandemic racist against white people?

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Love to have acid thrown on my face by racist whites while simultaneously being told FORTY THOUSAND TRAVELLERS FROM CHINA STILL ENTERED AFTER TRUMPS TRAVEL BAN (in scary music and footage of a desaturated Chinese airport)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
China fucking sucks

Edit: OP you decided on this thread the day after Trump retweeted islamophobic comments and doubled down on them on Live TV, because Biden is criticizing China?

Its amazing how no one gives a shit about Islamophobia, China's slaughtering and enslaving muslims but they're beyond reproach and criticizing them is more racist than Trump?

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
He's attacking Trump's strategy or lack of in regards to confronting the pandemic, I didn't see anything racist in the ad. China's CCP should be condemned for trying to conceal the pandemic, and Trump praised it and Xi Jinping.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Criticizing China for their actions that have led to the entire world melting down is not racism.
Blaming the Government of China for fucking up is not racist.
That's not racism. There's a difference between criticizing a nation's government on specific policy and attacking its citizens.
There is absolutely nothing racist about this ad. What are you talking about?
He focused on both. This ad is critical of both the Chinese government and the Trump administration.

Explain how BIG RED LETTERS saying 40,000 CHINESE TRAVELERS with ominous music and with spooky desaturated footage of chinese people is criticizing either Trump or the Chinese government.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
any and all criticism of china needs yo focus on the leaders, the government, and if you go off course on that than side eye is warranted.

so yeaah.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Come on op.

This doesn't hold a candle to Trump levels of racism.
So you're admitting it's racist?
Love to have acid thrown on my face by racist whites while simultaneously being told FORTY THOUSAND TRAVELLERS FROM CHINA STILL ENTERED AFTER TRUMPS TRAVEL BAN (in scary music and footage of a desaturated Chinese airport)
They know what they're doing. Not surprised to see some people here excusing the blatantly xenophobic undertone to the ad.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I'm with Biden here - the Chinese government should be held accountable for facilitating the spread of this pandemic in the first place.

People who want to take it further and discriminate against Chinese people are vile and disgusting, but that doesn't mean the CCP should get a carte blanche.

OP
OP
water_wendi

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Explain how BIG RED LETTERS saying 40,000 CHINESE TRAVELERS with ominous music and with spooky desaturated footage of chinese people is criticizing either Trump or the Chinese government.
It doesnt say 40,000 CHINESE TRAVELERS it says 40,000 TRAVELERS FROM CHINA. And yes, the government should have quarantined/turned away all US citizens coming back from a state with a raging epidemic.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Trump's team is signalling that their line of attack is going to be tying Biden to China.

Its absolutely legitimate to hit back.

Come on people.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
In the context of the ad, it's about the travel ban and even Trump ban's was not effectively enforced. Are you watching the ad in full? 40k travelers are not targeted. It's travelers from China. The target is the administration's lack of enforcing its own rules.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
It doesnt say 40,000 CHINESE TRAVELERS it says 40,000 TRAVELERS FROM CHINA. And yes, the government should have quarantined/turned away all US citizens coming back from a state with a raging epidemic.
Do you think the fucking rubes who hoot and holler at this ad can tell the difference? I feel more mortal terror every single day just living with this fucking shite going around.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Plus it's Trump's big bullet point that he did something early to stop this. It's the only thing he did and it's another lie.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Umm...I see nothing there that is not the truth. No one blames the people of China and neither did that ad. It blamed their government and Donald Trump. Both are 100% at fault for what is going one in the US. Nothing racist about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.