• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
For example, it's customary to visit relatives during Chinese New Year and there will always be that relative or friend who will say these things straight to your face:

"Why are you so fat!? Let me tell you how my son lost weight last year."
I'm always being told I should fatten up, fat is good. No thanks!

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I don't know but is this part of Chinese culture to speak without a filter? She was fucking savage calling that man's cuisine mediocre. Or is the translation not accurate?

my best friends fiancé roasts him all the time like this, so maybe? ( he's Chinese American and she's from mainland )

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I dug around for you folks:
1. She herself said she is 30
2. Guy spoke less than 10 sentences on first day, was somewhat embarrassed by the viral news
3. Guy has been doing all chores,
4. Her updates included phrases like "the guy is dependable / bookish / I'll try my best" - not clear if she is interested, or just being nice now that the whole internet is watching...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Alright, I dug around for you folks:
1. She herself said she is 30
2. Guy spoke less than 10 sentences on first day, was somewhat embarrassed by the viral news
3. Guy has been doing all chores,
4. Her updates included phrases like "the guy is dependable / bookish / I'll try my best" - not clear if she is interested, or just being nice now that the whole internet is watching...
Oh he's really trying the whole nine yards on this one

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, y'ain't had to drag him like that lady! But if she isn't interested, she isn't interested. I'm somewhat curious to see how the pandemic and quarantines are going to change media, like instead of "fake dating" or "two people one bed" type scenarios we see more "whoops quaratining with my crush" stuff. This bit of news in particular seems ripe for adaptations. Also I hope he didn't invite her over knowing that the lockdown would keep her there, that would be pretty bad.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe he's also not interested?

Doing chores and making food is normally what you do in your home.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he's also not interested?

Doing chores and making food is normally what you do in your home.

It's an arranged thing, so he could very well have decided that he won't pursue things any further after the initial meeting. Of course, then he got saddled with a guest for days. I can imagine wanting to minimize contact in that case, though I don't think that's particularly good hostmanship.

Oh he's really trying the whole nine yards on this one
I mean, it's his place.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Besides the fact he's as mute as a wooden mannequin, everything else [about him] is pretty good," Wang told the Paper on Tuesday. "Despite his food being mediocre, he's still willing to cook, which I think is great."

LOL!
Lol!!!!

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
An Era member that is snug as fuck in a baller jacket with scarf after traveling 1000 miles to meet.
giphy.webp

There absolutely is. She is probably like 30 and the family talks to her like she is an infertile grandma already. Chinese culture can be like that.

30 is usually the line where Chinese parents go from "my precious daughter better not be dating anyone or having sex" to "What am I going to do about my spinster daughter and when will she give me grandchildren?"

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Love how everyone thinks everyone else around here are weirdos.
Bit like how most people think they are one of the few good drivers on the road.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
For those saying movie: it's not about a pandemic but a snow storm, but there's an unremarkably bad romantic comedy along these lines called Two Night Stand. It's not funny, cute or charming. I mostly remember it because it's part of Kid Cudi's acting phase and I've never been able to understand that man's career (he's a supporting character in this one).

I recommend not watching it or seeking it out. I look forward to the pandemic remix of this. Maybe Cudi will be playing leads by then.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
yeah, i saw this snowstorm movie like peeps above

MV5BMjAyZDI5YzMtNjJkMS00ZDdmLWJiNjItNjY5Y2Y4MDJmZDQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Calling the dude's food mediocre to the whole world hurts. God he is lucky they didn't interview him because his dating life is over.

Dec 2, 2017
They're engaged!

A Chinese woman who was stuck at the home of her date for more than 20 days amid a Covid-19 lockdown in the province of Xianyang has told state media that the two are now getting engaged.

"We're happy with each other, and we are soulmates. It's easier to get along, and our parents are happy as well," Zhao Xiaoqing told Jimu News, a state-run news site.

In a video posted by the site, Zhao Fei, the boyfriend, was shown presenting her with flowers and making a snowman on another occasion, with her beaming in the foreground.

The woman, 28, told the news site that she was not initially interested when she first saw a picture of Zhao Fei, also 28, but found him to be better looking in real life.

After a successful first date at her hometown of Baoji, the woman flew to Xianyang to meet the man's family on December 22, only to be stuck there amid a Covid-19 lockdown.

www.thetimes.co.uk

20-day virus lockdown date in China leads ‘soulmates’ to engagement

A Chinese woman who was stuck at the home of her date for more than 20 days amid a Covid-19 lockdown in the province of Xianyang has told state media that the