• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Anthem is solid at that price. Can't speak for BFV. If you get deep enough into Anthem, don't skip the Cataclysm content! It's some of the best and most interesting content I've seen in one of these lite MMO shooters.

OP
OP
HanzSnubSnub

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
These people telling you BFV is good are lying to you, OP. Anything you want out of BFV you could get out of BF4 but as an immensely better experience.

You don't play the games past BF4, that is the rule. You break that rule, you're going to REGRET IT.
I have Battlefield 4 and haven't played any of the newer games yet lol

Does Anthem have any single player content or is it all online?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn lol

Why, is BF1 better than BFV?

BF1 is one of the best games DICE has made; but it plays very differently to other BF games so it is pretty controversial to some hardcore fans.

BFV was a poor showing from DICE; outside of the soundtrack and most of the gunplay, everything else was a downgrade from BF1.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried Anthem earlier this year, it's a terrible game. Even the flying and combat everyone always praised didn't feel like anything special. Especially with how limited the flight is. Don't waste money on Anthem.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BFV had the best multiplayer since BC3 in my opinion. It's multiplayer offering has always been worth the asking price (and I bought it at launch).

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
BF5 is fun if you like battlefield games, some decent maps and fun to be had.

Anthem is just a colossal waste of time more then money tbh

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I could never recommend Battlefield V either. I've bought Battlefield games day one but after playing the BETA I cancelled my pre-order.

I did chose to download the PS Plus version though and after many hours, going through three classes and expecting it to click, I've returned to Battlefield 1. It's so much better.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
I would rather value my time more than saving a quick buck on very mediocre games.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
If you set your expectation low, Anthem is pretty fun. It's a great looking game with fun gameplay let down by everything else.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, is there something else you could spend that amount of money on that's better?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked BF5 more than the rest of the series and it is 100% worth it, especially for the WW2 pacific expansion.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I played about 9 or 10 hours of Anthem a few months ago because EA Play was on sale. It was okay. I thought combat and traversal were pretty good, but the feeling of progress was completely missing. It could still be fun, but I don't see why you'd invest your time on a dead GaaS title. Better things to do elsewhere.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
BFV is the worst Battlefield in a decade not counting Hardline. I bought it cheap on PS4, and installed it twice on Series X via Game Pass and quickly bounced every time. Maps are extremely boring and there's an absurd amount of grinding with each class before you even have a decent selection of weapons.

Anthem is just straight up bad. Play a Gravity Rush game if you want to fly around a map.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
V has improved but it's not for everyone. Biggest issue I and many have with it is how fast you die in it, you feel often like you are getting one shotted all the time. They really screwed with the TTK to make it way too fast and single shot rifles are insanely powerful, so it's the most snipey feeling BF

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't read my whole post, did you!

My bad, please revise from "one day playing the beta before the game ever released " to "one week of playing the beta before the game ever released ".

I don't think that really changes the point though... from beta to release was already a lot of positive changes, stack on years later and... yeah, I don't think an opinion on the beta is relevant to the actual game three years later. IMO of course, who knows, you might still hate it if you tried today but at least that'd be a relevant opinion.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I bought Anthem Day One on PS4 and loved it. Thought it was worth it at that price and got over 50 hours in it (probably more, forget actual number). Don't know about Battlefield though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's weird to see so many people saying "no" to Anthem.

It's a dead game now in terms of GaaS but it's freaking $3.49. You could easily have enough fun where it's worth it at that price.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird to see so many people saying "no" to Anthem.

It's a dead game now in terms of GaaS but it's freaking $3.49. You could easily have enough fun where it's worth it at that price.
If you can convince someone else to go in on it with you (or just buy it for them, it's only tree fiddy), then I agree. As a solo experience it's pretty drab.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
im surprised servers are still up for this game. i deleted my ps4 version recently thinking it was dead and buried

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
My bad, please revise from "one day playing the beta before the game ever released " to "one week of playing the beta before the game ever released ".

I don't think that really changes the point though... from beta to release was already a lot of positive changes, stack on years later and... yeah, I don't think an opinion on the beta is relevant to the actual game three years later. IMO of course, who knows, you might still hate it if you tried today but at least that'd be a relevant opinion.
Hahaaaa. You still haven't read the whole of my post.

Don't worry about it. It's fine.

TheSpoonyBard

Mar 11, 2021
BFV deserved all the criticism it got, but now thst they've updated the game with more maps and content, it's actually really good and definitely worth the price. It's also got the best actual gameplay in the series. The new Pacific maps, and Iwo Jima in particular, are great.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BFV deserved all the criticism it got, but now thst they've updated the game with more maps and content, it's actually really good and definitely worth the price. It's also got the best actual gameplay in the series. The new Pacific maps, and Iwo Jima in particular, are great.

Yeah, Iwo Jima is one of the all time best Battlefield maps.