• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hamada sniper infested? Im excited to play a humongous BF map, but Id be disappointed if it was infested with snipers on hills and lacking infantry CQC/medium distance combat.

I loved Armored Kill maps, does it play like those maps?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

Thats the stuff origin access prime unlocks:
Egn7Izl.png

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I just found out my EA account has been hacked by seemingly Russian origin. Haggling with support now to get it restored, thank god for dummy email accounts....

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah had the same a while back, Support fixed it after a 10min chat or so.
Awesome, glad to hear it wasn't a huge deal. I remember way back it took forever to get my Blizz account back, but that was probably 10+ years ago now. Mainly glad I didn't have any financial stuff attached to the email that was compromised.

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Writing-wise, yes. Titanfall 2 suffers from a lack of strong characterization. It's ultimately a story about a man and his robot vs paper thin antagonists who are introduced and then killed off in lame boss battles. TF2 has some heart in its portrayal of that relationship, but Infinite Warfare is a far better version of the same basic story. However, BF4 has similar themes of comradeship and sacrifice placed into a vastly superior and far more nuanced political context that takes a stand against the glorification of war. A game that suggests that the only road to true peace is lay down your gun, and if that isn't enough, lay down your life to protect the "enemy". It abandons the whole "We're the good guys, they're the bad guys" schtick way too many war games have. It's a plain better story that Titanfall 2's "the bad guys are mean and stuff so you have to kill them". Told in a better way.

Battlefield 4 is emotionally resonant. So was Modern Warfare 2. But when it came to Titanfall 2, I feel Jesse Stern dropped the ball a bit.
You do realize Battlefield 4 is considered the most trash campaign from Battlefield while TF2 is one of the best campaigns of that year?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought a monthly subscription to EA Access so I can use the 10% discount to pre-order BFV. But every time I click Get the game in origin it just takes me to a blank page. This is true for the origin client, firefox and chrome, as well as if I log out. Can anyone confirm that this is also the case for them? https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-v
6f055e66-f317-4bdb-b027-c86c83b2a149.png

works fine here, Firefox

Try this link I guess

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-v/offer-selection

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
the weapons you get in the beginning feel really shitty.
but when i check out the stats of the later weapons they all seem to be worse... what gives.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool, EA support told me they "can't identify my information" and ended my support chat. I'm going to start another, but I feel like I'm screwed out of my account now. They asked my original email and phone number, which I provided. Then told me that wasn't the email used to create the account (it was) and ended the chat on me. I'm pretty furious right now, spending most of my morning on support with awful CS.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hamada sniper infested? Im excited to play a humongous BF map, but Id be disappointed if it was infested with snipers on hills and lacking infantry CQC/medium distance combat.

I loved Armored Kill maps, does it play like those maps?

Only got to play it once but that seemed to be the case. Without a crew to rush under the bridge it was just so stagnant. I'm sure me sucking at vehicles didn't help tho.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Origin is such a shitty client. Sluggish, slow and lackluster in every single way. Interface is so bad.

The gane is great. Havent had this much fun since bad company 2.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I am more of an middle of the field player, I am doing fine but never climb the top score board.
But man I have yet to see my team winning, haha. Game feels good so far, but is there any chance to skip the squad spawn screen and go to the overview immediately?

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
I am more of an middle of the field player, I am doing fine but never climb the top score board.
But man I have yet to see my team winning, haha. Game feels good so far, but is there any chance to skip the squad spawn screen and go to the overview immediately?
Honestly if you just run from objective to objective you will be in the top 10 guaranteed every game. I'm pretty much always in the top ten, even going like 5-5, just because I'm pushing the fucking objective.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if you just run from objective to objective you will be in the top 10 guaranteed every game.

Adding to this, be sure to play the class you choose beyond just shooting. Medic? Throw health and revive people. Support? Give your team ammo. Recon? Spot enemies with your little telescope thing. (Assault really is just a kill machine). You'll start getting a LOT of points and climb to the top of that scoreboard.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have ea access or origin premier or whatever, but I did preorder the deluxe edition that came with all the shit. Do we get any early access or we gotta wait until the 15th?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that was a pretty swanky launch trailer, wish we could've gotten something like that for the announcement trailer.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I do think the BF1 after match roundup screen was more exciting. Am I missing the "most revives" etc., part of the after match?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I really dislike the ugly menus, probably one of the most annoying things that bled over from battlefront. I also hate that I can't seem to find a way to disable mouse buttons in the menus themselves, use them for discord and in game they go back which is obnoxious. Black Ops spoiled me on the great range of options and keybinds. I am liking this a lot more than beta but I get really annoyed when no one plays the game. Everybody just tdming, guess that's just battlefield for you.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got access to my account back. For the record if anyone has issues with EA, just call them. The chat support was rude and useless, guy on the phone call was great and helpful. Both had the same info, weird.

Time to start downloading this beast and get out of the house. I'll be on the battlefield tonight!

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
I like what I am seeing based on a few streams I've watched.

Has anyone pre-ordered a PS4 digital code off Amazon before? I have a $50 Amazon gift card I'd like to use. Do you get the code on the day of release or do you get it a day or two before release to pre-download?

Thanks.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
What DICE has against MMGs?

Bipod is borderline broken as it's riddled with insane amount of deployment issues. Most of logical surfaces can't be used, some spots are extremely angle and pixel specific, have angle off by 1 degree as you move point of fire as you throw down lead to field and it auto folds instantly, slow to deploy, in same cases instead of deploying on surface it deploys into the surface, slow to deploy making pushes with squad tricky to pull off well etc etc.

Also why basically every single other main weapon class weapon get magnification scope, but not MMGs?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Have to say I am pretty shocked. I cannot remember the last time all players on a Squad openly communicated through the mics. I was the Squad Leader and discovered the whole new reinforcements thing (luckily the game told me to press LB&RB or I would have had zero fucking clue). Somewhat reminded me of the good old days of having a Commander. Somewhat.

So yeah, now of course I am leaning towards purchasing it since I had one really positive experience. However I do know chances are that was just an anomaly, and it will primarily be people playing lone wolf even if they are in a squad.

Definitely love the fact they are trying to encourage more team based play. I just question if players will embrace that or not.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mhh, game keeps crashing to desktop to me after a while of playing. :/ Cant even finish a round right now.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.