• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spider-film

• SM1

Votes: 33 6.3%
  • SM2

Votes: 309 59.3%
  • SM3

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • ASM1

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • ASM2

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • SP Homecoming

Votes: 119 22.8%
  • SP Far from Home

Votes: 41 7.9%

• Total voters

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Spiderverse needed 1 movie for the amount of heart/action most of these needed 2 movies to do.

giphy.gif
I wish more animated Marvel movies were a thing. Into The Spider-Verse could do so much more than the live Action movies. They couldn't get away with the design, the art technique, and the crazy stuff that happens in that movie.

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fixed the title to help that.

Although, I do feel that the lack of including Spiderverse does kind of suck, even though it's not live action. It's a major blockbuster Spider-Man film, and a damn good one at that.

Regardless, if I had to pick a live action one, it's Spider-Man 2

Only 7 poll slots. Something had to give.

Oct 31, 2017
this was pretty much a troll thread before the mod fixed it lmao

I just think SM2 is overrated

SM1 is better. DaFoe's Osborn is still the best live action adaptation of a Spider-Man villain, despite the costume

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I know he's a die hard fan and cares more than most, but Garfield was miscast as Peter Parker. I feel bad for him considering it was his dream job and all, but he's just too cool and attractive in addition to being a genius teen scientist and morally superior altruistic demi-god. Peter in the ASM films would be drowning in vaginas if the script didn't insist he was a huge nerd.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
homecoming > far from home > spider-man 1 > spider-man 2

those are the ones i've seen.

snackshack

Oct 30, 2017
I prefer the new ones. Definitely enjoyed 1&2 Tobey back when I saw them in theaters. I really don't like 2 anymore. Garfield's could have been great considering the talent they had. Tom Holland is such a nice Spider-Man that enjoys being a hero and I'm totally into that.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Into the spider-verse
Spiderman 2
Homecoming
Far from Home
Spiderman 1
**the jpg of 60s spidermans pointing at each other**
Spiderman 3
Amazing 🕷️ 1
Amazing 🕷️ 2

Oct 30, 2017
I grew up with the Raimi trilogy and I don't know what people see in Spider-Man 2 today. I recently rewatched the whole trilogy and while SM2 is the best, boy they aged...

Anyway, it's Homecoming for me.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I actually prefer the original.

It was exciting at the time to see Toby come to grips with being Spidey in an origin story on the big screen. And Dafoe was fantastic as Green Goblin.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I grew up with the Raimi trilogy and I don't know what people see in Spider-Man 2 today. I recently rewatched the whole trilogy and while SM2 is the best, boy they aged...

Anyway, it's Homecoming for me.

Agreed. Homecoming is not only the correct answer here but for me it invested me completely in the MCU because it brought the world to life on a ground level.

Spider-man 2 is both goofy and miserable. The best aged of the Raimi films is easily the first one.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Homecoming. Never cared for the Raimi movies, not even SM2 which I think is insanely overrated. A great Molina performance doesn't save the movie from the rest nor elevates it to goat status.

Tobey is by far the worst Peter Parker so far to me, I'd even take Garfield over him (shame his movies were awful).

Oct 25, 2017
Both Peter and MJ are pretty toxic in the original 3. Also MJ has to be rescued at the end of each movie. I think some people need to rewatch them because they are held up on a pedistal.

I like each generation of spiderman movies for different things that they did well so I'm not going to vote on the poll.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man 2 >>> Homecoming > Far From Home = Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 3 >>> Amazing Spider-Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor: The Dark World > Amazing Spider-Man 2

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
2 then 1. The 3 abomination and boring ASM movies are still better than all that Marvel wankverse stuff shoved into the new ones. Shame they would've been good without that probably.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It's a tie between SM1 and 2 to me. I enjoy SM3 and the Tom Holland movies are watchable but like most MCU flicks they are a 1 time watch thing.
I honestly don't remember anything from the Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 so I can't rate them.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Figured MCU bias would give it to Homecoming so glad to see the actual best live action spiderman film is leading. SM2 took the solid foundation of the first film and raised the bar to the level where SM2 remains a GOAT CBM.

Spiderverse is legit great but if the OP wants to limit it to live-action can people just accept it?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The best overall Spider-Man movie is easily Spider-Verse,

But live action is 2. It lays out why Peter Parker is a terrific character that can see his own failures and yet come back from them.

That said: now dig on this.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I remember reading an old website that reviewed (usually terrible) 80s action films and it reviewed Aliens and pointed out comparing it to other 80s action is so unfair because its obviously on another planet compared to the rest. That's how I feel about Spider-Man 2 and all other comic book films.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Spider-Man 2

There's really no competition. It's one of the best superhero movies of all time. Everything just fits. It's an amazing exploration of Peter Parker as a character, has a fantastic villain, a brilliant final showdown that fits completely with the themes of the film (vs. a lot of other superhero films that stumble in the final act because 'we must have the big hero fight and screw the thematic layers') and some of the best shot scenes in any superhero film (that horror-ish scene in the hospital is pure perfection).

The only competition when it comes to Spidey movies is Into the Spider-Verse and that's not live-action.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
2 > 1 > Homecoming > 3 > ASM1 > ASM2 > Far From Home

The first two are the only ones i really love.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'll hand one thing to ASM2: it had the balls to actually kill Gwen Stacy.
It had so much balls they slipped out of the underwear in the opening scene.
To me it's Spider-Man 2 for the train scene alone. The New Yorker carrying the unmasked Peter is peak Spider-Man. Raimi gets it.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's Spider Man 2, no contest.

Special mention to Homecoming, just because of Micheal Keaton's Vulture, in the Top3 Villains of the MCU.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
It's funny how much shit Sony has got (largely deserved) but they have been completely creatively responsible for the 2 best spiderman movies. I'm sure no one would have pegged them to make something like spiderverse once upon a time.