• Batman Arkham Knight

Votes: 79 13.0%

• Total voters

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
arkham-titles.jpg

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
To me, it's Knight, but I would imagine most people will say City, followed by some saying Asylum cuz they disliked Rocksteady's take on open world and there's always the "Origins is super underrated" crowd, even though Origins had a pretty by the numbers story, it wasn't very polished and reused a lot out of the previous games.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
1. Arkham Knight and it's not even close.

2. City or Origins. I can't decide which is better.
3. Asylum. Great game but isn't better than the others.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I personally like Arkham Asylum's SOTN-inspired level layout than the open world-inspired maps of Arkham City, Orgins, and Knight. I mean, between those four games, I can replay Asylum and still have fun with it, while I find the other games to be such a slog.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Arkham Knight. I even liked the Batmobile. EXCEPT for those stealth batmobile missions where you had to hide from tanks and shit. Whoever thought that shit up needs a hard kick in the nuts.
It's also still one of the beat looking games I've ever seen.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
City > Asylum > Origins > Knight

There's a big gulf between City/Asylum and Origins/Knight to me, though. I've played Asylum and City like a dozen times each, and I've never wanted to replay the other two.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
City.

My favorite game of the PS3/X360 gen, and I don't even care about Batman.

Asylum/Knight are pretty good but City is just perfection.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
City had the best balance of content, open world, gameplay, polish, etc. Origins had the best story but was really unpolished and the gameplay was glitchy. Asylum was the most focused but a little bit boring. Knight is terrible with its story and stupid bat tank.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Arkham City is 1A...Asylum is 1B...City expands the world but Asylum was fantastic as well...both games are excellent because Rocksteady knows their Batman history and it shows

Oct 25, 2017
Knight with Asylum as a close second. I like both Origins and City, but i'll put City third if only for the fact it has Kevin and Mark doing their voices.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to play City and Knight ever since they were released.

But I'm still like, midway through Asylum
Don't sleep on Origins. It had some really cool ideas in terms of detective stuff.

Arkham City is 1A...Asylum is 1B...City expands the world but Asylum was fantastic as well...both games are excellent because Rocksteady know their Batman history and it shows
They got the guy who wrote Batman: The Animated Series to write the story for the games. Then they got the voices from the show. They really went and did it right.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive always liked how tight asylum felt

reminded me of metroid prime a bit

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
If we put the overly done Batmobile battles, I feel Knight is the best.

If you really hate every second of Batmobile, then City

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
City had the most bombastic story, the most spectacular (as in, spectacle) boss-fights, a decent open world (not too big, not too small), and the best progression system.

I liked a lot of things about Origins but I absolutely hated how they botched the progression system where you HAD to do tasks in a certain order, and if you did them before they were assigned, that "didn't count" .

Asylum was a tight little package of a game, but it just left me wanting more. More enemies, more gadgets, more story. Better bosses than just a bunch of goons on Titan. And City delivered everything.

Knight just had a lot of missteps. The bat tank, the repetitive outpost missions, the story that started to develop real gravitas, and then pulled most of its punches for a happyish ending... it was all just so underwhelming.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
They all have their positives and negatives, but I think I'd pick Asylum, just for how fresh it felt at the time. Plus, in hindsight, I prefer Asylum's linearity to the larger worlds of the other three.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
it's a toss up between Origins and City for me. Probably leaning on City.

I didn't care fort the story in Knight, [insert Batmobile boss fight/missions complaint], and, no matter how beautiful it looked, "Gotham, but empty" isn't an interesting setting for the third time.

Asylym was a great experience, and I think it had an atmosphere the other games lacked, but the others improved on its base too much for me to rank it higher.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I personally like Arkham Asylum's SOTN-inspired level layout than the open world-inspired maps of Arkham City, Orgins, and Knight. I mean, between those four games, I can replay Asylum and still have fun with it, while I find the other games to be such a slog.
This. I'm not a fan of Rocksteady's open world design. Asylum is still the best Arkham game imo.

OP
OP
Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
City had the best balance of content, open world, gameplay, polish, etc. Origins had the best story but was really unpolished and the gameplay was glitchy. Asylum was the most focused but a little bit boring. Knight is terrible with its story and stupid bat tank.

This is exactly how I feel, though I liked Knight's story more than I didn't.

City is one of my all time favorite video games, one of the few I've got 100% in.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is by far Asylum, even with the dumb as hell last boss.

I was super-interested in Origins pre-release but after that bug and crash riddled launch and WB saying something like "We're not working on bugs anymore, we're busy on DLC" I've refused to give them money for it (meaning I'll never play it, not that I'll do something shitty like pirate it. I don't do that).

Oct 27, 2017
Asylum was my favorite—just loved how it wasn't as open world in feel compared to City/Knight. This is coming from someone who loves open world games too. Just had the perfect length and pacing.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the bugs, I'm going to say Origins. Story was better, character designs were better, the actual character modeling was better, it has the best boss fights with the only exception being Mr. Freeze in City, and it having enemies that could actually counter Batman's attacks were refreshing.

If it had time to cook, a bit more enemy variety, and didn't reuse the same exact gadgets and level design as Arkham City, I don't even think there'd be a discussion.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Don't sleep on Origins. It had some really cool ideas in terms of detective stuff.

They got the guy who wrote Batman: The Animated Series to write the story for the games. Then they got the voices from the show. They really went and did it right.
I actually have it, I got it on Steam for like a dollar last year I think.

I was planning on it eventually, but I'm just more interested in City and Knight

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'd say Arkham City, I enjoyed it a lot more. I solved all the riddles in Asylum and City, both fantastic games. I never did play Origins which I'd think is the best of the 4 based on forum speak.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I actually have it, I got it on Steam for like a dollar last year I think.

I was planning on it eventually, but I'm just more interested in City and Knight
The big issue with Origins is that the shock gauntlets later in the game take all of the challenge out of the combat. I wish I could turn them off but alas. Other than that it's a great game.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm partial to Asylum and Knight myself, but that's probably because those are the only two I finished, or even played for any length of time. I really need to play City more, that's the one that everyone keeps raving about.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
City by a mile. I've never seen an open game world so carved up with references. Not just empty fan nods, but a real sense of place and time. Even the two crappy follow ups haven't spoiled that sense of wonder for me

Nov 8, 2017
They're all good, can't decide overall.

Origins has the best story
Asylum has the best world
Knight has stunning visuals
City has probably the best balance in terms of mechanic complexity (Asylum a bit simple, Knight a bit over-complicated).

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Knight made it borderline impossible to go back to the previous games. It's so much better across the board, although not without its own flaws; but I can simply use the Bale skin and drive around in the Tumbler doing side missions and still have way more fun in Knight than I would in Asylum, City, or Origins.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Voted for Asylum. City definitely has the best story though.

Arkham Knight is low-key kind of trash though. The open world is fun but pretty much everything else is trash (story, batmobile, etc.)

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Asylum and City are by far my favorites, both are masterpieces. Origins was good, but coming off of City it felt like nothing was too fresh. Though I dug the story more than the others iirc. Knight was fine, but a pretty big disappointment with a garbage story.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Asylum. Didn't care for the more open world route city went in. I'll take the Metroidvania level design any day.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
City>Asylum>>>>Knight>>Origins

City is just a wonderful game through and through.