tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got mine before my GCU expires on Friday. So preorders do get locked in at GCU prices?

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine before my GCU expires on Friday. So preorders do get locked in at GCU prices?
i pre ordered a bunch of games before it expired and it still shows them at gcu prices.

Where can I check when mine expires? I tried the website but it seems to be gone from where I used to see it?
i tried finding when mine expired and couldn't find the option anymore. that is why i went on a pre order spree.

Jan 21, 2018
Where can I check when mine expires? I tried the website but it seems to be gone from where I used to see it?
On the Best Buy app, I go to "Profile", then "View Profile" (right under your name), then "Manage Your Rewards".. Scroll down a bit and you should see it. Found out mine expires at the end of March so I, too, am looking at everything possible I wanna preorder before the end of the year to still get that discount...

Oct 25, 2017
On the Best Buy app, I go to "Profile", then "View Profile" (right under your name), then "Manage Your Rewards".. Scroll down a bit and you should see it. Found out mine expires at the end of March so I, too, am looking at everything possible I wanna preorder before the end of the year to still get that discount...
Well, thanks for this method. I think I'll be able to tell from this, but for the moment, the App seems to be not working because it tells me "We're Sorry, Rewards information is currently unavailable."

I'll check back on it tomorrow. I think I might have this until November.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Well, thanks for this method. I think I'll be able to tell from this, but for the moment, the App seems to be not working because it tells me "We're Sorry, Rewards information is currently unavailable."

I'll check back on it tomorrow. I think I might have this until November.

Yeah I'm getting the same thing. I know mine expires in 2020, I just can't remember when.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Every time this thread gets necro'd I pour one out for GCU. Played a lotta games this gen, RIP.

Oct 25, 2017
The app ended up working for me, I got until Nov. 5th this year before my membership expires. Shame I can't use it for discounts on digital games, but I see Animal Crossing has a $10 reward for a pre-order, even digital. Might end up doing that.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
One week until my GCU ends, a day I've been dreading for some time now.

Really regret not stacking up like ten years a long time ago like some folks did.

I'll probably end up making one last hurrah purchase and spend way too much money in the process.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Every time this gets bumped I get scared they quit the program for existing members

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One week until my GCU ends, a day I've been dreading for some time now.

Really regret not stacking up like ten years a long time ago like some folks did.

I'll probably end up making one last hurrah purchase and spend way too much money in the process.
I was about to go grab three years when the news leaked out they were going to end the program. Shit sucked, because I had a chance to go a few days earlier, but didn't because I decided to wait for my days off.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Alright, made three orders tonight:

Applied my 25% off coupon to a Doom: Eternal pre-order. I figure between the $10 back in rewards and the free copy of Doom 64 on top of the 25% off coupon and the GCU discount it was the best way to maximize those savings. Ended up being $39.30 after tax. Hopefully the delay is a matter of a few months and it doesn't slip into a holiday release.

Pre-ordered Metroid Prime 4, No More Heroes 3, Bravely Default 2 and The Outer Worlds. I definitely want The Outer Worlds and pre-ordered everything else I figured would be of interest to lock in the GCU price. I can cancel any of the other items individually if I decide against them later. Wanted to pre-order Gods & Monsters as well but it doesn't seem to be listed. Was gonna pre-order Bayonetta 3 as well, but I was never huge into the franchise.

Placed an order for a few Limited Run releases: Transistor, Rogue Legacy, and Turok. I really wanted to scoop up the LRG releases I don;'t own, but I wasn't really to drop $250 on my final order. Picked out the items I wanted most from the bunch.

And that's it. G'bye, GCU. My already light game purchases is about to get a whole lot lighter.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, made three orders tonight:

Applied my 25% off coupon to a Doom: Eternal pre-order. I figure between the $10 back in rewards and the free copy of Doom 64 on top of the 25% off coupon and the GCU discount it was the best way to maximize those savings. Ended up being $39.30 after tax. Hopefully the delay is a matter of a few months and it doesn't slip into a holiday release.

Pre-ordered Metroid Prime 4, No More Heroes 3, Bravely Default 2 and The Outer Worlds. I definitely want The Outer Worlds and pre-ordered everything else I figured would be of interest to lock in the GCU price. I can cancel any of the other items individually if I decide against them later. Wanted to pre-order Gods & Monsters as well but it doesn't seem to be listed. Was gonna pre-order Bayonetta 3 as well, but I was never huge into the franchise.

Placed an order for a few Limited Run releases: Transistor, Rogue Legacy, and Turok. I really wanted to scoop up the LRG releases I don;'t own, but I wasn't really to drop $250 on my final order. Picked out the items I wanted most from the bunch.

And that's it. G'bye, GCU. My already light game purchases is about to get a whole lot lighter.

What delay are you talking about with doom eternal?? I thought it was coming out next week.