• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One X : 60fps mode , its just incredible how an old jaguar machine can handle such a openworld so fast with dynamic weather,night/day cycle without framedrops.

Stunning performance

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
giphy.gif

MGS5

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
It's amazing how DMC 5 looks better than a lot of other AAA games that are 30 FPS and are saddled with gross motion blur to compensate

It's a repeat of how DMC 4 came out in 2008 and ran at 60 too and also looked better than a lot of the muddy, unreal 3 engines messes that released after it.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's DMC 5. This thread is about the "Best Looking", Gears is technically one of the best games on consoles but for me it lacks in the art department.

DMC 5 is a beautiful game top to bottom.

I would nominate FH4 (X1X).
I mean talking art wise I still think Gears 5 beats DMCV. The action looks amazing, but the environments look super drab and boring, theyre repetitive too.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Love how Gears 5 gets labelled as 4K when its dynamic and doesn't even hit half the time.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The first game I played when I got my 4K HDR TV was Forza Motorsport 7, and I thought it was jaw dropping.

Seeing that nobody else has mentioned it here though, maybe it doesn't hold up to the likes of Gears 5 or GT Sport. I had to delete it due to HDD space, but I should reinstall and look again.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
FH4.

I'm also gonna say that Kingdom Hearts 3 looks really fucking incredible at times, but I recognize that it's not really 60 fps, just unlocked, hovering mostly around 45-50 - although you can get close to a 60 fps lock on a PS4 Pro if you force 1080p mode.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
If we're talking best-looking, and not most technically advanced, my vote is for Cuphead. The game is 'childhood dreams' realized.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's amazing how DMC 5 looks better than a lot of other AAA games that are 30 FPS and are saddled with gross motion blur to compensate

It's a repeat of how DMC 4 came out in 2008 and ran at 60 too and also looked better than a lot of the muddy, unreal 3 engines messes that released after it.
Which AAA games at 30 FPS look worse than dmc

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's hard to argue against Gears 5 (that game would look impressive if it wasn't 60fps).

But DMCV and Battlefront are great shouts as well.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do games count that only run 60fps on the enhanced consoles? If that is the case than that's the Shadow of the Colossus remake for me. Gorgeous open world environments, the gigantic colossi and that all runs at a stable 60fps on PS4 Pro.

SpeedySelfishAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

MassiveDimpledAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

FirmForthrightDore-size_restricted.gif

(Sorry, didn't quickly find higher quality gifs.)

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's DMC 5. This thread is about the "Best Looking", Gears is technically one of the best games on consoles but for me it lacks in the art department.

DMC 5 is a beautiful game top to bottom.

I would nominate FH4 (X1X).

That's absolutely not true.

Yeah the game and it's char models look incredible in cutscenes.

Other then that it doesn't look that impressive and environments look quite flat and dull.

Jul 4, 2018
Consoles on Performance Mode were great for these (Forza Horizon <3)

But the recent Resi-naissance is my favourite for this, especially RE7

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think Mortal Kombat 11 deserves a mention here.

209473.gif

Definitely the best looking fighting game.

There are a lot of good contenders. Call of Duty 2019 tends to look pretty good, GT Sport is probably the best looking racer with FH4 close behind, Gears 5 looks pretty good.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
PS3 / 360: Rage
PS4 / XB1: Gears 5

If Halo Infinite is 60fps on current gen (XB1X), then it probably has a chance at taking that crown.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Gears, Ori and the newest fighting games.

I must be the only person that does not find DMCV impressive, characters models are very good, eveything else is average to bellow average to me at least.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
It's very far from beeing 60 now. A lot of slowdown and stuttering on x

I think I'm around 25/30% completion as we speak and I honestly haven't noticed any drop on my X1X (as opposed to my first try a few days after launch, where I simply stopped playing because of the constant drops and slowdowns).

Maybe I'll see them when progressing further in the game.