Op
  • OP
    OP
    JonesiiiFromtheMoon
    Jan 18, 2018
    The incorrect racial lens this thread was framed under was indeed wrong and makes a lot of the posts ITT....childish, to say the least.

Likewise, this gross mistake by the OP does not absolve Dessen for her actions, which led to the subsequent harassment of the student. Feel however you want about the student's criticism, but you do not get to blame her for receiving the level of backlash on social media when she neither asked nor instigated the conflict.

Bricktop and The Teachinator (for example) should be mindful of that.
    Circle the wagons. Never admit your mistakes. Gotcha.

And "incorrectly believed" my ass. This story was all over the place well before the OP posted it. The Op invented the minority angle so they could complain about white fragility. Literally no where else on the internet does the word minority exist in this story except in this thread. It's a fabrication of this single conversation that exists no where else and people around here seem to be just fine with that fact.

Why can't you guys just admit the fact that maybe, just maybe, you all jumped the gun and fucked up instead of doubling down on this stupidity?

The FOX news angle is just weak sauce. You invent a racist and then invent her going on Tucker Carlson to prove your invented narrative. Why would I apologize to you when your pulling the same nonsense that the first 4 pages of this thread pulled?

I 100% agree. What she did was shitty and I never said otherwise. 80% of this thread is also shitty and the fact people can't admit that and keep doubling down on that nonsense is equally embarassing.

A mod posted in this thread, I replied to their post, and it's still not changed. They know.

Or maybe they're just calling you on your bullshit? Keep making this about race, though, it's just proving my point.

Hey, apologies on the minority angle, I did read this story on Jezebel and a lot of the comments were commenting on that fact so it is something i came into it with. That feeling was attached so I put that into my response. I didnt "invent a minority angle". But i did perpetuate it and for that I apologize. This is an interesting topic enough without adding my feelings to it so i apologize. I hope everyone can stop bickering and find a footing.

Added an edit in the op

Last edited: