• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I feel like, based on the interviewing style that Rogan has, that the whole appeal of the show is that people want to feel like they're getting educated without having to ever address the embarrassment that comes along with the admission of being wrong, which is usually an important part of learning.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Rogan is a walking musclehead galaxy brain. Its amazing people take him seriously instead of as a weird curio of possible brain damage from MMA and drugs.

Rogan has never done MMA. He did TKD in his early 20s and has a Machado black belt in BJJ. That has nothing to do with the effects of subconcussive CTE we see in pro fighters.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I've been coming around on Bernie, but this is a fucking mistake.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
im interested in a longform bernie video, i'll check it out when it comes online

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'That's real interesting about the free healthcare Bernie, but have you ever tried DMT?'
cxjznlucfd321.jpg

la4nxo6k9w621.jpg

joe-rogan-podcast-in-a-nutshell_o_7257077.jpg

LOL that is so accurate. I can only take Joe Rogan seriously when it comes to MMA and maybe Fear Factor. Other than that he just comes across as a numpty.
FUCKING LMAO. you summed it up perfectly.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan is a walking musclehead galaxy brain. Its amazing people take him seriously instead of as a weird curio of possible brain damage from MMA and drugs.

If he didn't seriously have alt-righters on his goddamn show all the time then sure, we can laugh at his dumb galaxy brian shit. But he does have them on. He legitimizes them. One of his best friends is Alex fucking Jones.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Problem is that going on fox is a direct appeal to people who won't otherwise see dissent or facts -- and Bernie did so well there that it caused a real rift with Trump and Fox so it's hard to see it as anything but a win for Bernie and his stated reason for doing it.

But going on Rogan feeds directly into the 2016 conspiracy and Bernie BroBot atmosphere but without the principled stand our otherwise impossible audience outreach. It's a really bad idea. It will also affect how he's viewed (for better or worse) by regular media. Which will feed into this bad idea cycle.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I would love to watch every Presidential candidate have to sit down for a 2~3 hour interview. Nobody can hold up an act that long. Looking forward to this.

Ultryx

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Honestly I think it's a good move by Bernie to appear on the Podcast. It may be an opportunity to bring back some people who were willing to vote for him in 2016, but couldn't bring themselves to support HRC. Interviews like this are, essentially, better than the CNN crap we get on TV.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Rogan called walking into a theater full of black people "planet of the apes", and he also made fun of a black fighter who had his heart stop during a fight, and said he probably had too much fried chicken and orange soda. And you people want to ask why Joe Rogan is hated.

. . .

what the fuck?

Oct 28, 2017
Rogan has never done MMA. He did TKD in his early 20s and has a Machado black belt in BJJ. That has nothing to do with the effects of subconcussive CTE we see in pro fighters.

He's done multiple types of martial arts and began building debilitating headaches from the contact fights he had. He's still a case of a brain being rattled about in a thick skull, from the space-tier thinking he does. Definitely needs to breathe thicker air.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's done multiple types of martial arts and began building debilitating headaches from the contact fights he had. He's still a case of a brain being rattled about in a thick skull, from the space-tier thinking he does. Definitely needs to breathe thicker air.

If I remember correctly, those came from a neck injury? He tweaked his neck doing BJJ and had to get it surgically repaired. And again, besides TKD, all the contact damage he would have received happened in training.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People hoping Bernie and Warren 'team up' I think are a bit naive. Warren is clearly on a different trajectory than Bernie and Bernie is too prideful to ever bend the knee.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
This is going to be amazing for two reasons

1) Joe thinks he's smart and isn't, and Bernie is going to just stomp all over his show for two hours
2) The left need to go to outside networks and fucking talk, because it's not about appealing to the host but the listeners that might have never heard other viewpoints portrayed in a way that isn't completely false or inflammatory or both.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Probably an unpopular view but after the cornel west interview I can see why there could be a benefit to him going on the show and expose Rogan's viewers to some different ideas.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
This is going to be amazing for two reasons

1) Joe thinks he's smart and isn't, and Bernie is going to just stomp all over his show for two hours
2) The left need to go to outside networks and fucking talk, because it's not about appealing to the host but the listeners that might have never heard other viewpoints portrayed in a way that isn't completely false or inflammatory or both.

#2 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how this can do anything but benefit Bernie's standing in the polls, honestly. Joe's audience is absolutely massive and probably pre-disposed to a bit of head nodding at what Bernie has to say.
I feel like if he wants to grow the number of supporters he has in the primary, trying to recruit more Bernie bros isn't going to change things for the better in the long run.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Honestly I think the real answer to this is for him to go on an Adomian podcast, but while I know Adomian plays Ventura I don't think he's ever done Rogan

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Bernie fans have some deep thinking to do now since many say just making contact with Joe tags you as a racist.

Oct 26, 2017
Problem is that going on fox is a direct appeal to people who won't otherwise see dissent or facts -- and Bernie did so well there that it caused a real rift with Trump and Fox so it's hard to see it as anything but a win for Bernie and his stated reason for doing it.

But going on Rogan feeds directly into the 2016 conspiracy and Bernie BroBot atmosphere but without the principled stand our otherwise impossible audience outreach. It's a really bad idea. It will also affect how he's viewed (for better or worse) by regular media. Which will feed into this bad idea cycle.
I dunno, this is a double edge sword.

Positive:
If Bernie gets the nomination its a net positive I think. As it would get some of rogans audience to vote for him, and more so, the bernie bro gans to be talking points in there circles to popularize him more.

Negative
If Bernie doesnt get the nomination its a worse negative. It'll be Nina Turner + Rogans Base turned up to 11 walk out of the DNC, not only protesting the DNC, but the Democratic candidate, pushing your vote doesnt matter furthering voter suppresion, and pushing more people to vote against the Democratic candidate.

For Bernie specifically if he is full bore win it or burn it down mode this makes sense. unfortunately.

At the moment I see the Dem pick being Bernie or Warren, Biden is stabbing himself in the foot repeatedly.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no Joe Rogan fan, but his audience seems like exactly the kind of people who are disconnected from politics enough to swing from someone all the way on the right to someone all the way on the left, after simply listening to them talk for fifteen minutes. So it's not the worst move.

Problem will be when the next episode has some alt-right dude on the audience swings aaaaalllllllllllll the way back.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Rogan has that casual racism. That's one of the more dangerous types, but still appeals to a lot of people.

Should be an easy interview for Sanders though. Not sure it adds too much.

Jun 20, 2019
I think this is good for spreading his message in a more-or-less undiluted way to a large audience who otherwise get their news filtered through other political actors. Two hours to talk directly to the public is a god-send for serious politicians of any stripe.

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
I would love to watch every Presidential candidate have to sit down for a 2~3 hour interview. Nobody can hold up an act that long. Looking forward to this.

The fact that it's a longform interview is probably why I won't be able to resist watching. I just hope some meatheads come away with a better idea of who the real enemies are. I feel like some will.

I still wish he was doing this somewhere else, even though I'm not sure there's a better platform to reach certain people. Don't think I'll know how to feel until I see some of it.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good move. Appealing to racist conservatives when running in a Democratic Primary.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I subscribe to his podcast, but I pretty much delete every episode. Every now and then he has someone interesting on who isnt a shithead. This is one of those times.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
The Joe Rogan Experience is a pretty big deal.

I want Bernie to do Howard Stern too.

Status
Not open for further replies.