• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I nominate "Song of Mana" from Legend of Mana, composed by Yoko Shimomura and sung in Swedish by Annika Ljungberg:

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Really like the song from Legend of Mana. First time i heard it I was like "Hey! That's a song in my language".
I was not expecting that.

I'm very fond of Fatal Fight from Xenosaga 2.
But then again I like just about anything Yuki Kajiura does.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
So Nah, So Fern from Xenoblade Chronicles X. The lyrics are German and the singer is Japanese, so it's probably not being pronounced correctly. It's still a beautiful and powerful song.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
and from House in Fata Morgana. I believe the lyrics are Portuguese, if YouTube comments isn't pulling my leg.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
So Nah, So Fern from Xenoblade Chronicles X. The lyrics are German and the singer is Japanese, so it's probably not being pronounced correctly. It's still a beautiful and powerful song.

I'm pretty sure native German speakers have said the Japanese accent renders the song unintelligible, lol. Not sure how the quality of the actual lyrics is.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017

First one sounds like Spanish, second I have no idea but apparently Bulgarian(?). There's a chance both are actually gibberish. Amazing songs though.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed with Song of Mana, definitely up there as the best OST in video games.

Bunch of Korean songs:

Esa Promesa from Granado Espada:

Wanna Be Free from Ragnarok Online:

First Kiss from DJ Max:

Oct 25, 2017
Parasite Eve's Somnia Memorias is in Spanish. It has a couple of latin lines, though.

And of course, one of the best songs to ever grace a video game. Love Theme from Metal Gear Solid 4.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
People are posting Nier (and that's great, don't get me wrong), but there was a JRPG series long before that with an absolutely fantastic OST, and lyrics almost entirely in a (well developed) language created specifically for its setting - Ar Tonelico.

There are a ton of great Ar Tonelico songs that would fit this thread, but here's one of my favourites:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Missed English exclusion for some reason.
I don't know what's being said but all I know is that I'm sad.

Last edited:

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Baba Yetu from Civilization IV. As far as I know, its the only game soundtrack song to ever win a Grammy.

The song itself is the Lord's Prayer in Swahili.

yaffi

Oct 28, 2017
Since Ar tonelico and Hymmnos already got a mention (although I like cosmoflips more), there's the opening of Suikoden 3, sung in a made up language, I think:

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know if it's my absolute favourite, but it's so underrated that I HAVE to share it.

Sanie cu zurgălăi from Rabbids Go Home

This song is a cover of an (apparently) famous romanian song, performed by a Moldovan brass band called Fanfare Vagabontu, who also composed the whole game's soundtrack.
Before you dismiss this track as "dumb Rabbids bull***t" I
IMPLORE you to give this song a chance, it's really good, as is the rest of the soundtrack.
(seriously, those brasses are a thing of beauty)