Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
My dad had this years back and immediately felt way better than he had in a very long time. Stents are pretty minor and, if everything goes well, he'll be back up and running soon.

That said, this may kill his campaign. You don't want a president with heart problems.

I agree. It's too risky for Bernie to campaign now.

The most important thing, is for Bernie to have the surgery & for him to have a good recovery.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This will hurt his campaign for sure. It's unfortunate because it shows he's literally sacrificing his health for the country and still may not get the nom. I hope he takes all the time he needs to recover.
He's a fighter and he's still the right person for the job, but he has to do what is best for himself. And I don't know how bad the blockage was and if there was any damage to his heart.

America still needs him and his ideas.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Ah, fucking goddamn no. Bernie get well soon mate, for your sake, just take it easy and don't do anything that's gonna put yourself in harm's way. You know this must be a little bit devastating for him, the man is in the game for the best possible reasons and this all but seals his campaign's fate. Fantastic human being and a model of the good politician. If he directly leads to the nomination and eventual presidency of Warren, then it will be undeniable that his work dragged the democratic party to the left, albeit marginally compared to what he personally stood for.

No doubt a lot of his voters are about to migrate to Warren... you can see it in this thread. That migration might just seal her the nomination.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
It's a fake account.
I can't get at Twitter at the moment, but... I'm usually suspicious of accounts like this. Named after a candidate.

I can find the avatar image on this instagram account, apparently someone who was on Naked and Afraid (Discovery TV show). Would... they create a twitter account with the name "klobucharbabe"? For someone who's been on a cable TV show, wouldn't they use their actual name at least for publicity's sake? Didn't notice any political content on a few pages of their Instagram, or a link to that twitter account.

Not going to deny there are actual folks out there who would be this openly callous, but this just screams "not a real account" to me. (There were plenty of efforts in '16 by fake accounts to sow discord among Democratic voters.)

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Yikes heart stuff is not good, but seems like he's doing well.

If it's seriously effecting him long term he may drop and endorse Warren.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Ah, fucking goddamn no. Bernie get well soon mate, for your sake, just take it easy and don't do anything that's gonna put yourself in harm's way. You know this must be a little bit devastating for him, the man is in the game for the best possible reasons and this all but seals his campaign's fate. Fantastic human being and a model of the good politician. If he directly leads to the nomination and eventual presidency of Warren, then it will be undeniable that his work dragged the democratic party to the left, albeit marginally compared to what he personally stood for.

No doubt a lot of his voters are about to migrate to Warren... you can see it in this thread. That migration might just seal her the nomination.

Nah the ones on this thread always had Warren over Bernie anyways. I doubt he will lose much of his current support.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren and Bernie have been so friendly it almost seems like a given they're on the same ticket. Just a matter of in which order.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope he makes speedy recovery! Out of all the democratic candidates, he definitely has the most credos in terms of being left wing to a degree recognisable in Europe.

I would absolutely prefer a younger candidate if they took similar positions, but out of the lot, forget the media circus, the world needs radical action, and while even Bernie's proposals are not enough, they are ahead of any of the others. That is what is needed period. the stakes are that fecking high

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So?

Also, I'm not sure about the examiner or care. I googled it and it was a top result along with maaaaaaany other sources. Take your pick lol

Yea I know, it's just a long line of people magically using far right media sources to attack other people on the left. It's no different than citing shit from fox news, the motive in why something is being written is clear as day.

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
It's a relief to hear he made it through the surgery OK. Campaigning as much as he does isn't easy. Hope he gets the rest he needs before throwing himself back into it.
He is a strong and basically unique voice in American politics and having him in the campaign is good for the country.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to know he's already feeling better. This is only going to strengthen his campaign. Dude is a juggernaut in every sense.

Also concern trolling over this is ranging mildly disgusting to mask-off ageist horse shit so we can cease with that any time thanks

Last edited:

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Life long struggle? The fuck outta here with that.
I don't think you are reading into it correctly. He is saying struggle fighting for equality, not that he has some life long struggle say a PoC or an LBGTQ person may have which is how I assumed you read it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
He should drop out if the race. He's too damn old. His health should come first.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Snowy falcondoc

Since you two know what you're talking about, would this be considered a heart attack? I'm unsure of how broad of a term that is, honestly.

Impossible to say without more info. Personally, I think it's likely. Probably went to the hospital with chest pain and further testing either showed elevated troponins (generally indicative of a heart attack) and/or EKG changes (would could be a heart attack or just ischemia [lack of blood flow] to the heart muscle - which if prolonged can lead to a heart attack).

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Hope he has a speedy recovery. Did he have a heart attack? Receiving stents can be an outpatient surgery. From what I'm reading people typically leave the hospital after 12-24 hours and return to work in a week...as long as its not physically demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.