crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Best New Dreams Creations OT (PS4, PS5) | Discover Your Next Favorite Experience
(Regular Updates)

Newest Update: Post #530 (as of August 2023)

dreams-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-11jun18

As a big fan of Dreams, I have noticed that the game is often praised as a powerful CREATION toolset that enable everybody to be a game creator, artist or musician. And this is indeed true.

What sometimes gets lost is that Dreams is also a great place just to PLAY even if you have no interest in creating yourself. Dreamers have already published numerous great creations that are unique, different and very much worth a play. Bored from AAA games conformity? Cherish indie games and new, novel ideas? Well, then this is the right place for you.

In this thread, I will continuously share the best new Dreams of the week while providing you with an overview of playlists in the start post. I occasionally also start to include the Dreams Charts both for the current week as well as for the whole of 2021 (courtesy to LadylexUK).

Simply check out the collections these curators have set up, linked below their videos! They'll lead you directly to indreams.me where you can easily add stuff to your "play later" list or even boot it up straight away! Let us know what you liked best each week, too.

!! PLEASE ALSO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE DREAMS CREATIONS IN THIS THREAD !!

I myself will feature new dreams content mostly from:

1.) Media Molecule Streams of Community Creations or Game Jam Streams

Media Molecule each Thursday picks their favorite Dreams creations and plays them on a very fun and chill stream on Twitch (and later on YouTube). The MM Picks are also specially featured in the Dreamiverse. They also have regular game jams on different topics which last for two weeks, including voting for the winners!

https://www.twitch.tv/media_molecule (each Thursday, 5 PM GMT)​

https://indreams.me/MmDreamQueen (for direct web access of MM streamed games)

2.) YouTube Curators and Streamers

Ladylex UK "Best of Dreams" Series

Ladylex UK is one of the most helpful Dream YouTube creators and has won the "Best Curator of the Year" 2020 award for Dreams in Februrary 2021. Besides her extensive tutorial work, most relevantly for this thread she plays every single Dream released each day and categorizes them into genres. She also marks those that are decent and worth a play and your time. In essence, she's doing the hard job for you, and sort has created a second curated Dreamsurfing section for you. She also features her favorite games in a weekly video.

https://indreams.me/collection/cLSpjyssCsd (for direct web access of LadyLex Discover Dreams content)

UglySofaGaming "Top 10 Dreams" Series

UglySofaGaming regularly looks at their favorite 10 Dreams of the week that they showcase in a YouTube video. They also go through Dreams most exciting upcoming projects, feature some of their very favorite games in longer videos and express opinions where Dreams should and will go next on PS5.

Sakku's Mind Top 5

Sakku is an incredibly talented freelance artist who does both stream his creative process as well as produce videos on his favorite creations. I will feature the latter here; as for his streams, head to his Twitch.

3.) Special Community Events
Every few months, Media Molecule calls for a special event where the Dreams community has again and again outdone themselves. Previous events include Dreamscom (a virtual exhibition of game creators), All Hallow's Dreams (three Halloween-themed haunted house and pumpkin gardens) and the annual Impy Awards (an award show for the best Dreams creations).

Third DreamsCom (Summer 2022)

Second DreamsCom (Summer 2021)

First DreamsCom (Summer 2020)

4th Annual Impy Awards (27 March 2022)

3rd Annual Impy Awards (27 March 2021)

2nd Annual Impy Awards Video and Winners (14 February 2021)
2nd-annual-impy-awards.jpg
1st Annual Impy Award Show (January 27th, 2020)

youtu.be

1st Annual Impy Awards | FULL SHOW | #MadeInDreams 🏆

Our first EVER awards show for the Dreams community - The Impys - has arrived and it IS FABULOUS! Congratulations to all our winners and nominees, and thank ...

All Hallow's Dreams (October 2022)

All Hallow's Dreams (October 2021)

All Hallow's Dreams (October 2020)

maxresdefault.jpg

4.) IP-Based Creations
The aim here is especially on showing the fantastic original ideas that continue to delight the Dreamiverse, but there are several fantastic fanmakes on Dreams that some streamers also highlight - however Media Molecule will not showcase them or hand out awards for those creations. They are against the guidelines of Dreams.

List of regular YouTube content creators / Twitch streamers

Aecert (Twitch/YouTube, logic guy)
cutaia (streamer)
Vika Crayon (short showcases of their work)
DirtyHarolds (mainly a sculpter)
Dreams Have Meanings (200+ minute Dream surfing and creation challenges)
Dreams with LadylexUK (tutorials, Dreams content)
Elca (Twitch streamer, WIP "Avatar The last Airbender" Dream)
fluffynsassy (Twitch streamer, curator/collection community events)
GribbleGrunger
InfiniDreams (French-based streamers)
Intrattackout (Dreams tutorials with a light focus on first person games)
Ividusk
JimmyJules153
JR2576
LBPookachoo
LadylexUK (curation, tutorials)
Lucid Stew (art, Animation, Tips & Tricks)
lugadi (streamer, creator)
Martin Nebelong (tutorials and showcases on high detail art in Dreams)
meanlad (tutorials, really quirky guy)
Media Molecule (company that made the game)
MrCaseyJones (streamer)
NeonTheCoder (logic tutorials)
Project Genesis (Dream showcases)
Rickson-Roller GamingYT
Risuko Waffles
Sakku's Mind (artwork, tutorials, freelancing, community creations)
SauclessOne (streamer, creator)
SynthX
TAPgiles (helpful tutorials)
Ugly Sofa Gaming (curation, Dreams news, content videos)
YoungText

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Media Molecule Streams of Community Creations or Game Jam Streams

discontinuing updates in this post, see recent videos at the top of post #1

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Ladylex UK Best of Dreams Series

discontinuing updates in this post, see recent videos at the top of post #1

Last edited:

_Gandour_

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Great Job OP. I highly recommend everybody plays ETHAN GOES TO WORK, easily my favorite Dream

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right, I had to take a break from Dreams since it made my PS4 so loud. Should try checking it out on the PS5. I'm not much of a creator but I love playing others' stuff, so thanks for the thread!

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Great Job OP. I highly recommend everybody plays ETHAN GOES TO WORK, easily my favorite Dream

Thanks for sharing! And ahhhh yes, an awesome game! Adventures games really thrive in Dreams anyway :-) Pig Detective 3 was just released last week, too.

indreams.me

ETHAN GOES TO WORK....

In December I realised that I wanted to do something of my own so, here it is. Join number one worker Ethan McCormick on his spectacular journey to work. Pursued by ruthless enemies, facing great dangers in his risckiest adventure yet...

Oh right, I had to take a break from Dreams since it made my PS4 so loud. Should try checking it out on the PS5. I'm not much of a creator but I love playing others' stuff, so thanks for the thread!

That's exactly the point of this thread. Dreams has this reputation to be a great place for creation, but I think there's a whole universe of great playing experiences at hand as well that I want people to discover more easily/frequently.

As far as I know, Dreams runs butter smooth on PS5. Don't have one myself yet. Let me know how you find it :-)

Oct 27, 2017
Nice thread OP!

It has been a while since I played Dreams. I am going to have to go back and see what the community have been cooking.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The ability to capture 4k vids on ps5 is a huge deal for Dreams as we creators have been forced to show crappy blurry footage of everything forever.
Now i'm not going to buy a PS5 just for that unfortunately :'( The dream is dead.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017

4.) IP-Based Creations
While MM or Ladylex do not feature IP stuff on their streams and main channels, other YouTubers like UglySofaGaming (and others) sometimes do. I might include a special video from time to time - though this is not the man focus of the thread.

Thank god. There's so many good original games in dreams but the only stuff that ever gets attention are remakes.

TRV

Nov 27, 2020
The Netherlands
Great thread idea OP, you pushed me over the edge to buy it now that it's still on sale on PSN. I have no interest in creating, but there sure are some amazing looking dreams to play!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i really need to get back on this. i haven't touched it when i didn't have a ps4 for the longest. now i have a ps5 i need to get back on it. i should set up my move controller as well

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for this. This will be a useful place to post when people find content they think deserves wider attention.

I would like to become more proficient with the creation tools but I find I'm not as patient as I used to be. I end up spending a lot of time surfing other's creations. There are many talented people out there.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Added to my watched threads, plan on revisiting Dreams when the PS5 update drops!

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for this Dreams thread.

I'll post some when I have the chance.

Thanks! I've noticed you sometimes post new dreams stuff in the PlayStation OT so I hope you'll enjoy this thread, too :)

Nice thread OP!

It has been a while since I played Dreams. I am going to have to go back and see what the community have been cooking.

A lot actually! I'd recommend the collections from above and the Community Jam Hall of Fames to catch up :) One game I'd recommend from the last stream is LOCK - if you enjoyed The Talos Principle or The Witness, you'll love it. Let me know what you think about new stuff in Dreams on here :)

The ability to capture 4k vids on ps5 is a huge deal for Dreams as we creators have been forced to show crappy blurry footage of everything forever.
Now i'm not going to buy a PS5 just for that unfortunately :'( The dream is dead.

I agree, should be a good thing for Dreams :) Not sure when MM streams will be captured on PS5; they are not yet, I think.

Thank god. There's so many good original games in dreams but the only stuff that ever gets attention are remakes.

So cool to see you on ERA, you're one of my favorite creators. Everyone check out Super Great Job Human if you enjoyed Astrobot; and Cubric obviously :) And yes, I specifically want to highlight original creations, because they deserve it. Thanks for supporting me.

Great thread idea OP, you pushed me over the edge to buy it now that it's still on sale on PSN. I have no interest in creating, but there sure are some amazing looking dreams to play!

I hope you will enjoy your time in Dreams. Share more about it, please :) If you're new there should be plenty to play. My personal favorite for a new player perhaps still is Mimeo Prophecy, now with chapter 2!

i really need to get back on this. i haven't touched it when i didn't have a ps4 for the longest. now i have a ps5 i need to get back on it. i should set up my move controller as well

I hope my PS5 gets repaired soon so I can join you. Hope you'll find this thread useful, I'll have my first update tomorrow :)

Added to watchlist. Intend on buying Dreams soon.

Dreams is on sale right now, but I'll be happy to see you on the Dreamiverse anytime :) For new content shared here, I'll perhaps also briefly introduce the games alongside the video.

Thanks for this. This will be a useful place to post when people find content they think deserves wider attention.

I would like to become more proficient with the creation tools but I find I'm not as patient as I used to be. I end up spending a lot of time surfing other's creations. There are many talented people out there.

I hope this will be as much a community thing as me providing you with updates regularly :)

Yeah, some amazing Dreamers out there. Don't be intimidated though, a lot of people are willing to help! There's a great Facebook group I can only recommend. Sakku's Mind just posted a very good video for advanced Dreams users who want to improve further.

Will be keeping an eye on this topic

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Added to my watched threads, plan on revisiting Dreams when the PS5 update drops!

Thanks for adding it to your list. No specific timing for a PS5 update yet, I think. But Dreams already sees quite a few improvements on PS5 natively.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
A lot actually! I'd recommend the collections from above and the Community Jam Hall of Fames to catch up :) One game I'd recommend from the last stream is LOCK - if you enjoyed The Talos Principle or The Witness, you'll love it. Let me know what you think about new stuff in Dreams on here :)
Thanks!

I am going to go back to the game once I am done with my assignment tomorrow and finish Uncharted 1 (I have 5 chapters left) so it might take a day or two. Will report back when I am able though!

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks!

I am going to go back to the game once I am done with my assignment tomorrow and finish Uncharted 1 (I have 5 chapters left) so it might take a day or two. Will report back when I am able though!

I'll look forward to your impressions, and hope you'll get through those assignments quickly :) Also forgot and might add to OP once there are videos for it: Ladylex is also running her very own little unofficial Lexi Awards, similair to what MM is doing with the annual Impy's. She's created shortlists for the best creations of 2020 in several categories with the winners decided I think in December. As MM Impy's are still being nominated, this might be another quick way to catch up with new content in Dreams :-)

Lexi Awards 2020 Puzzle
Lexi Awards 2020 Set Design
Lexi Awards 2020 Platformers
Lexi Awards 2020 Sports
Lexi Awards 2020 Animated Shorts
Lexi Awards 2020 Innovation
Lexi Awards 2020 Horror
Lexi Awards 2020 Arcade
Lexi Awards 2020 Combat
Lexi Awards 2020 Adventure

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome thread, and a long time coming! Dreams is amazing, and more people should give it a shot. There are already some excellent creations to explore for those that aren't big on creating things themselves, and the tools are insanely robust for those that do want to create. Definitely keeping an eye on this thread!

Nov 2, 2018
Fantastic thread crazillo, thank you for organizing.

I go through Dreams with the most likes in the last four weeks and compile a video on my channel of my personal favorites, most weeks. I won't post the video here myself but know that's a resource if you wish to use it, I will however post my choices:

(In no particular order)

10.) Pig Detective 3 - Death of Detox Island by SebastianTeamPD - Point and Click
9.)
Alpine Dream (Snowboarding) by TheOtterbon - Snowboarding
8.)
LOCK by Pixel_Gorilla - Puzzle / Escape Room
7.)
Steambound by donut_mutt - Isometric Combat
6.)
Heavenly Castle by Chris_Redwalker6 - Walking Sim
5.)
Roadstar 2 by Jaavaa & IansaneArtist - Racing
4.)
Lost Industry by Sparten__X53 - Short Horror Experience
3.)
Yurei: The Sacred Bells by xX-Delirium-Xx & BlindingFire318 - Horror
2.)
Flower Cottage by SootyPinions - Digital Art
1.)
Honey World The Movie by YuMex196 - Animated Movie

An amazing little collection to get you going if you haven't played in a while.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018
Finished voting for the Impy Awards a few days ago so I've also taken stock of a few of my favourite creations from the year:

The Snowball - A short animated film I found really well done and genuinely pretty moving. It's a short that wouldn't have felt out of place being the opener for a Pixar film, seriously.

Rabbit and Boy - Another top notch animation which to me seems inspired from The Last of Us, especially the first frantic trailer.

Tectonic - As far as racing games go in Dreams Tectonic looks really nice, it plays really well, it has multiple game modes and it works perfectly in VR.

Dreams Cheap Skater - A Dreams port of Tony Hawk which came out about the same time as the new HD release so I thought the title was really clever, it needs a tiny bit of polish but it's mechanically sound and incredibly impressive

Astral - I tend to find Dreams horror more cheesy than scary and Astral is no exception especially with some of its hilarious dialogue, but if you have VR and play this at night with headphones it is incredibly creepy. Dreams horror is less cheesy and more surreal when you're actually in it.

Fedora Man - A cool as ice music visualiser with a pretty catchy original song.

Cowl Combat Demo - A literal dungeon crawler. A very polished demonstration of an increasingly complex combat system which slowly teaches you new skills and faces you off with new combinations of enemies to test them on

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
CoMmunity Creations #70 (Media Molecule Stream)

Dreams-MM-Stream-Community-Creations-70.jpg

Direct Access to all games streamed: https://indreams.me/collection/cPpJNuvdqwf

crazillo commentary: A very interesting week in the Dreamiverse with loads of variety. Ever missed good old days of a classical Collectathon? Gem Quest with its hexagon style graphics has you covered - but with more gems, so increase your abilities, which make this all a very fun experience. Silence Before Storm is a neat 2D Zelda-like little puzzle game. The Dream Looper takes you through a night's sleep and explores visually breathtaking realistic sets as well as some dangerous moments. Re-Mind Re-Mastered is a throwback to memory card game days in a cool interactive way. Sword of Arkana introduces a stylistic 3D battle system set in a feudal seemingly JRPG environment. Mr. Grump is a very charming animated short with a... surprising turn. Arashyama Bamboo Grove is more of a walking simulator experience in an Asian setting that also pushes realism. Grand Prix 1910 takes the racing genre back to the times of the beginning modern vehicle design!

----

Best of Dreams (Ladylex UK)

A few seconds for each new game in the beginning of the video, five games played more extensively starting at around 18:00

Best-of-Dreams-Week-Ending-2020-11-29.jpg

crazillo commentary: Ladylex this week found 75 decent to great creations in Dreams worthwhile your time this week in Dreams. I also went through it and there is some really neat stuff in here with a surprising variety of genres!

My Treasure Hunt is a fun little collectathon type of game. Santa Ana Island has you stranded on a foreign yet mysterious island where you will discover unpleasant things. Stormfront 2 with some breathtaking camera work from different perspectives takes you through a nearing thunderstorm evening. Age of Kings takes the successful Age of Empires formula into Dreams. Border Crash has as much a unique style as Octopath Traveler and will one day become a fully-fledged RPG. The River Portal follows an old wizard through a fascinating little scene with great music. Quetzalcoatl's Revenge has you solve various puzzles in a temple environment. In the newest Meet the Dreamer Ep. 4, the dreamer Rodekirby is being interviewed by jwest2011. It's hilarious, believe me. A Snowman's Message is a cute little animation video which reminds you of the true meaning of Christmas. Banger shows some really neat gameplay mechanics with walljumps, first-person shooting and other cool stuff. But it's just a concept right now. Lastly, the newly created Impy's Hub by MM shows last year's impy winners. I expect the next Impy winners to get a similar recognition.
Ladylex creation of the week is a impressive setdesign in Nerima, Tokyo.

Ladylex Best of Dreams Master Collection: https://indreams.me/collection/cLSpjyssCsd

----

Creation of the Week (crazillo)

Video by Sakku's Mind

crazillo commentary: If anybody ever tells you again that Dreams is not capable of STUNNING graphics, show them Heavenly Castle. This adventure is really an experience you have to make. Everything is perfect about it: the graphics, sound design, exploration, level design and some interactive elements. Watch a few minutes but then please hop into Dreams to play this yourself. This is one thing I'd like to stress anyway: Why we're trying to highlight the good stuff in the Dreamiverse here, they'll get real exposure when being played and thumbed up or commented on in Dreams. I'd love to inspire you to do just that with my postings :-)

Indreams Link: https://indreams.me/dream/mVYDaFkxNWM

----

As always, please share away your favorite Dreams content of the week! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Hi UglySofaGaming, thank you for being such an awesome advocator of Dreams yourself. I wasn't aware that you are on ERA, too! I will try to contribute my little piece with this thread, but it wouldn't be possible without people like you. I'd love to include you in this thread if there is a chance. I want to update weekly myself but this thread should absolutely also be a community thing and I'd hope to have a really lively discussion in here. I love that you also described the content you posted about a bit. I tried this myself today a bit and hope this can sparkle the interest of gamers and exchange on the newest things from the Dreamiverse! :)

Nov 2, 2018
Hi UglySofaGaming, thank you for being such an awesome advocator of Dreams yourself. I wasn't aware that you are on ERA, too! I will try to contribute my little piece with this thread, but it wouldn't be possible without people like you. I'd love to include you in this thread if there is a chance. I want to update weekly myself but this thread should absolutely also be a community thing and I'd hope to have a really lively discussion in here. I love that you also described the content you posted about a bit. I tried this myself today a bit and hope this can sparkle the interest of gamers and exchange on the newest things from the Dreamiverse! :)

Thank you very much for the bolded what a nice compliment. I'm always down to help increase Dreams visibility and public awareness so feel to ask if you ever need anything from me if the thread takes off.

Two Dreams that will be making it into my Top 10 this week are some I.P creations based off two of my favourite franchises The Last of Us and Fallout

The Last of Us Sarah's Room - A pretty faithful recreation of Sarah's room from the original game and take you through some of the very first moments of the game. The whole frame is teased as a "demake" and teases more content soon which would be cool.

Fallout 5 Intro - A classic Fallout introduction complete with an old timey song about the world ending which leads into a short animation.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I recently decided to check in with this, and I loaded the impy awards world.

Am I crazy, or is there no way to actually see any of the entries/winners from this world? It seemed like there were just drawings of the winners?

Am I supposed to write down the names and search for them on my own?

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Nov 2, 2018
My Top 10 picks for this week, as always there's a compiled video on my channel.

10.) Fallout 5 Intro by DrJones20 - Animation
9.) Arashyama Bamboo Grove by BADROBO82 - Graphic Showcase
8.) Crash Bandicoot: NSane Adventures by bigwhitesmoke - Platformer
7.) Grand Prix 1910 by beanbob101 - Racing
6.) View Points by IansaneArtist - Graphic Showcase
5.) ROBO by JoeyRyanTN - Sidescroller
4.) The Last OF Us - Sarah's Room by APE_MONKEY_BOY21 - Scene
3.) M1128 Stryker MGS Armored Vehicle Test by gi260201 - Tank Sim
2.) Dream Journal - The Gateway - Narrative Journey / Walking Sim
1.) Mr. Grump - Animated Short By B-o-s-c-e - Animation

Oct 27, 2017
crazillo

I got a bit side tracked but I finally sat down and played some dreams.

I tried the dream "Lock" and I found it really fun. The puzzles were fun to crack through and it had a really nice looking atmosphere and style. Thanks for recommending it as I really enjoyed it.

I have 3 more games to play to complete the 52 games a year challenge and once I am done with that I will need to return and play some more stuff. A lot of the things listed in the thread and in the quick browse I had looked really cool.

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This week's update is here!

CoMmunity Creations #71 (Media Molecule Stream)

Fragments of Child lets you wake up without any kind of memory as a robot TV who is a worker in a factory, thereby having to obey various rules. The action adventure has a really nice battle system and is very polished. Very much recommended! Yatra concludes the Exodus Machina saga. A multi-game spanning agent story in a nice neonlight futuristic setting with a protagonist named Sam. RETICA is inspired from games like Resogun. The Pinnball Kit is a nice collection of assets that will help you build your own pinnball game - of which Dreams has quite a few. We also had a stunningly detailed Tiger Painting on display. There is also some nice music showcased in the stream from I Don't Want To Change a Thing About You to Last Call

Indreams Link: https://indreams.me/collection/cJechnNxnRD

----

A few seconds for each new game in the beginning of the video, five games played more extensively starting at around the 19:00 min mark

Best-of-Dreams-Week-Ending-2020-12-06.jpg

crazillo commentary: Ladylex this week found 72 decent to great creations in Dreams worthwhile your time this week in Dreams. Here's my little review of the stuff she picked.

Ladylex chose Blank Space as her Dream of the week. It's a horror game with a mysterious atmosphere and... jumpscares are guaranteed! Other very notable creations include Tales from Fammula, an anime-styled story about an old couple where the grandmother gets sick. Quickly you find out that things are not quite like they should be though. RID: Echoes of a Lost Bond is a very professionally crafted puzzle platformer with parcour elements. BattleDots is a very addictive game in which its all about eat or get eaten: Only the biggest circle survives. Check this one out for sure! Other very noteworthy stuff includes the short animation Mr. Grump, the story of a conflict between an old man and a bird - very much worth a watch! I also really liked the Winter Wonderland: Forest Walk - such a personal and emotional little christmas-themed walk with many memories of the creator's own biography, it seems. Also make sure to check that visually stunning Cyberpunk city at night creation.

Ladylex Best of Dreams Master Collection: https://indreams.me/collection/cLSpjyssCsd

----

Best Dreams of the Week (Ugly Sofa Gaming)

Starting this week, I will also feature Ugly Sofa Gaming's content in this thread. In contrast to MM and Ladylex, this list will also contain some IP stuff. Neatly, these videos are short and juicy and give you great overview over new stuff to play from the Dreamiverse. As UglySofaGaming is part of this forum, shoot him with any questions you might have :-)

10.) Fallout 5 Intro by DrJones20 - Animation
9.) Arashyama Bamboo Grove by BADROBO82 - Graphic Showcase
8.) Crash Bandicoot: NSane Adventures by bigwhitesmoke - Platformer
7.) Grand Prix 1910 by beanbob101 - Racing
6.) View Points by IansaneArtist - Graphic Showcase
5.) ROBO by JoeyRyanTN - Sidescroller
4.) The Last OF Us - Sarah's Room by APE_MONKEY_BOY21 - Scene
3.) M1128 Stryker MGS Armored Vehicle Test by gi260201 - Tank Sim
2.) Dream Journal - The Gateway - Narrative Journey / Walking Sim
1.) Mr. Grump - Animated Short By B-o-s-c-e - Animation

----

Creation of the Week: TRIA-GONE (crazillo)

Video by Angelotje

crazillo commentary: What an addictive racing game with so much style! TRIA-GONE puts you through increasingly tough levels where it's all about cracking the highscore. It's a risk and reward gameplay because only destroying obstacles in your way nets your points for the scoreboard. But the challenge level is always rising. What score can you get? If that wasn't good enough, TRIA-GONE absolutely shines with its graphical presentation and music choice.

Indreams Link: https://indreams.me/dream/mKVxhdSqytq

----

Last edited:

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Did Orioto or whatever his name is release his game? He's a poster on here, I think.

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Hope you enjoyed the update, everyone! Please keep sharing away your favorite stuff of last week.

This level seems really cool :

I have picked it as my creation of the week. I'd buy this game on PSN!

crazillo

I got a bit side tracked but I finally sat down and played some dreams.

I tried the dream "Lock" and I found it really fun. The puzzles were fun to crack through and it had a really nice looking atmosphere and style. Thanks for recommending it as I really enjoyed it.

I have 3 more games to play to complete the 52 games a year challenge and once I am done with that I will need to return and play some more stuff. A lot of the things listed in the thread and in the quick browse I had looked really cool.

Lock is amazing, isn't it? Such cleverly designed puzzles. Adventure dreams are actually fantastic in Dreams. When Ladylex will do her own annual awards later this month, you'll see a ton of good one's featured again in this thread.

Did Orioto or whatever his name is release his game? He's a poster on here, I think.

Not sure?! There are a few Dreamers on ERA. And if he doesn't, you can play my game next Monday! :D

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Cool thread. I should really jump back in the check out some of these... Hope it's okay if I plug my stuff.

indreams.me

The Wind Prince

Gustav is hopelessly lost. Can you help him find his way back home? Pay close attention to your surroundings as you traverse six painted worlds. The kites will show you the way.

Wind Prince is a 3D platformer, should take around 30 minutes to an hour to complete. My other, smaller project was Super Seal Slide, a cute but quite challenging time-attack game:

indreams.me

Super Seal Slide!

This adorable baby seal just can't stop sliding! Race against the clock and use your special ability to bring home the gold! Bronze: Reach goal Silver: 55:00 Gold: 40:00 ???: ??:??

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
2D pixel art action platformer Dreams game finally released.

I've been following the development of this Dreams because the creator manage to capture then 2D pixel art feel, and not only it's functional & fun, but also a milestone for Dreams that even this art-style is possible.

EofyfETXUAAWeso

indreams.me

Cyber Trigger

Cyber Trigger is an old school 2D action platformer (2020) - Exit through the menu to upload your score. Hope you enjoy!

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
2D pixel art action platformer Dreams game finally released.

EofyfETXUAAWeso
Wow, this looks amazing. I started putting together a collection of games like this as there have been a few that have popped up lately.

I'm planning on playing a bunch of things in my play later queue today and will post some of the better ones here.

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Another week is gone, here we go again!

CoMmunity Creations #72 (Media Molecule Stream)

crazillo commentary: One of the best recent weeks in the Dreamiverse and something is here for everybody, really. The fantastic 8-bit action game Cyber Trigger has already been mentioned by Modest_Modsoul, could easily be on PSN later. A gamedev from Insomniac has created Ratchet & Clank: Bullet Hack in his spare time and was on stream several times, it's a 2D shot'n'up where it's all about beating the highscore. Party Showdown brings you some really fun Mario Part-style action with cute animations and little touches, play it solo or in coop. Good Dog is drawn in comic style and has you remove obstacles for the running dog at all times, it's quite tricky but also so addictive. Then we have HIVE - The Boardgame which transports a board game classic into a virtual experience with great craft. Can you corner the opponent's insect queen and win? With the holidays nearing and a thematic Game Jam happening, you'll see me list a lot of Christmas-themed games in Dreams today, and many are awesome! Santa Dash 2 is an endless runner where you control santa's sledge through a challenging parcour in quest of the high score. If you want a more chill experience, why not check out Dreamers Holliday Village? The creators have out together a holiday set that could be described as ginger houses coming alive! In some animated shorts, two of your favorite character (hint: one is pink and small, the other one green and tall!) from the Dreamiverse return to start Decorating a Christmas Tree. In Believe!, two gingerbreads are discussing their final thoughts before being eaten and extinguished for eternity... or perhaps not? ;-) A community gem winner in Couch Date has you experience interactively a romantic night out in a very special location. Quite a few coop games this week as well. We have Me and My Imp where your imp guards your character through a puzzle platformer, while Me You and Hue 2 have you work together with two seperate puppets in coop joiningly overcoming obstacles. Bluetooth: Tale of Gods is another coop experience where you either control the archer or the knight. Two oustanding asset collections for interiors and further props were showcased in the last MM stream of the year, too.

Indreams Link: https://indreams.me/collection/cJnbwLBoJqW

----

A few seconds for each new game in the beginning of the video, five games played more extensively starting at around the 20:06 min mark

crazillo commentary: Wow, Ladylex content curation work really is outstanding, I'd probably have missed out on some of the amazing creations showcased in her video and stream!
Georgia Aquarium: Ocean Voyager is a full virtual museum exhibition modelled after an existing location and beautifully showcasing ocean life. Life Inside the Snowglobe not only lets you see the microcosm of a snowglobe, as a twist you can shake it from the inside and see what crazy stuff it does. Quite brilliant! Gnomeland is a a very charming adventure which has a poor human soul trapped in a gnome kingdom. Great story, always funny and charming. Nano Healer lets you fly through a human body - and it's not easy to navigate around all the obstacles. Game says 'rage quit' in its title screen soI warned you here first :P Lava Runner is a punshing yet addictive endless platform runner where you can manipulate your own speed and jumps. How long can you escape the lava? With Cyberpunk 2077 launching, Dreamers have been inspired to create similair setpieces. Steel City Rescue is all about saving civilians in a city under fire, but it's far from depressing and actually presented in a charming artstyle. A Wandering Stone is a charming little story about a living stone man making some friends. Cyberpunk Diner takes you to the inside of such a location while CyberCity Population Test simulates the open world citylife with more NPCs and cars than in the actual real game :P Tons of nice visual showcases as well, like Paris: Tuileries Garden. COME_TO_/BRAZIL.COM shows you how making or not making travel plans can go REALLY wrong - I'd asumme some political implications go along this very-well animated film. RETICA was covered last week already above - if you haven't played this Resogun-style game, check it out! Back to holiday-themed stuff. Want to be a kid again and do nothing but throw snowballs around? Play Snowball for Kids and get them all! Some more very nice animated shorts and artwork from the community includes A little Christmas Gift, Ginger Bread Cup, Happy Holidays - Winter Bliss, A Greeting from Santa's Workshop, THE WAY and Christmas tree village. Also check out some of the music in the collection, especially Last Call.

Best-of-Dreams-Week-Ending-2020-12-13.jpg

Ladylex Best of Dreams Master Collection: https://indreams.me/collection/cLSpjyssCs

----

Creation of the Week: Cyber Trigger (crazillo)

Video by Paulo Lameiras

crazillo commentary: You guys and me have mentioned Cyber Trigger already, but I'll put the video up in this post again for increased recognition. The pixelart stuff in Dreams this year has been amazing ever since the Pixelart gamejam.

Indreams Link: https://indreams.me/dream/mYqsyBvfhsH

----

Next week I will be focusing on the best Dreams creations of the year featuring Ladylex UK, Sakku's Mind and UglySofaGaming!

Lastly, my team and me are releasing the Star Trek Project Enterprise Demo tomorrow, make sure to check it out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
We have finally launched the Project Enterprise Demo on Dreams. A lot of love and time went into this and we eventually hope to make the game they would never give us - hope you enjoy! While I will link a gameplay video here, I'd appreciate that you check it out for much more stuff in Dreams yourself and leave comments and feedback.

indreams.me

Project Enterprise-D Demo 1.0 - A STAR TREK FAN PRODUCTION

The first version of the demo is finally here! Create your character, explore the ship and go boldly where no dream has gone before. Join us on Discord: 6ddpUJS - A STAR TREK FAN PRODUCTION