Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Not totally what the OP was asking for but the Black Mages are all kinds of awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFClaxe3XQ&t=9s

That's Final Fantasy long time composer, Nubuo Uematsu, covering major songs from throughout the series with a band rather than a orchestra. This ain't some straight forward covers either, there's some serious craft going on here.

Another vote for Doom as well.
Hell yeah! Love me some Black Mages. Uematsu plays the organ/keyboard and it's the best.

Oct 28, 2017
Thunder Force IV had some face melters.

There's a song from Duke Nukem II that is so very obviously meant to be metal as fuck but the hardware at the time stopped it sounding good, so here's a reimagining.

Then one of the absolute granddaddies of metal in games, Killing Floor. This song during a Patriarch fight, you can't beat it.

And another Killing Floor song for good measure.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Need for Speed PS1
Don't know how to timestamp on iPhone, fastforward to 19:25. Sweet sweet instrumental metal đź‘Ť That's just one song but there are lots of cool songs there, have a listen, you won't regret it. I recorded it to to cassette och listened to it in my SAAB 99, made the trips a bit less depressing lol

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
This is good. It's composed by Andrew Hulshult? Is the rest of the OST like this? Makes me feel like I need to check out QC.
Speaking of Andrew Hulshult...

Don't sleep on DUSK, y'all. Fantastic game. The first couple levels may not sell you but pound for pound I'd say this ranks up with Titanfall 2 as far as creative, exciting level design in recent shooter campaigns goes.