• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure if my rig is supposed to be having issues playing?

1060 gtx 3gb 8gb of ram and ryzen 5 1600 3.4hz and I notice some stutters and hitching in combat and when zooming on certain scopes. Playing with most settings on low, I also constantly have sever icons popped up that aren't there on other games.
Your lack of main ram and VRAM is the likely cause of stuttering upon zoom. I use the same Ryzen chip and with 16gigs and a 1070 I can hit 60fps in 3440x1440 on high.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Because shooting at doritos was so fun... yeah. Thank god they removed that dumb 3D spot system

Exactly. Game is so much better having to actually find targets and shoot instead of just looking at a mass of icons. The limited spotting they have now is a good balance of calling out locations and tanks etc to your squad with a static mark, not a literal wallhack like what 3d spotting did.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
They changed the spotting system?

giphy.webp

It started getting to be spot spot spot.. Constant looking at your mini map to find enemies and trying to flank people became a hard thing to do cause you were always spotted. I like the new system

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
They changed the spotting system?

giphy.webp

Because honestly it was really terrible. BF1 at least fixed it being a literal wallhack and made it so you had to actually be looking at a guy to spot them, but it was still really dumb. A lot of the time I'd just plunk down with an MG and spray dudes down because I could see their Doritos through the smoke 'nades.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Now that suppression means basically nothing how you are supposed to challenge and kill snipers? I can pepper one with MMG, then he just point and clicks for automatic win even in mid range because accuracy is 100%.
The scope glare is very bright which I like a lot so it's very easy to see them aiming at you.

what I tend to do is quickly spot the location and keep him spotted as often as possible to have other people help me take him out and of course take cover and chill, popping up occasionally to fire back.

but yes I agree he will win more often than not but enlisting other help by spotting the location is the best option in my opinion

Also....so is it only your squad that you can revive if you are not playing Medic or can anyone revive anyone with the slow revive animation?

The reason I ask is only my squad members are showing as me being able to revive but I swear I was revived by several non Squad members who were not Medics as well so I'm not sure what's going on

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe on console. Game looks glorious and performs pretty good for 64p mp. I mean look what those jaguar cores make happen on the consoles Can't deny the wizardry there.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So many of the maps are dull sniper heavens. Playing anything else than long range rifles with scopes can get so painful.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I finally got to play Hamada and AeroDrome. They are at the end of the map rotation and I usually take a break before they come up.

Hamada is a case of bigger isn't always better. A lot of running around, there should be more transport vehicles at the least.

AeroDrome is a good infantry map.

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Loving this so far, not sure I'm completely ready to forgive DICE for the Battlefront 2 rubbish but they are well on their way. I have a feeling that the next few weeks of my life are going to be spent unlocking every single weapon and every single weapon upgrade.

Also, very happy spotting is gone, (well, partially). There was nothing more annoying than trying to flank the enemy only to have a sniper spot you, then suddenly 5 guys appear out of nowhere and blast you to bits. Now I can be a sneaky boi.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My team experience so far:

- Everyone plays recon and stays in the same position not spotting and barely playing for objectives (everyone as a big chunk of the team, I had like 3 recon on my squad for several times)

- No one gives a shit about constructing stuff, not even when it makes sense and the game basically tells you so.

- Another battlefield, another time people don't care about dealing with tanks or trying to adapt their class choice for the occasion, like I know you like recon but if two enemy tanks are destroying us you change your damn class and help people deal with it.

Is not like I'm a pro but is baffling to see people not even playing basic 101 team play level

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm definitely noticing the recon spam. So many people always gravitate towards that class. When my squad has two or more, I just say fuck it and fly the whole game.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question, but for EA trials, it's ten hours total gameplay right? Not just 10 hours from when you start it?

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I'm definitely noticing the recon spam. So many people always gravitate towards that class. When my squad has two or more, I just say fuck it and fly the whole game.
I lock the team if I'm going recon, I hate people spawning on me as recon at the moment, more so because when I've put a perfectly good spawn beacon down to help hold objectives and no one uses it...

Playing frontline sniper isn't hard either with the semi-auto rifles as they are 2 shots in the chest.

Being recon is fine, being shit recon is the problem and most fall into the later.

Oct 27, 2017
My team experience so far:

- Everyone plays recon and stays in the same position not spotting and barely playing for objectives (everyone as a big chunk of the team, I had like 3 recon on my squad for several times)

- No one gives a shit about constructing stuff, not even when it makes sense and the game basically tells you so.

- Another battlefield, another time people don't care about dealing with tanks or trying to adapt their class choice for the occasion, like I know you like recon but if two enemy tanks are destroying us you change your damn class and help people deal with it.

Is not like I'm a pro but is baffling to see people not even playing basic 101 team play level

If people don't play the BF right EVERY TIME, then you really cannot blame the users for failing to play the game correctly for 7 years. Sacrificing yourself to take down half of the tank's HP, getting sniped leading the charge on the VP, repairing/positioning support weapons... There is no way to tell your piece of shit tank teammate to spare your fortifications, no way to co-ordinate against the tank with proximity chat, no way to co-ordinate any kind of combined-arms advance (air, armor, snipers, frontline) no way to communicate outside the squad, no way to ask someone to tow your AT weapon somewhere.

Also, snipers are loaded with knives. When you overload their kit with CQ tricks, it is an incentive to play the scout.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why have they nerfed the SMGs? They were fine in the beta. But now they are borderline unusable. They seriously need to look at that because already hardly anyone is playing medic, and I'd say that was the most played clsss on BF1. But the weapons for a medic in this are so underpowered.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people don't play the BF right EVERY TIME, then you really cannot blame the users for failing to play the game correctly for 7 years. Sacrificing yourself to take down half of the tank's HP, getting sniped leading the charge on the VP, repairing/positioning support weapons... There is no way to tell your piece of shit tank teammate to spare your fortifications, no way to co-ordinate against the tank with proximity chat, no way to co-ordinate any kind of combined-arms advance (air, armor, snipers, frontline) no way to communicate outside the squad, no way to ask someone to tow your AT weapon somewhere.

Also, snipers are loaded with knives. When you overload their kit with CQ tricks, it is an incentive to play the scout.

The game might fail in the communication aspect, but we aren't talking about complicated team tactics and very specific things like "don't destroy fortifications" that might need proper communication tools, we are talking about very basic team gameplay stuff. If I see on the map an enemy tank on the distance or I see there's 2 of them, do I really need someone to tell me "take down those tanks, dammit!" or is something as a player I can see the importance of taking down a tank that is absolutely destroying us?

The game tells you that you are one base away of losing the game and that is your last stand, I don't think you need a team message to tell you to fall back and make and prepare for the assault because this is it...

I feel that people played way better on BC2 than now and that game had even less communication tools (specially on console) or maybe how that game was designed made it easier to people to understand priorities and play objectives...idk

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
With some fiddling I think the best audio options for stereo headphones is just "headphones" with the surround option. War Tapes quite clearly has awful dynamic range and compression.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
With some fiddling I think the best audio options for stereo headphones is just "headphones" with the surround option. War Tapes quite clearly has awful dynamic range and compression.
I was hoping the 3D audio option would be good but I can't tell directional sound whatsoever with it on which is the opposite to what should be happening. Standard headphone setting does seem to be the way to go if you're using stereo headphones.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I was hoping the 3D audio option would be good but I can't tell directional sound whatsoever with it on which is the opposite to what should be happening. Standard headphone setting does seem to be the way to go if you're using stereo headphones.

Yeah I tried that and couldn't hear much "surround" going on. That was only in the introduction SP missions though.

Oct 27, 2017
The game might fail in the communication aspect, but we aren't talking about complicated team tactics and very specific things like "don't destroy fortifications" that might need proper communication tools, we are talking about very basic team gameplay stuff. If I see on the map an enemy tank on the distance or I see there's 2 of them, do I really need someone to tell me "take down those tanks, dammit!" or is something as a player I can see the importance of taking down a tank that is absolutely destroying us?

What do you think that sniper players CAN do against a tank? Shoot an armor piercing bullet for the marginal damage? Equip a grenade as a Medic to do the 20 damage?

A hard-counter to tanks should be a support anti-tank weapon, which requires a vehicle driver to bring and position. However, a vehicle driver has 0 incentive to do so, and even if he does it. He cannot tell someone to go get the PAK I am towing to counter those tanks. The game is new and hopefully people will be better in the future, as usual with all games. Most players are just learning about fortifications and how to drive a tank.

However, the game needs to inform and incentivize players to diversify the team's composition:
• Team leader
• Proximity Chat
• Warning about a poor team composition
• Bonus XP for picking lacking roles
• Auto-class/role button to fill the team's composition
• Preferred roles for better matchmaking (trash in BF games), so both the game-finder and team-balance can try to even out the compositions

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Can you only use the Origin 7 day trial once on your account? I've been given a code but it says I've already used a 7 day trial.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
wanna know how I know this game is special

Even the battlefield subreddit is praising the game, after bashing it relentlessly for months. Still a couple of numbskulls whining about the women, but their issues with that are transparent. it seems undeniable that the game is dice's best work in a while

Constant bad company 2 and bf2 comparisons in terms of maps and fun. They even praise the customization, which seems super fun to me too. Normally i dont care much for customization, but i love what i see

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I've been using 3D audio with plain stereo headphones and the soundstage and directionality have been great. I should try the other modes to contrast.

Ohhhht

Oct 29, 2017
The squad screen did show my team without their heads today. I was laughing so hard that I totally forgot to make a screenshot but that was weird. Did this happen to anyone else?
Yeah I've had that. The LODS in game can also be quite low but I'll take that over poor performance. The game (on one x) runs and feels great.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Ive been using the 3d option on xb1x with atmos. I thought it sound great but i will use the other option to compare.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
This is so weird. It's probably the first game i wont buy purely because of the maps. I had a feeling this would happen after the beta. I didn't like the beta maps and now after i have played the different maps in the full game i can say that i don't enjoy any of them. I still like the gunplay/gameplay, so maybe i'll pick it up cheaper when all the DLC maps are out or maybe i'll just wait for it to be on EA Access.

But i never thought i would see a game where the maps was the decider between buying it or not.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think I got banned for telling someone who was trying to type out racial expletives in chat why they couldn't be normal for once.

*EDIT WHOOPS ITS DX12

Last edited:

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the opening of BF5 is fantastic. No one beats DICE in cinema presentation and the HDR is turned up to 11.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Wait.....what happened to the BEAST gun from the beta!? Can't remember the name but it was the gun everyone was using on the assault class.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I played a mode that has a mixture of tdm, frontline, and domination, and conquest and that was fun. Still would rather play tdm only.

Status
Not open for further replies.