• Batman Arkham Origins

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • Batman Arkham Knight

Votes: 79 13.0%

• Total voters

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
City is the happy middle ground between evolving on asylum without the content bloat of Knight

rocksteady should make more games. Just my opinion sorry

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I think City is my favorite. Asylum and Knight are both amazing too. I still haven't played origins though

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
City is my favorite open world game of all time. The sidequests actually had story and each one explored a villain of the batman universe. I love that approach and it fits a superhero game perfectly. I wish Spiderman did that instead of making catch pigeons 10 times.

Knight is an awesome game. The went a bit overboard with the vehicle but it controlled wonderfully. There was just too much of it.

Asylum is a fun game but not as good as City or Knight. The final boss alone brings down the game. Such a bad decision.

Origin was a mess. A buggy game that had lacked the polish of the Rocksteady entries. I could not 100% it because some sidequests were bugging. I also never could understand the praise for the bosses. Their were just average.

Bor Gullet you forgot Blackgate. It was a decent metroidvania, obviously design for handhelds. I had fun with it.

so:

City > Knight > Asylum > Blackgate > Origin

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Asylum for me, the other games have a toy playset kind of vibe to them that's always put me off, they never quite got Gotham right. The first game has a Dredd or the Raid flavor to it with Batman being locked in one confined space that I've always been really fond of.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The combat improvements to City were great, plus I think it captured the unique feels to playing as Catwoman and Nightwing (also, Robin) the best.

Knight was quite a letdown in the Batmobile combat, boss fight, and narrative departments. I think it also took the worst from Ubisoft's visible checklist of side content actions.

PSbigfan

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Arkham Asylum because it was the first game that change batman games for ever and after that everything the same with some different.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
it's knight. I've realized having played these games very recently that some people hate the batmobile so much it doesn't make up for the mechanical improvements in Knight.

I don't understand liking City. I think it's a mediocre game, I think Knight does everything that game did but better. Except maybe the story? I don't know since I didn't really care about the story in any of them.

My rating:

Knight > Asylum > Origins > City

Note: I didn't actually enjoy any of them that much.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
You and I know they're all the same game, the reason I voted Arkham city was because of the open world.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm still torn between Asylum and City. I can never really choose. Asylum is more focused, great atmosphere and simplicity. City makes everything bigger and refines the gameplay really well.

Origins has garbage gameplay so it's automatically the worst and Knight also has weaker combat, plus weaker side content and the Batmobile focus.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
My favorite is Arkham Asylum but I think the best Arkham game is Arkham Origins because it has the best story. But they all have great qualities.

Arkham Asylum changed superhero games and is the original.

Arkham City is the perfect sequel showing how to balance innovation with old stuff.

Arkham Origins has the best Batman feel of the games with the best story and writing.

Arkham Knight has amazing graphics and gameplay but everything else is flawed.

Where's my Origins gang at?

You and I know they're all the same game, the reason I voted Arkham city was because of the open world.

Yes they're all in fact games based on Batman.

Last edited:

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
City > origins > Knight > asylum.

I always flip flop origins and city. I loved both from start to finish. Knight was cool but Bruce/batman fell flat for me. Asylum is whatever.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I liked Knight the best. It did some really cool stuff with one of the best storylines out there. I've beaten it like 3x

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
City is still my personal favorite. Never tried origins yet but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. I had some fun with AK but never enjoyed it enough to really try to finish everything like I did with City or Asylum.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
City is still my personal favorite. Never tried origins yet but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. I had some fun with AK but never enjoyed it enough to really try to finish everything like I did with City or Asylum.

You should try Origins soon. It's the perfect time because the developer(WB Montreal) is getting ready to announce the next Batman game in a few months. It's also a good game.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
You should try Origins soon. It's the perfect time because the developer(WB Montreal) is getting ready to announce the next Batman game in a few months. It's also a good game.
Yeah but I'm not too happy about buying the last gen version. I was just expecting them to eventually port it over to the current gen like the return to arkham release but it doesn't look like that'll be happening so I might just bite the bullet and grab it on the PS3.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Yeah but I'm not too happy about buying the last gen version. I was just expecting them to eventually port it over to the current gen like the return to arkham release but it doesn't look like that'll be happening so I might just bite the bullet and grab it on the PS3.

Well there's a slight possibility that they'll remaster it with the new game. It's on Xbox One though. BC.

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
Batman is his villains and the only game that had great battles with them was Origins. Origins also had the best story and the best narrative justification for there being no civilians on the streets.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It's City, but I understand why someone would pick Asylum.

Origins has the best story of the four, but they broke the combat pre-electro gloves.

Knight is trash.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Batman is his villains and the only game that had great battles with them was Origins. Origins also had the best story and the best narrative justification for there being no civilians on the streets.

Arkham City has a good justification. It's a literal super prison.

It's City, but I understand why someone would pick Asylum.

Origins has the best story of the four, but they broke the combat pre-electro gloves.

Knight is trash.

I dislike Knight too but if a game has great gameplay, graphics and detail, can we really call it trash?

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Asylum is the best and most focused game. I found City's open world lame. Knight's open world was pretty awesome minus the tank battles. Have yet to play Origins.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike Knight too but if a game has great gameplay, graphics and detail, can we really call it trash?

I don't think it has great gameplay. The combat is less crisp than City to me and the tank stuff is complete shit. And two major conflicts, including one that's the culmination of a multi-game arc, are played out using that shitty tank combat instead of a real fight between two actual characters. It's awful, and the design of the entire game suffers as a result. It is definitely a very pretty game and a fine technical achievement in terms of presentation but I am very comfortable calling the game part of Arkham Knight trash.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Asylum here. It's the one I always go back to. Nice, concise and didn't overstay it's welcome.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I usually would say city but after I got the plat on Knight I would go with that now. The gameplay was just so good in that game.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
All of them have various aspects that I consider best in the series.

But overall I would pick Asylum. Great series. Hope whatever Rocksteady is working on next is just as good.

Oct 25, 2017
Asylum is a perfect video game. It's simple, its focused, and its paced brilliantly. It broke the framing that superhero games could only be "mediocre to decent". It's only flaw is it's boss fights.

City just adds too much, and it ends up feeling bloated. It improves the boss fights, but the narrative, pacing, etc feel like they falter. Also Riddler trophies became fucking annoying in this series after City.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Asylum by quite a measure for me. It was just the perfect length for a game, great atmosphere, great design. City started the bloated mess that was the rest of the series.

Oct 27, 2017
Hands down Arkham Knight. Unfortunately it suffers from the "not cools" so people don't give it the respect it's due. Best combat in the series. Most gadgets. Best predator sections. Batmobile is fun as hell and makes running around on foot/gliding in the previous games feel slow as hell. It's overflowing with high quality side content. It has the best representation of all of Batman's rogue's gallery as far as the Arkham games go. It has the best story of the three. It does suffer from a bit too much Battank stuff, but I even love that because we find out the reason Batman is driving a tank to begin with is actually because the Joker is riding shotgun in Bruce's brain. It top notch comic book affair for sure and a satisfying end to the story. There was also someone who did a video on length between moments of interest and AK in general moved faster than AA as far as pacing goes. So yeah, so much for AA feeling "tight". You are confusing tight with simple and that's what AA is.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
City >= Knight > Asylum > Origins
All of them were great. Also Arkham Knight is one of the most underrated games of all time.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I love Arkham Knight. I even liked the Batmobile. EXCEPT for those stealth batmobile missions where you had to hide from tanks and shit. Whoever thought that shit up needs a hard kick in the nuts.
It's also still one of the beat looking games I've ever seen.

This is exactly how I feel.
I felt like a little kid playing this game. Everything looked and felt great.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
City is the best. It's the best blend of gameplay improvements, story, and good character interactions. And despite being open world, it has a cohesive world where everything in it matters unlike Knight's.

I don't understand liking City. I think it's a mediocre game, I think Knight does everything that game did but better. Except maybe the story? I don't know since I didn't really care about the story in any of them.

Except the world, story, and villains.

I actually went back and replayed City after I finished Knight. Even the gameplay in Knight isn't really that much better than City's. Yeah there are definitely refinements, but still City plays absolutely great.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I love Arkham Knight. I even liked the Batmobile. EXCEPT for those stealth batmobile missions where you had to hide from tanks and shit. Whoever thought that shit up needs a hard kick in the nuts.
It's also still one of the beat looking games I've ever seen.

Don't forget the Deathstroke tank fight... which was a carbon copy of the Arkham Knight fight.

Who thought that was a good idea?

whoops double post

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
I'm with the Arkham Knight crew, and I'm even a batmobile apologist. The batmobile is just a slick, awesome way to include even more gadgets and upgrades, which are always the best aspect of these games. It definitely wasn't my primary method of traversal, but I always enjoyed using it. Also, while Arkham Knight's story certainly wasn't the best (Origins remains the peak) and was super predictable, I felt that it had the best storytelling of the series.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I can clearly remember playing asylum but city and Knight always mesh together in my mind and I can't ever separate them.

I liked everything but origins, but I'll go with asylum

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
City as an overall package is the GOAT, a truly special and unbelievable game. One of the rare sequels that went open-world and didn't fuck it up.

Asylum is the second best - what it lacks in game mechanics it makes up for with its rich atmosphere and love for the source material.

Origins is third. They brought some original ideas to the table but unfortunately the game was rushed out for the holidays and many bugs were never addressed.

Knight is fourth. This game made the mistakes City narrowly avoided, adding feature bloat at the cost of the story and atmosphere. Things like Batman failing to figure out who Red Hood is or slamming into thugs at 80 mph and pretending like they're unconscious. And everyone knows the Batmobile segments are simply a chore. There's a massive disconnect between the gameplay and story beats to the point where you cheer when the Batmobile gets crushed.