Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Walton Goggins during the season 5 finale of The Shield.

Jeremy Strong during the season 3 finale of Succession.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
not a movie or tv show but

661a05d0fd6d4933e5e5e3cbe0cbb55a1b376844.gifv

What is it?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Walter White's phone call to Skyler in Ozymandias in Breaking Bad. Cranston conveys so many conflicting emotions it's incredible.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

8c9e22e1c39b8acbae4b6a9b5e97a93c.jpg

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Christopher Walken trying to hold it together in The Deer Hunter scene in the hospital.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Also, Toni Collette in Sixth Sense.

Great point.

Actually, come to think of it, a bunch of Shyamalan movies have some good ones:

Bruce Willis telling Haley Joel he can't help him anymore in Sixth Sense, Mel Gibson talking to Ray Reddy in Signs, Abigail Breslin at the dinner table in Signs, Bryce Dallas explaining why she has to go to the town in The Village, Paul Giamatti in Lady in the Water.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Dec 30, 2020
I can't find a clip of it but in the Robin Williams Popeye movie, there's a scene that really hit me as a kid, with Cole Oyl (Olive Oyl's father) played by MacIntyre Dixon. This guy:

hqdefault.jpg

After Olive basically blows off Bluto's marriage proposal by showing up with Popeye and carrying Sweet Pea, Bluto uses his sway to have everything in the Oyl's household stripped and repossessed. Throughout it all Cole is buried in a newspaper as he's been comically seen throughout the movie. Olive's mother is in hysterics and screams at him, "WOULD YOU STOP READING?!" and snatches the newspaper away to reveal he's been sitting there crying the whole time and she comforts him.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
The boy crying scene in The Road, ever since i heard this

HILLCOAT: The key to it all, really, was that relationship. Viggo and I were so very relieved to have discovered Kodi, and Viggo and Kodi were both very passionate about the material. I think they worked off the landscapes; that was one of the advantages of being in those actual places. It was like another actor that they were always reacting to. And there was a very special moment early on, a breakthrough that happened that just made them inseparable.

HARTMAN: What was that?

HILLCOAT: It was that scene where he's washing the boy's hair out after the terrible shock of the road gang, and Kodi started to cry for real because he was cold from the water in his hair. We were all on edge. I was about call "Cut," but Kodi kept playing the lines. And Viggo was starting to comfort him as well as playing the scene, so it became this incredible commitment to what we were doing.

HARTMAN: That must have been intense.

HILLCOAT: It was extraordinary. To the credit of Kodi's father, who's also an actor, he stepped away from that to allow Viggo to calm Kodi down. They held their embrace. It went on for 20 minutes after the scene, and from that day on there was an extra dimension to their relationship.
www.interviewmagazine.com

End of the Line - Interview Magazine

The Road director John Hillcoat on making Cormac McCarthy's post-apocalyptic vision look like reality.

NewDayMarch

Nov 25, 2017
Could certainly be recent bias (watched it last night), but Nicholas Cage in Pig. It creates empathy-you see your fellow man in pain like that, and you realize it doesn't matter what caused it (or if you valued his loss as much as he did, you're dragged to the depths with him).

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember the 24 season 3 finale .

- YouTube