Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Why do they keep voting in Ted Cruz apart from the obvious conservative leanings, does he actually do good things or people just idiots voting R.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do they keep voting in Ted Cruz apart from the obvious conservative leanings, does he actually do good things or people just idiots voting R.
Well, he is only a one term senator so far.

He beat David Dewhurst for the Republican nominee. (One of the old school Republican types...i.e. not insane). He is a lot like Cornyn.

But keep that as a word of caution to all of those jumping on the Beto wagon, Cruz represents the more radical side of the Republican party....these folks don't put up signs or go on fun runs, they vote.

Beto still has a very tall hill to climb to beat Cruz, regardless of what the polls say.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, the way people were talking I thought Ted Cruz had been winning for ages.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Next: "He stayed out past his curfew without notifying his parents." - Ted Cruz, "Beto can't be trusted."

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Come on Beto!!

Donated a 5 spot last week via FB. DNC really needs to pay attention to how he's utilizing social media for his campaign.

Beto was unrecognizable just a year ago. He has become a household name across the entire country due largely to his use of social media. TV ads/direct mailers are a relic of the past. We've got to evolve and Beto is presenting a great case study in how effective social media campaigning can be.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
Yeah people seem to forget about the areas of Texas that are clusters of small towns. They tend to lean heavily right and have more of the electoral college than bigger cities that tend to lean left. Not to mention East Texas is a pretty huge area full of conservatives and right winners. Not gonna be an easy battle at the polls for Beto.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people seem to forget about the areas of Texas that are clusters of small towns. They tend to lean heavily right and have more of the electoral college than bigger cities that tend to lean left. Not to mention East Texas is a pretty huge area full of conservatives and right winners. Not gonna be an easy battle at the polls for Beto.
Electoral college doesn't have anything to do with this election, and that's not the electoral college anyway. Are you thinking of districts? (also not relevant)

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
Electoral college doesn't have anything to do with this election, and that's not the electoral college anyway. Are you thinking of districts? (also not relevant)

Yeah I was thinking of districts and got it a bit confused. Not the same I know.
Either way. Its gonna be an uphill battle. Hopefully Beto wins but good god would he have a hard time if he does.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
GOP looking scared. I've been donating a little something here and there from New York. I really hope Texas makes the right choice.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As a Texan all I have to say is; prepare yourselves US cause it's happening baby!

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
That picture of Ted Cruz as a mime is easily more frightening than 99% of existing horror movie antagonists.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any Beto signs in my area (West Houston) but maybe I'll drive around a bit on the weekend and see.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Beto is Hollywood, Ted is Texas. Also, here's Ted in a Jedi outfit.

I am genuinely curious if and how Beto appearing on Ellen will appear to a lot of undecided voters in Texas. The one's who are Republican or right leaning will obviously throw a fit, but they've been calling him a Hollywood liberal for a while even before all that was announced.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely curious if and how Beto appearing on Ellen will appear to a lot of undecided voters in Texas. The one's who are Republican or right leaning will obviously throw a fit, but they've been calling him a Hollywood liberal for a while even before all that was announced.
They can't really say anything when Ted Cruz rarely spends time in TX