• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Alright here we go again, any idea when this might drop?

............................................................... .................................................................................... .......................................... .............................................................................................................................. ............................................................... .......................................... ...................................................................................................................................................
............................................................... .................................................................................... .......................................... .............................................................................................................................. ............................................................... .......................................... ...................................................................................................................................................
............................................................... .................................................................................... .......................................... .............................................................................................................................. ............................................................... .......................................... .......................................................................................................................................... soon

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Will see the trailer in a bit :D

Was someone in a Grand Operation in Hannut last night? Whole team was coordinating strategies via chat, was incredibly fun. Until someone lost our Tiger 1 to the enemy, then it was GG in Rush :(

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer made me cautiously optimistic if everything shown there is really delivered. Now gimme the patch notes!

EDIT: Aaand the first disappointment already happened, Wake Island of all things is coming later in December...

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Many of us speculated that the Pacific Storm map was a take on Paracel Storm and we were right! That's awesome I love that map. The trailer was great can't wait.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Staggered released of it's content, and 0 focus on big ship sea battle ( at least currenty shown ), everything I feared.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
What do you mean by "big ship sea battle" ?
xkel1mhtevl11.png

1571840345-maxresdefault-5.jpg

Pics from a game released in 2002, a fps called World of.. I mean battlefield 1942.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
But they did have ship battles in BF1. So some of that should be possible.

The ships were small. A Battleship is like 4 times (at least) the size of the little destroyers we could play in 1. You'd need to have at least two playable in a map to justify one being playable. Therefore, you'd need to have at least the equivalent of halvoy in water in the playable area. It would not make any sense with the scale we play with.

Smaller ships? Yeah, maybe. But definitely not battleships.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So yesterday i talked about not spending boins even after 250 hours. But that Japanese elite looks awesome i might get it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
So you didn't play any BF since 1942 ?

I think your expectations to see some ship battles coming back almost 20 years after the original were a little bit unrealistic
I had little expectation, it's battlefield V afterall.

I did hope it would happen, and at least do as much sea battle as bf1 DLC, given WW2 Pacifc content was where sea battle was at his best in the licence history. ( that being said it's only a trailer, I will still hold some hope until we have full on gameplay )

It's kind of sad that it's becoming unrealistic to expect their game to not offer less than previous ones, even recent ones. But since we can have someone from Dice saying that bf1 had "too many maps", maybe someone also think it had too big of a scope and too many vehicles option, who knows.

Oct 27, 2017
I had little expectation, it's battlefield V afterall.

I did hope it would happen, and at least do as much sea battle as bf1 DLC, given WW2 Pacifc content was where sea battle was at his best in the licence history. ( that being said it's only a trailer, I will still hold some hope until we have full on gameplay )

It's kind of sad that it's becoming unrealistic to expect their game to not offer less than previous ones, even recent ones. But since we can have someone from Dice saying that bf1 had "too many maps", maybe someone also think it had too big of a scope and too many vehicles option, who knows.

Maybe we get a battle of Midway down the line or so. But I can't see Dice making ship to ship battles fun.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
The ships were small. A Battleship is like 4 times (at least) the size of the little destroyers we could play in 1. You'd need to have at least two playable in a map to justify one being playable. Therefore, you'd need to have at least the equivalent of halvoy in water in the playable area. It would not make any sense with the scale we play with.

Smaller ships? Yeah, maybe. But definitely not battleships.
Did you forget about the Dreadnoughts in BF1? Heligoland Bight started with one for each team

Oct 27, 2017
Did you forget about the Dreadnoughts in BF1? Heligoland Bight started with one for each team

I don't know if the second Chapter focusing on Naval side of Pacific is a good idea. The destroyers/carriers would exist only on one or two maps. And the BF1 Naval maps were... not great. So you commit massive resources (still needed for Western and Eastern fronts) to a niche mode which has no guarantee of even being enjoyable in the first place.

Maybe you, elyetis and others should just watch Azur Lane and get their battleship fix from there.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd much rather they do focus on land stuff with some small craft in the mix of course. I really hope we get the Eastern front after this as well as some more iconic stuff in Europe but I'm guessing this will be the last substantial update.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the Pacific with skeptical optimism.

Also. Nice, return of Battle Pickups Hopefully I can get lucky

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awww, no game play. Cool trailer as usual. Looks quite clean or maybe I've just got use to the BF graphics now.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Think Pacific was always planned at this moment?
Well it was gonna come at SOME point, but with the Theatre of War it was supposed to be set much later since the whole idea was to follow the war as it developed with the content. Which was an interesting idea, but with BFV being released in such a state as it was that required constant attention, held back development for new stuff, people asking for things that didn't come until much later, I think they just tossed it all out the window in the end.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well it was gonna come at SOME point, but with the Theatre of War it was supposed to be set much later since the whole idea was to follow the war as it developed with the content. Which was an interesting idea, but with BFV being released in such a state as it was that required constant attention, held back development for new stuff, people asking for things that didn't come until much later, I think they just tossed it all out the window in the end.
Curious what they have planned then. Good to see Sirland also back

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it if the Aleutian Islands Campaign was the next chapter after the Pacific. Almost entirely unknown arena of the War.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think we get russians next and some big battles and Berlin. Dont think they go with "small" battles again. Think this year it was already in dev and they needed to. But i think if they want to get some more sales and bigger playerbase they are gonna drop big battles from now on.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer looks exactly what I wanted out of BFV. I will remain skeptical though, let's see how immersion breaking the customization options will be first. Graphics look like a big step up, but I don't think they will change anything about BFV's IQ.

Oct 27, 2017
Why do power-ups dropped on the map... What kind of design problem are we solving here?

You have a call-in system. I want to see equipment call-in: heavy weapons like flamethrower, panzerfaust and sure, we can have the trench raider/darth vader too.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Underwhelming. The trailer was decent, but after reading all the details, I'm disappointed. Let's start with the maps. They stated before that to make the Pacific feel like a new theatre of war they were going to have 3-4 maps. We got two with one being release sometime in December. Next I want to looks at the new vehicles. So for aircraft all we get is the Corsair and Zero. Instead of actually adding more aircraft all we get is a fighter and bomber variant. So no bombers, fighter-bombers, or torpedo bombers. Since there are no torpedo bombers that probably means there are no torpedos, which means there are probably no large useable ships.

This is BF V with palm trees. Nothing new or interesting. Just lipstick on a pig. This doesn't fix the cheaters, lousy performance, bugs since launch, horrible UI, no team balancing, or any of the other myriad of problems this game still has.

DICE promised the Pacific, so they had to deliver on something, no matter how little it was. I don't see much support for this game in the future. Maybe two more Pacific maps then they'll probably do the Eastern Front. After that the rumored BC 3 is supposed to be out.

I would have gladly paid $15-$30 for an actual Pacific expansion. Instead all we get is some GaaS that just wants to milk Bcoins from players.

I'll wait for gameplay and play it myself. However, I already have CoD ready and loaded to go.

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Where is my P47 and FW190?

Why do power-ups dropped on the map... What kind of design problem are we solving here?

You have a call-in system. I want to see equipment call-in: heavy weapons like flamethrower, panzerfaust and sure, we can have the trench raider/darth vader too.

Medal of Honor did it right. You could call in an offensive weapon or a defensive one/buff and many were class based. They could do so, so much more with the system.

Drop that 2020 roadmap...

They definitely moved the Pacific up to avoid being obliterated by CoD.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if the Aleutian Islands Campaign was the next chapter after the Pacific. Almost entirely unknown arena of the War.

I think they will scramble to either get Normandy, Ardennes or Stalingrad into the game next before they run out of steam. They can't really afford to go back to the unknown battles now.