• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess he thinks it's the same time everywhere in the world. Mans be trying to sleep, but Trump be callin'.

President Donald Trump reportedly has to be reminded of differences in time zones on a "constant basis" as he impulsively attempts to call other world leaders, a diplomatic source told Politico.

According to a former National Security Council official, Trump apparently isn't "great at recognizing" that an older world leader might not be awake "or in the right place at 10:30 or 11 p.m. their time."

A White House official said Trump is well aware of how time zones work, especially as someone who's worked in international business for years, but is often too busy to be concerned with such details.

"He's the president of the United States. He's not stopping to add up" time differences, the official told Politico.

"I don't think anybody would expect him or Obama or Bush or Clinton or anybody to do that. That's the whole reason you have a staff to say 'yes, we'll set it up,' and then they find a time that makes most sense," the White House official added.

But this is my absolute favourite part --
The president also reportedly "randomly" calls other world leaders without specific topics to discuss, leaving them confused as to why he reached out. Trump has a particularly "bizarre" interest in French President Emmanuel Macron in this regard, according to what one former national security official told Politico.

"[Trump] wanted to talk to him constantly ... Macron would be like: 'Hey what are we talking about?' These are very busy people. You don't just call to check in," the official said.

Article Link.

Dec 7, 2017
Trump has a particularly "bizarre" interest in French President Emmanuel Macron in this regard, according to what one former national security official told Politico.

At the same time he's super busy...

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The president also reportedly "randomly" calls other world leaders without specific topics to discuss, leaving them confused as to why he reached out.
It never occurred to me that world leaders aren't really friends like that. That sucks.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the world would be a much better place if world leaders (ok other world leaders) did more "calling just to chat" just like my mother does....

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Aww shucks what do we about ol Trump. News stories like this are pointless.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
You seriously can't be too busy to think about the fact that someone on the opposite side of the world might be asleep. Hell we all have an app on our phones where we can look up time zones in less than a minute. Trump ain't that busy

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, he's been an international businessman for decades and he's STILL doing this. So either he's that fucking dumb, or dementia is kicking in hard.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*Trump calls Macron at 2am Paris time*

Trump:
Hey Emmanuel, what's up?

Macron: I'm pretty busy dealing with the problems you are causing us, is there anything I can help you with?

Trump: Oh I just had this great French dish called pizza, obviously we make the greatest ones at Trump Tower, but it made me think of you and I just wanted to hear if you still wanted to take me up on my deal to leave the EU?

*Macron hangs up*

Trump: Hello? Merkel are you there???

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The president also reportedly "randomly" calls other world leaders without specific topics to discuss, leaving them confused as to why he reached out. Trump has a particularly "bizarre" interest in French President Emmanuel Macron in this regard, according to what one former national security official told Politico.

"[Trump] wanted to talk to him constantly ... Macron would be like: 'Hey what are we talking about?' These are very busy people. You don't just call to check in," the official said.

It's like the one guy in the FB group page/group chat who won't stop posting random crap as a vain attempt to fit in.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It never occurred to me that world leaders aren't really friends like that. That sucks.
I'm sure some are, or would like to be, but a) they're busy people, and b) they're cognizant of the necessary restraints that need to be put in place when such relationships can potentially be exploited.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4518

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone would photo shop that meme of Kevin Durant texting Russell Westbrook, but with Trump and Macron. It'd be so perfect.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like these types of articles that paint Trump as an idiot are irresponsible and a big reason why a little of folks in the US have become numb to this.

Do people honestly believe that Trump with businesses all over the world doesn't understand Time Zones?
You'd have to be as naive as hardcore followers to believe this sort of thing.

These types of articles are drowning out real news that people should actually care about.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All he needs is a globe, if the sun is shinning on one side then it's not on the reverse and vice versa.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
This has to be some art of the deal business asshole thing right?

Like 'call them when you know it's inconvenient, it shows them you aren't to be messed with and throws them off balance, then try to sell them that used car'

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
*Trump calls Macron at 2am Paris time*

Trump:
Hey Emmanuel, what's up?

Macron: I'm pretty busy dealing with the problems you are causing us, is there anything I can help you with?

Trump: Oh I just had this great French dish called pizza, obviously we make the greatest ones at Trump Tower, but it made me think of you and I just wanted to hear if you still wanted to take me up on my deal to leave the EU?

*Macron hangs up*

Trump: Hello? Merkel are you there???

That's pretty good.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
I guess Macron left an... "impression"

KKLgCdQl.jpg

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is kind of revealing is that it does seem like Trump is pretty much just a figurehead if all he does is watch TV, tweet, and make random phone calls all day. Like what is he actually doing? Who is actually running the executive? Kelly and Miller?

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these types of articles that paint Trump as an idiot are irresponsible and a big reason why a little of folks in the US have become numb to this.

Do people honestly believe that Trump with businesses all over the world doesn't understand Time Zones?

These types of articles are drowning out real news that people should actually care about.
The man had the same book on his nightstand for a decade. Assistants intentionally misspell words when writing messages for him so it matches his candor. He is that dumb. Problem is he's a good conman. You don't have to be smart to con people, you've just got to have insane narcissistic confidence.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can really imagine X world leader picking up the phone at 2am.

'Hello who...?'

'X my best friend, let me tell you this great idea it's the greatest idea I thought of it myself...'

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Macron gave him a masculine hand shake. Pretty sure that's why he loves Macron.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018

I believe his mind is going or has left entirely. Have you ever heard the man speak?

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is kind of revealing is that it does seem like Trump is pretty much just a figurehead if all he does is watch TV, tweet, and make random phone calls all day. Like what is he actually doing? Who is actually running the executive? Kelly and Miller?
It's blatantly clear each cabinet member just does whatever the fuck they like and they only get reined it when they make him look bad.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, a world leader calls at 9 a.m., only to be told Trump hasn't started his workday yet and to call back at 11.