• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't play the game for quite sometime, can I still get the weapons released in the previous events through normal progression?

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Iwo Jima is like "Normal" difficulty compared to Storm's "Hard". There's so many different things going on that no other map does, 4 tank spawns right on the ship deck. All of the sea navigation. ...The stupid japanese cannons.

All of these take trial and error and that's before telling your team to all go one point instead of both at the same time.
Every other sector is better, the first one just needs either flag to be easier to cap. Once people start to spawn on shore instead of the boats, it moves along just fine.

If you need any tips of what to do, destroy the cannons for whatever point you're taking first.
Then get on land and wait for the team to back you up and always flank around the sides of the flags. It really is all about either pushing your tanks or keeping theirs off the flag areas. The jungle Carbine is quite good on this map as well.

The music that plays when either team is about to win is by far my favorite.
Here's a bonus pic!

b3991458b4.png

Oh yeah, I honestly think the rocket tanks are... a little too good. If anything, the time in-between rocket shots is very small so if you've got the right aim you can one shot anything. I blew up two tanks with just one salvo, it's crazy.

To the above poster, yes. On level up you get Company Coin, just use that to get what you want in the Company menu.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
If this quality is indicative for the future of BFV we are in for great times.
This Pacific update is the true Battlefield! It all plays, looks and sounds amazing.

The game finally feels bigger in scale thanks to the new factions and that adds immensely to the atmosphere BFV was somehow lacking.

Battlefield is still the king.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
elenarie any reason why the post match screen goes so fast now? I see abit of the progression i made but then it already switching to a new map.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So I manage to die while laying sorta inside a half destroyed vehicle resupply point, bled out, someone apparently repaired the vehicle thing while I was there/bleeding and it repaired itself back to life as soon as I finished bleeding out.

I was stuck at the death screen unable to respawn for a while until my squad got wiped, then I was finally able to respawn.

Have it recorded if it'll help with the bug report elenarie

EDIT:

Thanks!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
When do the new Elites release? Will probably get the US marine at least. Also when previewing clothes in the armory it would be nice if there was an option to preview the outfit with both sexes, maybe there is and I'm missing it.

Oct 26, 2017
uh, you understand why don't you? Do you complain about the lack of swastikas as well?
The Rising Sun is a symbol of Japan that traces back to the 8th century, it is not solely associated with the colonialist practices of Imperial Japan. That would be like saying we shouldn't fly the British flag in game because of all the suffering their imperialism brought onto the world, or even America. The Swastika was not only a symbol of the Nazi Party, but has evolved beyond that as a general symbol of hate.

Oct 27, 2017
That plane exit is no fun.

I get killed-in-action somehow, probably executed by the plane wing or something.
The velocity carries over sometimes, I remain at the speed of aircraft when jumping out, being flinged either to the border or out of the map before I deploy a parachute.

How can we fix it. I feel like para-dropping behind enemy lines is not viable simply because the plane exit is so slow and buggy.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How does the chapter rank work again? I see no level in the menu. But it says in the main menu i am level 4. But if i count what i have unlocked already in chapters rewards i am already at block number 9?

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
That plane exit is no fun.

I get killed-in-action somehow, probably executed by the plane wing or something.
The velocity carries over sometimes, I remain at the speed of aircraft when jumping out, being flinged either to the border or out of the map before I deploy a parachute.

How can we fix it. I feel like para-dropping behind enemy lines is not viable simply because the plane exit is so slow and buggy.
Most people are not fan of wasting a plane for taxi, that being said if needed, the best way to do it imho is simply to go straight up when you get where you want to jump, so if your speed carry over it simply send you up, not out of bound.

They should add the para spawn beacon on other plane than the pacific one, it's a really nice tool, does not waste a plane like taxi would do.
I know one of the bomber spec also allow it to be a spawn point but I've yet to unlock it and that's like sadly limited to 1 plane out of 6 ( and I only the UK has that spec ).

Oct 27, 2017
Most people are not fan of wasting a plane for taxi, that being said if needed, the best way to do it imho is simply to go straight up when you get where you want to jump, so if your speed carry over it simply send you up, not out of bound.

They should add the para spawn beacon on other plane than the pacific one, it's a really nice tool, does not waste a plane like taxi would do.
I know one of the bomber spec also allow it to be a spawn point but I've yet to unlock it and that's like sadly limited to 1 plane out of 6 ( and I only the UK has that spec ).

I am not taking the fighters to taxi, I just have really bad time exiting any planes, and I feel it is the same for most players.

There are usually empty bombers flying around, because air gunner is a useless job.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bit disapointed by the lack of heads for the new factions honestly. Can't do all girl squads for the muricans and japanese. Might be forced to use Ilse and Hannah to fill the gap. People will be pissed.

Can I buy it immediately or do I need to reach certain ranks in each class?

Yeah, no issue.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I don't know what to do....my company page has been dark since the game came out....

edit: turns out DX12 on AMD GPUs can cause the issue. to fix it, switch to DX11.

kHkd3Ul.png

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
In the third sector on Iwo Jima its kinda bullshit that the Japanese can shoot into the USA spawn and the USA can't even build cover to defend themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, if you mean as a passenger, yeah it's shit if you are not on vocal communicating with the pilot. :/

Tried to exit the plan, but ended up standing on the wing for the split second, then lost all velocity and jumped straight down...

Yeah either you fight in the plane, or you suicide-random-exit to not give the kill.

There has to be some kind of immunity to your own plane collision when you exit, otherwise it just keeps happening.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised EA didn't spend some money to sponsor some Twitch streams today. Best content drop the game has seen, lot's of positive sentiment, yet less than 4000 people watching the game on Twitch for launch.

If you fell off the game earlier this year, you cold easily miss this.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
so, quick feedback on the new update

• Optimization is great! No more stuttering, at least on the new maps, i didn't test the old ones
  • Those are probably 2 of the best maps I ever played, I liked the sense of altitude
  • War atmosphere was improved, but still a long way to go comparing to other games or even BF1
  • Cheaters are still there and nothing was done to fight it, a big disappointment
  • Prone guys still there, shooting like hell :p
  • I had a good time and that's a good sign ! Still a good one DICE :)

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
DICE, I didn't know if you had it in you anymore, but
f42.png

Performance is okay, Maps are great, atmosphere is amazing (as long as I don't see any "wrong" Elites...).
Graphics/IQ are SO MUCH BETTER, I even had to load up Twisted Steel to compare and it's night and day - still looks like shit.
Definitely the best and "most Battlefield-y" BFV I have played, good job.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sherman is pretty good. I ran out of ammo and there were no supply stations so I just suicided it, lol.

sherman.png

Overall, it's alright. It's not that great, but this content drop is definitely a step in the right direction. This is no BC 2: Vietnam, but it's still decent. This is the first time in BF V they absolutely nailed the atmosphere. It finally feels like WW2. That being said, it's only two maps with one coming in December, so I can see it getting old fast. However, it's hard to go back to the base game because these maps are superior in every way. This is how it should have been at launch.

For free content, I can't complain. However, it leaves me wanting more. I'll stick around because if they keep adding good content like this, this game will be a completely different beast by the time the next BF is released.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Goddamnit, I wanted DICE to remove Specializations, not double down on them! Why the hell do I see 6(!) tiers on the new vehicles? Only more grind to reach optimum gameplay power on EACH vehicle!

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamnit, I wanted DICE to remove Specializations, not double down on them! Why the hell do I see 6(!) tiers on the new vehicles? Only more grind to reach optimum gameplay power on EACH vehicle!

It's not that bad, the most important upgrades are all in the first 3 level, which you can gain after one match if you're good in a tank.

That said, since the specializations are meant to compensate for the comparatively low amount of tank models it will be annoying to switch to the different weapons if you need them. Dice should let us save different loadouts we can choose on the battlefield before spawning, just like BF1.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yyyyyyyup.

Pacific is damn good. Well done DICE.

Did anyone notice Team balancing is on now? But it seems that only on Grand Operations. Between days, teams get scrambled. Is it a bug or a feature elenarie?

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Breakthrough is excellent and the changing weather is really fantastic and immersive in this update. Loving the start too, very Normandy like with the troop carriers getting hosed by machine guns and troops jumping overboard. Great update!
Coming back from Modern warfare is really jarring with the ttk, but enjoying it more actually.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
in iwo jima the 3rd or 4th set of objectives is very poorly designed. defenders can camp tanks on top of the mountain and fire straight downwards with impunity as theres no way to be killed

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
DICE, I didn't know if you had it in you anymore, but
f42.png

Performance is okay, Maps are great, atmosphere is amazing (as long as I don't see any "wrong" Elites...).
Graphics/IQ are SO MUCH BETTER, I even had to load up Twisted Steel to compare and it's night and day - still looks like shit.
Definitely the best and "most Battlefield-y" BFV I have played, good job.
Yeah, what's the deal with Twisted Steel? I like the map but it looks like total ass on PS4 Pro.